No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [SUGGESTION] "Strike"-type ships
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author [SUGGESTION] "Strike"-type ships
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-13 01:28   
Quote:

On 2009-02-10 03:16, Enterprise wrote:
I just find it continually hillarious that 80% of the game's ships become useless shortly after being 1/8th "through" the game prestige wise.

If you think in any way the Vice Admiral ships are 'sub-par' compared to higher ranked dreadnoughts, you'd be wrong. It's probably the only place in Darkspace now where more rank = more choices and not more power.

Instead, its more of a choice between which version of OP you want to use.

It's like getting to level 30 in WoW and then being on par with level 80's and everyone below this level range is completely and unavoidably screwed. I wonder what the new players think of this.

Oh wait. I forgot, most of them left.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise on 2009-02-10 03:20 ]

Why don't you potter off and go and play some other game then? You obviously are just on this thread to cause an arguement and try to bring your self-centered, idiotic and retarded comments onto other people. Go stalk the main forums, because I do not see you doing sod-all except bitching about the game.

Nobody likes dreadspace, and the devs don't either. If you have not got anything remotely constructive to say, then GTFO.

/derail over.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-14 15:09   
ent has way more years of experience than you do delta, he has valid points

Email Sens [R33]
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-14 17:02   
Quote:

On 2009-02-12 18:37, Sensitivity wrote:
the point of a strike ship is to be agile and do damage, cruisers arent fast or manevurable enough(especially UGTO), strike-destroyers would be intended to damage dreads at a level slightly lower than a cruiser would.

Then why fly a cruiser? Does slightly below the damage of one, costs a lot less if you die, and is easier to survive in due to being more agile...

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-15 00:49   
Quote:

On 2009-02-14 17:02, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-02-12 18:37, Sensitivity wrote:
the point of a strike ship is to be agile and do damage, cruisers arent fast or manevurable enough(especially UGTO), strike-destroyers would be intended to damage dreads at a level slightly lower than a cruiser would.

Then why fly a cruiser? Does slightly below the damage of one, costs a lot less if you die, and is easier to survive in due to being more agile...

1. More prestige cost on a Dreadnought stopped making it a disadvantage when it started being able to kill anything.

2. Slightly less damage deal by a cruiser stopped making a sense when a Dreadnought kills a cruiser much faster than another cruiser could (and with more survivability).

3. Agility stopped being a factor when point jumping was discovered. Winning against a point jump vs. a Dread in a cruiser by jumping away from a point jump kind of isn't really a win. Retreating is not attacking in the opposite direction.

There is no point to flying cruisers except the fact they are slightly less destructable compared to destroyers on the rise to Vice Admiral.

If there were, you wouldn't log in and see 3/4ths of a faction in Dreadnoughts or higher. People don't just think Dreadnoughts are better. they are better, and they prove it repeatedly. Trying to insist cruisers have a role to play other than being filler on the way to dreadnoughts is like saying level 40 in WoW is just as good as level 60 because well, they make great distractions in PvP.

Oh wait, don't they serperate PvP in WoW based on your level? Gee, I wonder why they did that. It must have been because, they knew if they made one level inherently better than another, the only way it would be fair is if they had them only fight with their own level, relatively.

I guess they weren't complete idiots.

-Ent

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-15 09:48   
While I cant say cruisers are entirely useless in that you can still handily take down one dread with two decently piloted cruisers, but a "strike" class ship allows lower ranked players to have a larger role in fleet engagements. Furthermore, although destroyers are faster, torps are short-range weapons which leaves them vurnerable when attacking. That being said, cruisers are able to dodge torpedoes better than dreads while still being a decent weapons platform. Strike class ships would encourage players to balance out their fleets with destroyers and cruisers to counter strike-ships.

Email Sens [R33]
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-02-15 19:23   
Quote:

1. More prestige cost on a Dreadnought stopped making it a disadvantage when it started being able to kill anything.

2. Slightly less damage deal by a cruiser stopped making a sense when a Dreadnought kills a cruiser much faster than another cruiser could (and with more survivability).

3. Agility stopped being a factor when point jumping was discovered. Winning against a point jump vs. a Dread in a cruiser by jumping away from a point jump kind of isn't really a win. Retreating is not attacking in the opposite direction.

There is no point to flying cruisers except the fact they are slightly less destructable compared to destroyers on the rise to Vice Admiral.

If there were, you wouldn't log in and see 3/4ths of a faction in Dreadnoughts or higher. People don't just think Dreadnoughts are better. they are better, and they prove it repeatedly. Trying to insist cruisers have a role to play other than being filler on the way to dreadnoughts is like saying level 40 in WoW is just as good as level 60 because well, they make great distractions in PvP.

Oh wait, don't they serperate PvP in WoW based on your level? Gee, I wonder why they did that. It must have been because, they knew if they made one level inherently better than another, the only way it would be fair is if they had them only fight with their own level, relatively.

I guess they weren't complete idiots.

-Ent

+2 QFT.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-16 15:13   
Idea is good for strategy game. You can make a strike type of ships for each rank above 2.rear admiral , and and each ship can have different value of damage cability. When I say damage i dont refer to weapon or alpha power.I mean how stronge self destruction can be made in each of them.

For example , in case of kluth , we have to take out every sensor platforms and supply platforms from defended planet to have a chances to lure the enemy. In this cases, someone with a good prestige can SD a strike dreadnought on enemy platforms.

If this going o be real somehow, then strike dreadnoughts must cost twice as a station in resources and as prestige to avoid any kind of abuse.

Anyway i have no idea how bad it must hurt enemy stations and dreadnought.This need to be calculated by dev.

Peace

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-03-02 21:11   
I for one LIKE THIS IDEA, Reamber back in WWII where there was torpedo boat small and fast ships that would nearly have to go on a suicidal run to torp a much bigger battleship or cruiser? THIS IS what he is trying to say here.

I like the idea of a ship that lower rank people can fly that can WITHIN reason do MAJOR amounts of damage to a dreadnaught to force it to go wtf, or to retreat WHEN USED IN NUMBERS OF FOUR OR MORE. And alone it can casue a decent amount of damage but due to it being alone the dreads beam weapons and other will kill it much much faster than it can harm it.

So in a nutshell A dessie that can damage a dread alone, but in a wolfpack and take one down. I think this is not so hard to do at all.

OR IF such a ship is made make it so only Vice Admiral and above can use it.

Anyways my $0.02
Linna

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-03 18:50   
Quote:

On 2009-03-02 21:11, Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral} wrote:
I for one LIKE THIS IDEA, Reamber back in WWII where there was torpedo boat small and fast ships that would nearly have to go on a suicidal run to torp a much bigger battleship or cruiser? THIS IS what he is trying to say here.

I like the idea of a ship that lower rank people can fly that can WITHIN reason do MAJOR amounts of damage to a dreadnaught to force it to go wtf, or to retreat WHEN USED IN NUMBERS OF FOUR OR MORE. And alone it can casue a decent amount of damage but due to it being alone the dreads beam weapons and other will kill it much much faster than it can harm it.

So in a nutshell A dessie that can damage a dread alone, but in a wolfpack and take one down. I think this is not so hard to do at all.

OR IF such a ship is made make it so only Vice Admiral and above can use it.

Anyways my $0.02
Linna

sounds reasonable,, with exact change too!

Email Sens [R33]
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-03-04 08:20   
hmm Lina, you just sparked a idea in me..

Kamikaze corvettes.......

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-04 19:17   
dont work too well, ship has delay before explosion during which it flies forward

Email Sens [R33]
mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-13 07:34   
Current small Ship layout do damage dreads if use by multiple people so no need to modify it to make it a Dread Killer on its own.

And I for one dont want to see small ships wrecking havoc on larger ships because some ppl. want them to be.

Your ships depends on your ranks, higher level means spending more time in the game and has lots of ships options (rewards).

Lower level has no option but to use lower level ships, If you want to damage dreads, go play some more and have a dread yourself.

Simply if you think you want to kill people in dreads with your small ships, this people will in turn use smaller ships, and everyone uses smaller ships, then no nid to play and level on this game .... cause smaller ships will just do fine.

and oh ... pls. put 10 AME torpodeo on a scout so non-sub can kill a sub dread player.

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-03-13 20:44   
I guess it comes down to the player skill.

In a scout, I was able to take down a AD 20% sheilds.
It took a min or two. but I was doing more damage then what he was able to do to me. Just the "art of flying"

Dessys can pwn in numbers. cause

A) They fast.
B) They can dodge.
C) Have a smaller "FF" base. so you can fit more dessys in a space then dreads.
D) they have faster jump drives.
E) Have a dictor in with the dessys, an they would really hurt dreads.

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-17 04:17   
I think, aside from the wonderful sarcasm that is know only as "Ent", Hellza my man, your post is the fist reasonable one that was posted...skill people, skill. We already kinda have a type of "Strike-Ship". They're called "Assault ships". Assault Crusiers, Scales and Torpedoe Crusiers do major amounts of damage...or at least they do if you have a valid drivers license...or a brain, either will do really...

I like the idea, but we really don't have the player base for that...

H&S

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.033200 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR