No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » New to the game .. questions
 Author New to the game .. questions
Snaloe
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-26 01:21   
Hello im a big space fan ive played EvE online and left due to the fact i really did not like the setup...

Is this game a full PVP based game where any1 can destroy any1 else any time like in eve online or can ppl play and do solo missions and fight npc's if the so wish?

Dont get me wrong i play mmo's to be with other people but i prefer team combat rather than player vrs player combat.

So just how dose this game work ?

Cheers for any help and advice you give.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-26 01:42   
Someone who's played EvE could answer you better than me since I never did, but I can say that yes this is full pvp, with ai to fight in between. Yes you can kill or be killed at any time, but it's no big deal if you are killed. You lose some prestige but nothing major, and you don't lose your ship (anymore; you used to lose it but you could just grab another). It's also no big deal to kill; it's the damage you do that counts so if your enemy jumps away from you, no big deal.

Battles can get quite hectic and the tides often turn, where what seemed like the winning side suddenly finds itself overwhelmed. Strength in numbers can be beaten with patience and a little planning. You'll see what I mean when you play. Planets are the biggest strategic element and the overall focus of the game.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-26 08:04   
this game is very much not like EvE

there is no empire or concord in this game. its full out PvP. however at the times that there are no players around there are NPC's to shoot and whatnot.

there are not scramblers or tackling gear in this game, so even if you do get in a scrap you can warp out. however, its not a warp by align speed in DS. your warp drive (jump drive) has a cooldown period, so if someone tracks you then your have to evade untill you can jump out again.

this is a manual fly 2-plane game, not a click fly 3d game like eve. so you use the 'q' and 'w' keys to slow down and speed up respectively and the 'asd' keys for left rudder/center rudder/right rudder.

your ship flys on one plane, so thats left and right/foreward back motion only. also another HUGE difference between this game and EvE is chance-hit.

in eve your weapons have a randomized chance to hit, IE Wreckings to miss. in darkspace if your weapons hit, they hit. but you can evade when the projectiles are incomming to your ship, which adds major realism.

the player base of darkspace is far far smaller, however we have no goonswarm

hope that helps

Email Meko
Page created in 0.007060 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR