No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » As Requested...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author As Requested...
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-01-07 00:39   
darkspace ogrinally was

PVP
not PVE.

since AI are alot stupider then humans.. (almost all humans)
we shouldnt get the same points to when we fight agaisnt humans.

cause every noob an their dog would rather get easy kills an rank up faster then to fight a real fight. they dont want to do the hardyaka.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-07 00:50   
Quote:

On 2009-01-07 00:38, Fattierob (x2 Black Keys) wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-01-06 23:33, Chubba wrote:

THEY ARE THE EMEMEY YOU SHOOT THEM, YOU KILL THEM, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO THE SAME AMOUNT TO PRES AS YOU WOULD KILLING A HUMAN PLAYER!

in my personal opinion, you don't. Prestige is something you gain for the amount of effort you put into it, and the relative strength of the enemy.

you don't put much effort killing AI. and they're not a real threat (except in overpowering numbers).

so why should you get the same prestige compared to a person that spent more time and more effort killing a human player?

Prestige (noun) - reputation or influence arising from success, achievement, rank, or other favorable attributes.

STOP YOUR MAKING SENSE

-Ent

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-07 00:59   
Well easy press is what 1.5 is know for..even if ppl farm the ai`s they would get easy press otherplaces.

Anyways i agree with that you should get less pres from AI`s. I also belive that AI`s should be for newbie server for new ppl to train and learn how to play the game. Then when they are good enough they can come to the other servers.

Ive always said and thougth that AI`s are boring and just there for pres. Seems today evrything that mathers is prestige and not the fun and combat in the game.

Whats even worse is that some goes out from a figth with PvP because there came a new AI`s around..silly.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-01-07 01:07   
Ok, really, i could care less what people think or what they are worth for a kill. but this is what i think, Have i fought both the AI on both their servers, yes, extencivly, i do agree that the pirates are rather easy, but thats me, not an inexperanced noob.

the Mir are however a challange, very quickly you can get your butt handed to you on a silver platter if you dont keep a constant eye on them, they are powerful, they have semi-good tactics, and they have powerful armorments. while fighting the mir i found that if i did not go in with a quordinated fleet we would get overwhelmed and over run before half of us could recharge our jump drives. and no ground could even be thought of being takin without planning for it in the first place.
Do i think the Mir can be improved? Yes, absolutly, but all i am seeing is people crying about how easy or cheap these AI are, but not actually realizing the activity it has brought to this game, or the posibilities it has unlocked for this game.

Is DS a PvP game? yes, but its almost imposible to have a game run completely PvP, even before any of the AI, the players where still getting assisted by scripting, programming, and other things. It is only of recent that people have started complaining about them because they are so regularly seen & interacted with thoughtout the game.

Really what i am saying is that, all in all, out of all the patches and work, i do think this is one of the better pieces of work Pale Star has produced for this game.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-01-07 01:28   
the MI require a coordinated fleet to defend against. go in alone, you die.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-07 02:24   
Quote:

On 2009-01-07 00:39, Hellza - Supreme Dark Master wrote:
darkspace ogrinally was

PVP
not PVE.

since AI are alot stupider then humans.. (almost all humans)
we shouldnt get the same points to when we fight agaisnt humans.

cause every noob an their dog would rather get easy kills an rank up faster then to fight a real fight. they dont want to do the hardyaka.

Yes it was just PVP but look where it has gotten over the years.... 2 months ago how many pple was playing DS n subscribed to it?? not alot.
and MV was BORING not much PVP going on @ all just bomb n cap planets...

I know i will be handing over cash to DS after the "free 2 weeks" is up...
I like the new patch alot, AI has improved the game alot...

BUT thats what i think anyways......

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-07 04:25   
PvP works when there are good enough mechanics to keep it going, to keep it fair and to keep it fun.

Right now, we don't have the first part. There's really nothing to start PvP and nothing to keep it going except if two fleets happen to run across each other, or one decides on a whim to invade somewhere.

The second part is a bit iffy, depending on where you stand with the whole Dreadspace issue.

And the third is a bit iffy, depending on whether or not you have a dreadnought and you're not outnumbered.

AI or PvE also works when you have good enough mechanics. Fortunately, thats alot easier because all AI have to be is weak enough for you to best, common enough that you don't run out of them to kill and the rewards interesting enough to keep you at it.

Thus far, Darkspace has actually succeeded in doing those things.

Which is kind of quirky, that in two weeks Darkspace has had more success with PvE than it has had with PvP since 1.480. Or perhaps its just to the testament of how easy it is to make a PvE game.

-Ent

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-07 05:30   
Id like to point out that even with my original post, i really DO thing that this is the *best* version of darkspace to date, and the devs are doing fantastic work.

and id also like to say:

Quote:
I was doing the same as Tael separately. We reserve the right to enhance the difficulty of fighting the AI.

Yes you do! See you on the battlefield!!!

Oh and Tael. dont hold back man. kill a few players, that'll learn em! Tought love!

Email Meko
befuddled
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-07 06:02   
Quote:

On 2009-01-07 04:25, Enterprise wrote:
PvP works when there are good enough mechanics to keep it going, to keep it fair and to keep it fun.

-snip-

Which is kind of quirky, that in two weeks Darkspace has had more success with PvE than it has had with PvP since 1.480. Or perhaps its just to the testament of how easy it is to make a PvE game.

-Ent

I agree with you, but the key point you make is SINCE 1.480. I still enjoyed the PvP of the scenario games then most. And if I remember correctly, there were usually more players in scenario than MV. Every 2-3 hours it resetted to a blank slate. Balance was maintained by only letting you spawn as part of the most numerically disadvantage faction, there was a sense of urgency to capping strategically important planets (resources, metals for tech) or enemy ones (alien tech for modding). I had a stake in collective bombing, engineering , defending if I wanted to benefit from stronger ships, weapons and allies that would help me survive within a constrained arena. Everyone started off in equivalent ships and so flew everything until dreads became available in the latter half of the game and then rank became advantageous. When over you could feel that you'd won or fought the good fight, but there was a sense of clear concrete objectives and conclusion.

Now, other than my ship and prestige, I don't really feel that I have anything at stake. In fact, even continued access to my ship isn't really at risk as I can respawn it at 5% hull: no loss of expensive pimped out EAD to weep over. As for reasons to defend turf, sure I'll fight for a planet, but there's never a sense of "We must hold this planet or we won't have access to uridium that'll enable mods to magic kluth JDs on our UGTO ships". It's log in, look for some human targets and allies, make a nuissance of myself and see how well I survive against some of the other players, come to the defence of other faction members, enjoy the scrap and log out. Fun, but not the same experience.
[ This Message was edited by: befuddled on 2009-01-07 06:05 ]

little_chaoz(affe force)
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-07 07:23   
Yeah, it used to be u had to defend planets for the resources we needed to make mods/ships, and that was taken out, planets need a value again :/

Isaac Asimov

Email little_chaoz(affe force)
DarkCloudd
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-07 09:37   
If you plan on making the pirate stations in Rogen's Rift stronger please make the stationary or make it so they cant go through the jump gate to a different area in the server. Since the reset yesterday there has been one in the ICC area in Rogen's Rift. Me trying to take one out in my missile destroyer or my assault frigate just isnt going to happen. Making them stationary in the lower ranked server I think would be best in case i want a challenge I can jump to it and try to take it out not have it jump me when I'm fighting 4 other ships. 4 on 1 is hard enough as it is without getting jumped by something that can kill me in one shot.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-01-07 10:26   
Quote:

On 2009-01-07 09:37, DarkCloudd wrote:
If you plan on making the pirate stations in Rogen's Rift stronger please make the stationary or make it so they cant go through the jump gate to a different area in the server. Since the reset yesterday there has been one in the ICC area in Rogen's Rift. Me trying to take one out in my missile destroyer or my assault frigate just isnt going to happen. Making them stationary in the lower ranked server I think would be best in case i want a challenge I can jump to it and try to take it out not have it jump me when I'm fighting 4 other ships. 4 on 1 is hard enough as it is without getting jumped by something that can kill me in one shot.

rogen's rift is actually pirate area, just because ICC took over it all doesnt mean thats how its supposed to be:p try to get some friends to help you! or go fight somewhere away from the station, so it needs multiple jumps to get to you. that should take it long enough.

DarkCloudd
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-07 10:38   
ok well that makes sense that its all a pirate area, but when its parked on the jump gate out of the ICC area how am i suppose to get away from it. Its sitting close enough to the gate that anything that tries to go through the gate gets pounded and doesnt last 2 seconds on the other side of the gate or cant return to friendly space and heal after getting pounded in the pirate area.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-07 12:00   
Quote:

On 2009-01-07 09:37, DarkCloudd wrote:

erm..ure not supposed to take down a pirate station alone..thats like the point of it.....

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-07 13:12   
Quote:

Is DS a PvP game? yes, but its almost imposible to have a game run completely PvP, even before any of the AI, the players where still getting assisted by scripting, programming, and other things. It is only of recent that people have started complaining about them because they are so regularly seen & interacted with thoughtout the game.

Good point .Before we were begging to an admin to spawn a Mir fleet somewhere in metaverse , so we could find each other icc , ugto, and kluth . But know there are soo many AIs around that we dont know where is the really enemy at ..

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018143 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR