Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » How to... play as K'Luth
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author How to... play as K'Luth
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2009-02-06 15:02   
Faction Concept
K'Luth are stealthy buggers. Just when you are least expecting it a pack of them uncloaks on your six and renders your shiny new ship into an artistic heap of slag...

At least that is what could happen if anyone knew how to pilot the K'Luth ships properly.

Each faction has it's various strengths and weaknesses. K'Luth are no different in this respect, with the exception that they tend to be a little more extreme.

The K'Luth specialize in guerrilla warfare and ambushing their targets. In a straight out one versus one slugging match a K'Luth ship will rarely, if ever, win. Their ships are simply not designed to be able to cope with this type of play style. Instead they rely on stealth, cunning, and working in groups to take down a series of targets, much like a wolf pack will work together to isolate and kill individual prey.

This enables a small force of K'Luth ships to take on a much larger fleet of enemies, and win...

To be continued...
[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2009-02-06 15:50 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
buzzcoxss (Artisen Anitomical)
Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-02-06 21:03   
um i do that but i do it alone.

buzz vs ugto fleet vs icc fleet = buzz win

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-06 21:24   
how to play as k'luth

1) cloak

2) find enemy ship

3) get on the rear of that enemy ship

4) decloak

5) mash spacebar until something is dead - you, the enemy ship, or your energy

6) emergency jump

7) repeat

deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-06 23:53   
and listen to utgo compliain that u didty stay so they chould kill u or for cloeking hahaha

Email deathblave
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-07 00:23   
There's quite a few Kluth that know how to pilot a Kluth ship. There's a few others who need practice.

You have to be sneaky, patient, opportunitistic and know when to disengage because if you time it just a bit too late you could be dead. If the odds are not in your favor, don't jump in and start hitting the spacebar or you'll get fried. You have to be able to sit there and watch what's going on, see who's moving where, who's facing in what direction, what other Kluth are nearby and what direction you can all strike from.

They're a lot of fun to play, but if you aren't patient or aren't willing to get in just one or two alpha strikes before disengaging they aren't for you. Very rarely will you be able to fight 1v1, and Kluth cannot sustain much damage, so if you see what looks like a lone dread out there, rest assured either another player or an AI ally of his will be jumping to help him when you uncloak and fire! Never assume that won't happen.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-02-07 15:42   
fattie has it right until the mash spacebar bit

gotta time a run coming in on your target so you get an alpha strike off as you pass them, preferably from the side if its a foreward firing ship, otherwise gotta adjust your flightpath coming up their rear, in either case cloaking again right after your attack and making a wide loop around to come at em again. doing this with 3 ships on 1 simultaenously is murder.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-07 19:44   
Yes it is. We popped 3 ICC stations in a row today using actual tactics Just takes a little coordination, and not everyone is always on the same page when it comes to that. But when they are...it's mayhem.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-07 20:44   
Quote:

On 2009-02-07 19:44, MrSparkle wrote:
Yes it is. We popped 3 ICC stations in a row today using actual tactics Just takes a little coordination, and not everyone is always on the same page when it comes to that. But when they are...it's mayhem.

post is obviously photoshooped, everyone knows nobody flys on icc anymore or uses tactics or coordination

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-02-07 21:28   
But if someone did play as target practi... ICC i am sure they could pop 3 stations with little problem.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-07 21:58   
Quote:

On 2009-02-07 20:44, Mersenne Twister wrote:
post is obviously photoshooped, everyone knows nobody flys on icc anymore or uses tactics or coordination

Once in a while this game defies reality...in a good way.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2009-02-07 21:59 ]

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-02-07 23:10   
So that's how you fly the lobster ships.

Well, clearly, I've been doing something wrong all of this time.

Goto the website of Grimith
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-08 07:38   
Quote:

On 2009-02-06 15:02, Drafell wrote:
Faction Concept

Instead they rely on stealth, cunning, and working in groups to take down a series of targets, much like a wolf pack will work together to isolate and kill individual prey.

If you don't grasp the wolfpack, no point in trying kluth. Not much to add after that.
except maybe this;
For the record, there are plenty of Kluth that understand that principal. That is not to say that the wolfpack is easy to pull off tho. The advantage is really only realized to its full potential if you have a good group of squadmates, and a comm system. Its too hard to run an efficient wolfpack without a good comm system.

Az
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-02-08 07:44 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-02-08 19:01   
In some cases if you trust the pilots you're working with and everyone knows their role you can get by without it.

TB did it quite well with just the regular chat. One person would call out a target, and everyone would fall in on that target until dead. Sometimes a series of targets were called, and everyone fell into line doing that, and the targets ended up dead. Everyone knew how to fly, when to cloak & when not to cloak, knew how to fly and avoid friendly fire, and in the inevitable instances that someone did cross the firing line everyone knew to hold fire until they cleared - and we trusted eachother to do that as fast as possible.

Patience, practice, and skill are the K'Luth fleet's best friend.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-09 14:35   
The Brotherhood and B.U.M.S are the best kluth clans if you go kluth join them and learn how ( not sure if they still alive)
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Sir Diablos {C?}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-10 20:01   
Kluth takes practice for first timers, especially when it comes to energy management, remember disruptors usually suck cause were unbalanced so try popin in and outa stealth to get the hang of the ping times on it cause its mostly peeps that have been playing for a while and can guess where your guna be for the short time your still visible. stellar incinerators and assault disruptors are your your friend, everything else is pretty much a waste of energy/damage ratio

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018229 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR