No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » No press gain what so ever
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author No press gain what so ever
Sinister Strawberry
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-19 18:49   
I spent about 30mins supping before i relized that my total press was the same when i first logged in..so while watching my stats window while supping i noticed that it didnt go up at all. So i thought..maybe just desyced agian..nope..when i logged back in my ship was at the same position it was when i first logged in. so i tried to sup again and guess what it didnt count either..same goes for construction, combat, and bombing,

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-19 19:42   
Prestige in Rogens and the Newbie server doesn't get counter if you go over the minimum rank for those servers.

Sinister Strawberry
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-19 19:46   
i was in sag and lac.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-19 19:51   
I had the same problem last night while supplying in my Hive. Relogging fixed it and started the prestige gain again, although I still lost what I would have gained before relogging.

Something pretty bad happened with that last patch to fix the red lines and storage.

Sinister Strawberry
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-19 19:59   
Also just had problems taking resources off of earths space port. after about 10k resources it just stopped even though it still had 200k left. noticed this last night to at loakmy when it would only let me make research labs and nothing higher than that.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-19 21:12   
Honestly, it's probably client side desync on your end. You think you're at point A, when you're actualy at point B.

This happens with connections that tend to drop packets often.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-19 21:35   
Quote:

On 2009-02-19 21:12, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Honestly, it's probably client side desync on your end. You think you're at point A, when you're actualy at point B.

Lately , developers (specially you jack), blame desync on almost every case. I think , developer team needs to set a "minimum requierements" to plays ds such as connecting type and speed. So if players under certain speed got that kind of problems during game play they would have no right to whine.

just to think about it

peace..

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-20 01:24   
Quote:

On 2009-02-19 21:12, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

what? in 1.483 this never happend, so there is something diffrent about the game, not that some connections tends top drop packets often.

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-20 06:43   
This thing will go nowhere.. its customer fault... you will never win the argument..

But at least tell us the Internet Speed Requirement so we can go on with our live's if we could not make it.

This is not happening in one person. This happen to most of them including me.

So either you fix it or you tell us. Plain and simple.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-20 09:32   
It's nothing to do with speed. We replaced the TCP protocol with UDP during development of 1.5 for movement traits, which are far quicker and require no server processing, but has no saftey checks (ie, did it actually get delivered).

If your connection is dropping packets (has nothing to do with speed of the connection, just the quality/stability), then there's nothing we can really do until Faustus adds a few more checks in (which takes time, it's not easy).

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-20 10:57   
Have the TCP/UDP numbers stayed the same on the firewall ports or have they changed?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-20 11:05   
Quote:

On 2009-02-20 10:57, Pegasus= wrote:
Have the TCP/UDP numbers stayed the same on the firewall ports or have they changed?

Nothing has changed since the initial move to UDP.

Sinister Strawberry
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-20 14:50   
Now out of the blue all targets are my screen disapear including planet targets and chat doesnt work either when this happens. its like i never logged back in. Also i got platinum combat badge but its not saying i do on in game profile nor did it say anything when i got to 5k combat. And i know its not the players faults that this is happing because none of this damn stuff has happend before the last patch and almost everyone i talk to has had this bug at lest once. Sadly i cant seen to shake it long enough to play at all.

[ This Message was edited by: Slycon *Morning Wood* on 2009-02-20 14:57 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Slycon *Morning Wood* on 2009-02-20 16:58 ]

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2009-02-20 18:27   
I have to agree with the no pres gain. In fact, it has done nothing but go down since I got back in the game and it doesn't matter what I do either. And yes I am playing on Sag.

We are all getting the issues with the disappearing planets and ships. We are all getting the red line bug on a clear jump. We are all getting the white line on what should have been a red line jump. We are all getting the death by planet when taking a ship out of the shipyard. If this is all caused by dropped UDP packets then what do we do Jack? We can't go knocking on our ISP's door and say "can you please increase my connection's quality?" They will laugh at us. I, myself, have a 4mb cable connection from a monopoly provider and am also getting the issues that are constantly being blamed on de-sync. It is a problem that WE as customers cannot fix. And I def know it is not my puter cause I have a newly built system that is far more than adequate for this game.

So, I guess what we are asking is, does the big man think that additional packet checks will fix the issue??

[ This Message was edited by: Bandit on 2009-02-20 18:57 ]

Sinister Strawberry
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-20 19:47   
Bandit said what we are ALL thinking. ITs not us its that new update. And i myself got a computer made for gaming best cards and motherboard around.. also got highspeed internet that NEVER lags. so its not either of those its that last update. why cant u guys just admit that u made a mistake, get over it, and fix it.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021050 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR