No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » {Suggestion} Advanced Supply Crusier
 Author {Suggestion} Advanced Supply Crusier
Lord Raiden *Super Sup*
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-01-20 16:50   
UGTO

Advanced Supply Crusier
Length:- 764m
Beam(width):- 247-361m
Draft(depth):- 210m
Crew:- 212
Cargo:- 4 Standard Units
Poly Count:- Approx. 2503.

TYPE AMMOUNT GADGET

Drive 2 Standard IE Drive
Primary Weapon 4 Particle Cannon
Light Beam 4 Standard CL
Medium Beam 0 None
Heavy Beam 0 None
Core Weapon 0 None
Light Launcher 3 Proton Torpedo
Light Rack 2 AR Missile
Heavy Launcher (Mine) 0 None
Heavy Rack (Siege) 0 None
Armor* 5 or 6 Ablative Armor
Shield 0 None
Electronic Warfare 2 ECM
Special Beam 0 None (Change Tractor Beam for 2nd ECM)
Beacon 0 None
Reactor 1 or 2 AUX Gen
Drone 3 Reload
Faction Special 0 None
Jump Drive 1 Tachyon Drive
JD2 0 None
Bomb 0 None
Jump Disruptor 0 None
Fighter 0 None
Cloak 0 None
(Incase that doesn't look right image is here)

Background..

Throughout my years playing DS, it came to me that watching my Heavy Sup getting Killed and being battured left right and centre i thought about it and theres no real Sup ship that can handle being in the battlefield.. trust me i know i try alot..
so i looked around the ship lists and started making Ideas about The ASC.. (Advanced Supply Crusier)
The ship itself isn't designed for combat but due to the advanced armor (5 or 6 Armors) it would handle being in combat zone and also equipped with 2 ECM's it protects itself from being locked on during battle, however using the 2 ECM's and the Point blank defense will drain the energy so removing attack weapons
would enable to equip the 3 repair drones the ship is designed not for fighting but for supplying only but has the bark and bite to take on anything small enough that tries to attack it while it's supplying ships..

Quote:

JBud:
Collision detection is funny huh? amazing how it can detect a tiny pcannon projectile hitting you, but a whole planet? nothing is there!

Email Lord Raiden *Super Sup*
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-01-20 20:26   
This idea looks good, but would need one for ICC & K'luth too. And i would have to say that the 3 relaods on it is a no, because that if that where to happen, then the SS=Supply Station would become null fact. So keep the idea of a heavly armored supplier, but keep it within the realms of possibility. Still great idea and i hope it gets attention.

Lord Raiden *Super Sup*
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-01-20 20:39   
the reason i don't think the SS would be effected was because it would be for the 1st Rear or 2nd Rear Rank also how many players who you know sit still long enough to resupply someone while in a battlefield i haven't seen all that many in either UGTO or ICC

Quote:

JBud:
Collision detection is funny huh? amazing how it can detect a tiny pcannon projectile hitting you, but a whole planet? nothing is there!

Email Lord Raiden *Super Sup*
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-01-20 20:55   
I am not worried about the lower ranks, i am woried about the higher ranks. If you want to have something that heavy duty(3 relaods) on a ship at one time, then you are going to haft to drap in something heavy. And really, its hard to find a battle these days wthout stations in them. So like said before, keep the cruser with the armor & HP, but the 3 relaods would haft to be cut down to 2, just to give the SS some use.

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-21 19:46   
More supplies seems a little wasted to me.

Maybe a more defined role? - Supplies only a certain type of weapon, or Jump fuel, etc - Or can provide a 20 point power increase as a device, but that takes double from the ship itself etc.

Darkspace needs to become broader, Instead of "Supply Cruiser" need to think more on the realism side, whats it supplying, why does the cruiser have this ability, why would a Cruiser, primarily a ship designed to cruise along laying down fire have supply ability etc.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-01-22 04:26   
We could make the heavy supply ship a HEAVY supply ship. Right now its still dread popping-food. The name would suggest it is a strong ship capable of taking hits, but it isn't.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-22 17:03   
few things:
SS has higher level reloads unless I'm mistaken.
All cruisers have 3 engine mounts.
You cant switch ECM for aux gens anymore( i think).
3 reloads is iffy, if anything remove the p torps for 2 p cannons and a cl, the point is to resupply, not to tank and kill.
The main role is support, and on that note there should only be one aux gen and probally another ecm.
Tractor beam really doesnt affect combat all that much, so stick one even two for plat towing.(Im assuming you still cant tractor ships any more).
Lastly, I would suggest 6 armor arcs with the extra two placed on the right and left arcs so the ship is more restrainedto support.

Email Sens [R33]
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-01-22 22:14   
In my view this is a bad idea, but hold on a moment....

If you absolutely want a Supply cruiser, (when WOII submarine history, Milk Cows) it makes sense. However about the suggested loadouts you might better just think a little.

What cruiser do we already have that is made for support....... No no the missile cruiser variant......... .. .. seriously there is one.......................................
Ok i'll tell you, its the Interdictor.
You can use that vessel as a modifier, Just remove the Interdictor generator, add some extra side armor, and add some (max 2) faction specific weaponry and finaly TWO repair drones. No not three because that would really be to much.

O and before you guys are actually hoping about a supply cruiser i hope you don't forget about the newly added Support/Supply frigate for the midshipman's. Those frigates are just lovely to fly, resupply and dodge weapons fire. (just stay away from dreads) there perfect to quickly resupply a friendly ship with weapons or just that little armor and system repair.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-23 19:25   
Why insted of a SUPPLY cruiser have a SUPPORT crusier, cant think of layouts, but support and supply dosent mean that ship HAS to have reloads, maby a certaon wepon that can lay down strong fire from a distance; not like the MC but somthing similar to a core weapon but not as strong, if you get my drift.

If you compare this to reall life you have infantry(Dessies), Heavy inf(dreads), back-up & support(stations), and then theres sharp shooters & long distance(crusiers). If this helps.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-27 14:52   
Er, I'm not sure where you've been "Over the years", but the Heavy Supply has been one of the hardest ships to kill in Darkspace for a looooooong time.

No supply ship should be above frigate size, since their specialized ships ment for aid and not combat. They should remain the same size.

Although, I do agree that more ship rolls should be added to cruisers.

Email Supertrooper
Page created in 0.035792 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR