Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Great idea? Or not so Great?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Great idea? Or not so Great?
mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-18 01:55   
Quote:

On 2009-02-18 00:52, Stealth77 wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-02-18 00:43, Stealth77 wrote:
make the game totaly free to play..which will draw alot larger player base for those of us that want/willing to buy uppgrades with real money..you can iether play for free with basic equipment..or spend 10-30$ amonth on enhancements that doesnt hurt the players that cant aford it..like 50%less prest loss or +10/20/50% prestiege earned or +25% chance of getting a rare enhancement dropp. all kinds of ways to do it and and keep it ballanced.

or make the free players suffer and us payers able to buy powerfull items/enhancements..that was my 1st post geesh

How about half prestige gain for Unsub.

Half Prestige Lost for Sub.

1-2 Rank below ship usage for Unsub. meaning FA no station for you but a Manible or Ganglia (for kluth)

Sub can use ship of their ranks.

and let us buy enhancement, or make enhancement available thru ingame credit. but only works when you subscribe. of course you have to implement the above suggestion.

[ This Message was edited by: mbllanes - Dark Vader on 2009-02-18 05:54 ]

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-18 03:08   
@ Azreal and Mr Sparkle, i completely agree rare enhansements should be from pvp, not from AI elites.

to be quite honest, 1% to 3%'s should be the only thing from AI's, and 4%'s from AI elites.

To get to the modified stuff, and the enhansed stuff, here is how Meko would do it. *note: the below system would require slight change to the entire system*

Enhanced: From PvP kills. criteria: The ship killed must be fully modded (8 upgrades), and at least cruiser in size. drop percent? to be tweaked but i would put it on the rhicter scale of about 3% chance from cruisers, 5% chance on dreads and 7% from station kills.

Modyfied: The same as above.

The Market: Credits are spent on enhansments. Enhancements are put on sale by Players, and buyable from players from any faction. Thus we begin an economy.

The economy: Credits are earned in the same way pres is earned; doing everything. One bombing point? 1 credit. One resupply point? one credit. So whats the point of selling enhancements once youve got all the enhansements that you need? to gain credits to buy more. Now why would you need to buy more?

Enhancement Shuffle: when you have 8 enhancements on a ship, and you die, 20% chance you will lose One enhancement. Modyfied and advanced would be exempt from this, in the exception that someone has 8 on thier ship, in which case they run the risk. By having that risk, is dissuades people form having 8 'elite' hardwirings, and instead having 7 and a 'buffer' hardwiring that they are willing to lose.

Prototype: The black market. Real cash, for black market credits, to purchase these. Prototype enhancements would be stuff we havnt seen before, but stuff that would give people an edge. for example, 7% turn speed. or 7% less energy required for shield recharge/upkeep. 10% faster jumpdrive recharge anyone? the possabilities truly are vast for this stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry i cannot remember the name of the person who said it, however as combat arms is free download and play, darkspace has always been a pay to play game. having the option for people to buy an edge as oposed to farm for it shouldnt be that big a change imho.

anyways, what do you guys think? having a starport actually be usefull would be sweet.

OH, another thing i thought of, enhancements should only be able to be stuck on your ship when your in orbit of a planet that has a factory. (make it usefull again too eh?)

edit: speeling

[ This Message was edited by: Meko on 2009-02-18 03:14 ]

Email Meko
LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2009-02-18 03:20   
Not so great

Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-18 03:38   
If its about buying Enhancments, i think it should be this way:

Take back the old Game Credits and ppl can buy with these credits Enhancment from planets with etc. Factorys.
And then how to earn credits.
- - -
Mining: Amount of credits earned from mining should be minimal but "safe".
- - -
Killing in PvP: Calculated from damage done to target, not only the kill, because then there will be Kill stealers and alots of angry ppl.
- - -
Killing AI: Amount of credits earned Minimal but easier than killing in PvP.
- - -
Building: For each building built give a samll amount of Credit.
- - -
And planets: Ive seen that planets got Credits on em, so after caping a planet you could somehow get your hand on these credits.
- - -
And not to make it to simpel to get all the good stuff make em really expensive so that ppl would not just gain all these for em self in a day.

This is just simply an ide that would be more fair. Cause not everyone is rdy to pay real money for enhancments and some cant mabye afford it.

[ This Message was edited by: Daedalus Bum on 2009-02-18 03:43 ]

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-02-18 03:48   
Great idea, i think doing different thing to buy my enhancement would work for me, i just cant sit and do the same thing for longer then well, 30 minutes or so:p
Also, rather then having rare enhancements dropped from Elites, i think (Battle) Station class ships should drop them. These are the highest and toughest to kill, and therefor should be dropping them. It would make stations a rather wanted target, wich should help preventing people jumping in stations all the time.
[ This Message was edited by: Sixkiller on 2009-02-18 03:49 ]

DarkCloudd
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-18 08:34   
If we are going to add credits to the game, I dont want to pay real money for them. I'm already paying to play the game and if Palestar needs more money then they need to up the rates not charge for certain enhancements, I play this for fun not for a waste of money.

To simplify matters, my idea of ingame credits is as goes, for ever 10 or 100 points in any of the NCCs that result in prestige gain, (not loss) then you are get 1 credit. Then add a neutral space station in Sag or where ever, and have it be the market place where you can buy enhancements for "X" number of credits. That way we are all on the same page and no one has an unfair advantage. Yea sure some poeple play more than others but the way you earn them is still the same it just might take some people a little longer to get. The lower ranked enhancements, like the minor anythings are worth the least and the advanced or enhanced ones are worth the most. Plus you could sell enhancements you have in your inventory for credits.

What I mean by a neutral space station is one that it is in its own star system and as soon as you come through the gate all of your weapons are disabled so no one can camp in there and and kill players.

Just my thoughts on the matter simpler is usually better in these regards and easier to implement.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-18 09:29   
The game already tracks which fleet has captured a planet, if credits were added back into the game I think it would be interesting if these planets would pay a tax based on the planets income to the fleets that control them and the credits would be dispersed among the fleet members.

Shouldn't be the only way to make credits but it would give people a reason to capture and maintain as many planets as they can.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-18 09:50   
i think the real money thingy was a joke..duh!

Anyways this is a good idea as now the fleet can actuly be used to something..like if u got a fleet storage of enchantments or some sort of fleets providing credits/points for enchantments.

I also would suggest having ranking/badge requirement on some enchantments.

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-18 10:06   
Quote:

I also would suggest having ranking/badge requirement on some enchantments.

NOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo......................................

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-18 12:24   
Well if you want enhancements droped by players, do it in this way.

Killed ship size + Pilot rank = How rare enhancements would be....

Also i am sure , i dont need to mention self destrcution option in deep space to drop AUTO enhancements, right?

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-18 12:41   
Quote:

On 2009-02-17 15:19, Faustus wrote:
I agree... most MMO's have this concept of providing for people who play ALOT and also providing for people who have a limited about of time to play and would rather spend their money for items...

So if we added a way for you to buy enhancements using REAL money you would be interested then?

Though I have to agree it isn't a bad idea, I have to say I would leave... This would mean everyone, but the people like me who don't even have the $10/month to keep up a sub, would have full garages of super enhanced ships... To be honest, I think you should make more spawnpoints for [Elite] AI but, have them be a random places in the whole MV, and in a random rotation (only one spawns at a time, and if it isnt killed in a certain amount of time then it moves to the next spawnpoint) also, make them less agressive more likely to run away then to continue attack.. There is one more problem, don't make them scouts, even in rogens the elite should at least be the cruiser, the scouts are a joke that give away free stuff to anyone that can alpha them a couple times...

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-18 12:55   
Quote:

On 2009-02-17 15:24, Drafell wrote:
Providing the enhancements were purely cosmetic, and had no real impact on the game play itself, then sure.

Things like different coloured ship lighting, ship trails, or other effects such as decals. People will pay good money just to customize an avatar to their own style.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2009-02-18 12:51 ]

Ppl. disagree and agree, hard to tell what would be the real effect but i have to quote this.

GIve enhancement that will not affect the Game Play but give us somthing different, like colored ship, lol, different design (like AI elites ship) with same weapon/armor as the one you could get from SY.

I think everyone will agree to this.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2009-02-18 13:02   
I want to keep the game free of credits, otherwise we open ourselves up to 'gold' farming, etc.

In my earlier post I said we should restrict the purchasable enhancements to only those which are cosmetic, although on consideration we do have a few more options available.

We can give users the option to be able to buy items up to a certain tier, but anything else beyond that would have to be gained from actual game play itself.

Any 'purchased' enhancements that are non-cosmetic should be also available via a reasonable amount of normal game play, with a typical session lasting from between 30 minutes to 2 hours. So although a player can pay X dollars to purchase a full set of medium enhancements, a player could also invest 30 minutes or so, and stand a reasonable chance of gaining the same items via normal play.

I am particularly referring to enhancement options such as weapon ammunition packs, or other types of gadget reload.

There are also many other possibilities that are available if we choose to implement micro payments into DS.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2009-02-18 13:03 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-18 13:03   
Quote:

On 2009-02-18 13:02, Drafell wrote:
There are also many other possibilities that are available if we choose to implement micro payments into DS.

5 dollars to mute a player in the lobby
10 dollars to kick a player for an hour
20 dollars to ban a player for a day

gogogo

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-18 13:11   
I still want my ship different and Colored differently (REEEDDDD) and also have an option to rename it, Actually renaming a ship.... when you click it will not be Scale, It will not be a Clavate, AC, CD, Station or whatever.. but a name that has come out of your hollowed mind. LOL

I like my ship name to be "Kill all Green Shirt"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034558 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR