No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Great idea? Or not so Great?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author Great idea? Or not so Great?
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-18 16:15   
Quote:

On 2009-02-18 13:03, Fattierob wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-02-18 13:02, Drafell wrote:
There are also many other possibilities that are available if we choose to implement micro payments into DS.

5 dollars to mute a player in the lobby
10 dollars to kick a player for an hour
20 dollars to ban a player for a day

gogogo

this

.. on a different note, mabe you can pay to replace lost rares?

Email Sens [R33]
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-18 17:08   
Quote:
Any 'purchased' enhancements that are non-cosmetic should be also available via a reasonable amount of normal game play, with a typical session lasting from between 30 minutes to 2 hours. So although a player can pay X dollars to purchase a full set of medium enhancements, a player could also invest 30 minutes or so, and stand a reasonable chance of gaining the same items via normal play.

so in essense make the whole addition of being able to buy enhancements useless?

why would i pay real money, for anything i could get in game. your not thinkin like a business man.

also, if you worried about 'gold' farming etc, wouldnt that be a good sign? as in "Yaaay we are now big enough that the crazy chinese farmers are here!"

Email Meko
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-18 18:01   
You all know we used to have credits, right? I mean, its not like we don't have some basis for setting up the economy if that's what they wanted to do. I shouldn't be any different really. Missions being added back in should be better for prestige than for profit. Honestly, I don't see any reason for it tho. If we were able to modify our ships as before, maybe, but we can't now. Enhancements being sold just defeats the purpose. Limit them like some are to sub only, sure. I can understand that. If you are going to reinstitute credits, then you should lose your ship AND mods AND enhancements. Otherwise no point in an economy.

ALL THIS INSTEAD OF MAKING THE BEST ENHANCEMENTS DROP FROM PvP KILLS!!! I just don't get it.

What does everyone want? PvP and good enhancements.

What kills every shortsited mmo? Players forced to grind AI, or the ability to buy your way to the top.

Make the top few tiers randomly drop an equivalent level enhancement, and the people are gaining prestige and enhancements while they do what it is that they pay to play this game for; own and get owned and talk smack.

I'm just one guy, and I know what my opinion is worth. As much as anyone else's. I just wholeheartedly, completely, absolutely disagree with the entire idea of buying or grinding for enhancements.

Az

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2009-02-19 03:08   
Suggestion:

Fleet perks thought...

If each individual fleet had the ability to store "enhancements" in-game, it would allow fleet members to access the resources of the fleet regardless of who is/is not in-game. Being in a fleet should have perks, not just a tag beside your name. With a fleet armory dump in-game (instead of in the garage), it would allow it's members to advance, especially players who are new or unlucky enough to have poor stats.

Be warned that enabling grunts with better equipment may not be the best idea!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.013758 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR