No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Great idea? Or not so Great?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Great idea? Or not so Great?
Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-17 16:33   
Go for it. It's not like alot of players going to buy it a few will still help the game out in the logn run. BTW i'd like a special super echancement on the first order.
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-17 16:48   
It makes sense to me, the only problem is still for those of us who don't have time or money. One reason I play this game and not another is its cheaper. Thats not the only reason tho I like the game but I cannot afford to pay 15 a month for any other game if I wanted to.

What I think you should do is have it so that you can get bigger enhancements from players and not AI farming and have the super rare ones come from purchasing them. Ya that means whoever has the most money wins but look at our world that kinda how it goes, might as well embrace it.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-17 17:08   
rofl @ F's post.

well i play a game called combat arms and they have 2 types of currency.

#1, GP (Game points) earned by playing. these are used to buy standard weapons gear for a limited ammount of time.

#2, NX (Nexon Cash) earned by paying real life money. These are used to buy elite gear, custom weapons, and a buncha other really cool crap like coloured names, fleet emblems, coloured fleet names and hilarious facemasks.

So faust, if you introduced a nx system of sorts where i could pay a little bit of RL money to be able to step in line with the lads that have all the time in the world to play, that would be outstanding =).

Email Meko
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-17 18:00   
Quote:

On 2009-02-17 17:08, Meko wrote:
rofl @ F's post.

#1, GP (Game points) earned by playing. these are used to buy standard weapons gear for a limited ammount of time.

#2, NX (Nexon Cash) earned by paying real life money. These are used to buy elite gear, custom weapons, and a buncha other really cool crap like coloured names, fleet emblems, coloured fleet names and hilarious facemasks.

So faust, if you introduced a nx system of sorts where i could pay a little bit of RL money to be able to step in line with the lads that have all the time in the world to play, that would be outstanding =).

I like it.

real money and game points.

Game points can depends of suscribtion.

like 1 month suscribtion 100 points. 3 months 300 and so..

enhancements can cost between 500-2000 depends on how rare are they. So u can realy do something for loyal costumers.

or with real money. Altought it must be cheaper than game points system to avoid realy high prices. 100 points for 5 bucks ,200 points for 10 bucks and so.

Also if this get implemented in system you must fix enhancements in a way that they can be mount and unmount by desire of player without losing it . If not , you will get those "negative post very much".

if i were you faustus, i would do that without losing time...

my 2 cents.
peace!

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-17 18:13   
Quote:

On 2009-02-17 16:24, Fattierob wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-02-17 15:42, Faustus wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-02-17 15:23, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Nonononono. People who have lots of money should not be better than those without.

Commie!

Post of the century.

Seconded.

Also, being able to 'mod on' enhancements (with credits) would not be such a bad idea.

-Ent

Redemption (Angel of Light)
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-02-17 18:16   
also the ones you buy should be reusable so its not a waste of money

Email Redemption (Angel of Light)   Goto the website of Redemption (Angel of Light)
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-17 18:28   
While I have no problem with the idea of a warrock pay scheme, it seems a little excessive for this game.
The problem is that people don't wanna farm AI for enhancements instead of playing PVP. It makes NO SENSE for the best enhancements to come from AI. If they came from PvP kills, then 2 birds with one stone, and logic has returned. People will WANT to PvP, the main reason they PLAY this game. AI becomes a support prop, as it should be. Enhancements are gained while people actually PLAY THE GAME AS INTENDED, as it should be.

My cents worth

Az

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-02-17 18:57   
ok ive only seen some of the posts now ive got some sort of idea for where this is going now the enhancements is a nice idea but consider this for a moment when they first came out everyone was farming ai for these things now im not saying stop ai giving out enhancements but regulate wat they giv out I.E have them drop like the first one or two levels of enhancements and players with the highest rare ones (im not finished)

now wat im thinking now is add currency bk in. (Not REAL cash from real life as the rich ppl will pay for them yea but then the poor players will hav a hard time now lets put it this way lets say theroetically i was one of the hard core vetrans/legend player that was never bested in combat and i couldnt buy mods to keep my ship with the best mods around then u get a player that has same type of ship but hasnt the skill but has a shed load of cash to spend on mods he would eventually beat my ship due to the fact i cant buy the super rare mods that he had) ...... now if u add the creds back in BUT reset them so u only start out with 1000 creds and can hav a max of 5 mill or less for buying mods (now this is where it gets tricky) but we wont be selling items or that ohh no ...

now for the creds to work we need the missions to be bought back in game with set mission completion rewards (wats that about farming the missions to get the mods u say well hold on im gettin to that) and hav a set amount of missions u can do within a day

ok im getting tired see if u like the ideas good night

Dune Warz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-17 19:26   
this is getting out of topic... I was kind of refering to ingame currency.. Like you know, making money by building or killing ai. Not using real money to buy enhancement. Though that wouldn't be a bad idea.

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-02-17 20:59   
Quote:

On 2009-02-17 18:28, Azreal wrote:
While I have no problem with the idea of a warrock pay scheme, it seems a little excessive for this game.
The problem is that people don't wanna farm AI for enhancements instead of playing PVP. It makes NO SENSE for the best enhancements to come from AI. If they came from PvP kills, then 2 birds with one stone, and logic has returned. People will WANT to PvP, the main reason they PLAY this game. AI becomes a support prop, as it should be. Enhancements are gained while people actually PLAY THE GAME AS INTENDED, as it should be.

My cents worth

Az

Yup, what Az said - Enhancement should not be coming from a side server - all focus on the player server pls - bringing credits and economy back into it just seems to be overcomplicating a simple fix.

Just another bug to exploit - good post Moua

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-17 22:01   
Quote:

On 2009-02-17 18:28, Azreal wrote:

My cents worth

Az

I've already sent this to support@palestar.com. Must be close to 2 weeks ago now. Haven't even gotten an indication that it was received, let alone read or considered.

This is a very important suggestion! I'm very happy I'm not the only one who sees this.

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-17 23:05   
Quote:

On 2009-02-17 15:19, Faustus wrote:
I agree... most MMO's have this concept of providing for people who play ALOT and also providing for people who have a limited about of time to play and would rather spend their money for items...

So if we added a way for you to buy enhancements using REAL money you would be interested then?

No problem with this,

Now for those who don't want to purchase i suggest that an increase drop rate would be implemented to give other guys a chance to get a hand of this rare enhancement.

Instead of hunting AI elites, you will now hunt players who drop enhancement when you kill them... don't worry if they have a money to purchase this enhancement then they have lots of this and can afford to replace it.

It will also make the game interesting as you try to hit a guy with an enhancement that you need.

Added note: Enhacement offered by real money should also be available thru AI Hunting, aka. Elite MI Dread or rare one's on Gaifen & Energy Entity.

And message to all other people, this game was created as a business, it needs Real Money to survive this cruel world. But of course items should be affordable to players too.

Question:

Would you buy for $1 Enhance Multiplex Weapon +6 1pc.? Me. Yes.

[ This Message was edited by: mbllanes - Dark Vader on 2009-02-17 23:20 ]

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-18 00:05   
Quote:

On 2009-02-17 17:08, Meko wrote:
rofl @ F's post.

The difference is Combat Arms is free to download and free to play. I don't want to pay to play the game and then have to pay extra to be competitive in it. I know I would stop playing if DS turned into one of "those" games.

I see nothing wrong with bringing back in game currency tho.
[ This Message was edited by: Sops on 2009-02-18 00:21 ]

Stealth7
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2009-02-18 00:43   
make the game totaly free to play..which will draw alot larger player base for those of us that want/willing to buy uppgrades with real money..you can iether play for free with basic equipment..or spend 10-30$ amonth on enhancements that doesnt hurt the players that cant aford it..like 50%less prest loss or +10/20/50% prestiege earned or +25% chance of getting a rare enhancement dropp. all kinds of ways to do it and and keep it ballanced.

Stealth7
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2009-02-18 00:52   
Quote:

On 2009-02-18 00:43, Stealth77 wrote:
make the game totaly free to play..which will draw alot larger player base for those of us that want/willing to buy uppgrades with real money..you can iether play for free with basic equipment..or spend 10-30$ amonth on enhancements that doesnt hurt the players that cant aford it..like 50%less prest loss or +10/20/50% prestiege earned or +25% chance of getting a rare enhancement dropp. all kinds of ways to do it and and keep it ballanced.

or make the free players suffer and us payers able to buy powerfull items/enhancements..that was my 1st post geesh

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026641 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR