Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » As Requested...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author As Requested...
Frozen Armarda
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-07 13:43   
Quote:

On 2009-01-07 02:24, Chubba wrote:

Yes it was just PVP but look where it has gotten over the years.... 2 months ago how many pple was playing DS n subscribed to it?? not alot.
and MV was BORING not much PVP going on @ all just bomb n cap planets...

I know i will be handing over cash to DS after the "free 2 weeks" is up...
I like the new patch alot, AI has improved the game alot...

BUT thats what i think anyways......

I agree with this, there seems to be a lot of commotion, but at the point in time when i was playing DS (484) i had joined when the only people ever online were either in the scenario, or some kind of giant-uber-dread-station, that i couldnt possibly hope to attack unless i waited until all of the higher ranked players came on, and even when that happened, the only valuable role i could be was some kind of support, as when the big guns are firing theres not much left to do except whiz round in a poxy scout or frigate frantically scraping for combat pres. It may be quite quick to gain combat pres now, but compared to 484, for a "younger" player, it isn't as impossibly difficult.

Also, i Agree with the point about planets, they need to have different resources again. The planets have no value anymore, theres no point to holding a planet apart from not being arsed to build it again or the fact that has a shipyard on it.

Also, theres whining about the AI giving people pres too quickly, but do you remember the MASSIVE amounts of Mirv bombing that went on in 484? That was quick pres, and quicker than running around after space-bucaneers.

Captain LlamaPajamas
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-07 16:28   
Quote:

On 2009-01-07 00:39, Hellza - Supreme Dark Master wrote:
darkspace ogrinally was

PVP
not PVE.

since AI are alot stupider then humans.. (almost all humans)
we shouldnt get the same points to when we fight agaisnt humans.

cause every noob an their dog would rather get easy kills an rank up faster then to fight a real fight. they dont want to do the hardyaka.

Dumber? Or less spontaneous? They are made to fight and not be killed...although their tactics may seem dumber to us, perhaps they are doing their job, which is to not die, very well...except the many instances when they fail miserably.

I wouldn't call it dumb, they just don't learn from their mistakes, because they're AI, obviously.

Well, crap, I'm both talking to myself in the forums and rambling on again...

Email Captain LlamaPajamas
Bryghtblade
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-07 20:11   
I like this version of darkspace,I've played on and off for a couple of years and got bored rater quickly because of the hard work required to get prestige, ie the lack of oppotunities.I also got heartily sick of being bounced by high rank players who would kill me real quick for cheap prestige.......very discouraging!. Since the new AI I have found the game fun and have started to make steady prestige progress..........at last! thats not to say that its easy.... the pirates can pose a problem if there's enough of them around and not to many players (I was once hunted down by a station ,2 cruisers and a destroyer!)but the MI are a real challenge to a lower rank player like me,my heart rate shoots up every time i get involved in a scrap with any type, just becauses its a tranny or engineer dosn't mean to say that several longheads wont suddenly appear and toast you for your temerity in attacking one of their mates.........Yes I agree the planets are now more or less worthless and some work could be done there but all in all its a great step forward and I'm seeing way more players on now than I have in the past.....So keep up the good work! Oh one idea that might be fun......How about making energy entities attracted to "the sound of gun fire" occasionally

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.007527 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR