No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » As Requested...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author As Requested...
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-06 16:55   
Im posting this on the forums. I was chatting on vent with Draf and he said to post on the forums to bring it to the attention of the other brass.

While im a fan of the new NPC's and whatnot, they are not mean enough. the MI are noticably more badass so thats good stuff, however the pirates need tweaking fast.

in peticular:

Pirate stations, need to actually hurt. they die far, far too fast.

respawn rate, i was chatting on vent and just spacebar mashing at the rogans rift portal.... for 20 minuts. 8 stations spawned in that time. Eight. no Wonder we have "overnight FA's". pres is being given out by the truckload with stuff like that.

on the other hand, a few of us had to run multiple times from the MI while trying to simply build friendly planets on the proc server. so thats more funs =)

Email Meko
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-06 17:03   
Wait, so he listened to you about it, but not me?

I'm never right.

Email Supertrooper
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-06 17:07   
he listened cause i didnt whine to him. i had a conversation with him.

Email Meko
DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-06 17:13   
Cheese!? yeah which will cause other factions to become bored to the point where they will quit and then when the farmers get done they will have no one to fight with there shiny new toys. End result, killing the darkspace

Email DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-06 17:15   
Quote:

On 2009-01-06 17:07, Meko wrote:
he listened cause i didnt whine to him. i had a conversation with him.

I've had conversations with him, several.

But all I've heard from Drafell and Jack is that AI are ingame to help bring players to the game, and would likley remain the same until we had enough players for constant fights.

Which if you havent noticed, Darkspace has a large enough playerbase now to rival .481, and AI are still in there giving players easy prestige.

I've brought up the topic of how players are gaining 10k prestige a day, and a few gaining close to 40k in a week.

And just because I'll bring up parts of the game I do not like doesn't mean I'm whining, just trying to point it out to staff after a few years of being called an idiot because I knew nothing about developing, and being right on things similar to this.

Email Supertrooper
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-06 17:48   
For the record Crim, we were discussion this far before many conversations (if any) had taken place.

We are taking note, so please don't think we're not paying attention. Chances are, if I know Drafell as well as I do, he just wanted Meko to post it here so he would remember in the morning .

Feedback is greatly appreciated. Keep it coming.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-06 18:15   
Well its been said that pirates are meant to be for lower ranked players to fight right?

Well theres nothing wrong with them being weaker if so. See the problem that I see that AI Pirates spawn in Rogen's AND in Sag. In Sag you can get heug ships to completely demolish them.

In Rogen's.. you can't.

So you can either beef up the Pirates in Sag or.. get rid of them. Sag imo would do better as all PvP and just let the other servers have AI.

-Ent

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-06 18:18   
Quote:

On 2009-01-06 18:15, Enterprise wrote:

So you can either beef up the Pirates in Sag or.. get rid of them. Sag imo would do better as all PvP and just let the other servers have AI.

The problem with that Ent, is that players would likley migrate to the server that had the best AI spots.

Email Supertrooper
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-01-06 18:49   
I don't know how many threads I have to say this in. Pirates and Mi were NEVER balanced for this version. Putting them live caught us off guard. We are now working on refitting them accordingly. Pirates are ment to be weak for newbies, Mi are ment to be tough. With so many vets rushing to bash the Mi, we made them the priority. They've been getting tweaked every couple of days.

The real irony here is, and Ent can verify it, is that there are a lot of players looking to get easy pres from the AI's before they get to smart or tough. I'm hearing people whine because I was in a Mi ship destroying their platforms to deny them a foothold as any player would do. But somehow fighting 10 mindless zombies was more fun than one real player vs the three of them.

I make a point of backing off before taking a killing blow in an admin account ship. I will chase, drive off, or cripple an enemy but avoid the death knell.

We fly the a.i.'s to learn what needs to be tweaked. Those looking for easy points might as well learn to deal with it, because till the ai are sufficently tough enough the admins will be flying with them, and not always obviously.

Email Tael
Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-06 19:22   
I was doing the same as Tael separately. We reserve the right to enhance the difficulty of fighting the AI.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-06 19:36   
Quote:

On 2009-01-06 19:22, Nax wrote:
I was doing the same as Tael separately. We reserve the right to enhance the difficulty of fighting the AI.

I've got no problems with them getting smarter. Alot of other people might do.

Might want to make em strong quick before we get a bunch more GAs.

-Ent

Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-06 19:49   
What I meant was, by flying MI to assist.

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-06 23:06   
On the other hand, some admins flying the MI might make them easier to kill than when they're controlled by AI.....

Email Mithrandir
Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-06 23:33   
Quote:

On 2009-01-06 19:36, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-01-06 19:22, Nax wrote:

I've got no problems with them getting smarter. Alot of other people might do.

Might want to make em strong quick before we get a bunch more GAs.

-Ent

I DONT SEE THE PROBLEM WITH IT????
THEY ARE THE EMEMEY YOU SHOOT THEM, YOU KILL THEM, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO THE SAME AMOUNT TO PRES AS YOU WOULD KILLING A HUMAN PLAYER!

Well thats my 2 cents...

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-07 00:38   
Quote:

On 2009-01-06 23:33, Chubba wrote:

THEY ARE THE EMEMEY YOU SHOOT THEM, YOU KILL THEM, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO THE SAME AMOUNT TO PRES AS YOU WOULD KILLING A HUMAN PLAYER!

in my personal opinion, you don't. Prestige is something you gain for the amount of effort you put into it, and the relative strength of the enemy.

you don't put much effort killing AI. and they're not a real threat (except in overpowering numbers).

so why should you get the same prestige compared to a person that spent more time and more effort killing a human player?

Prestige (noun) - reputation or influence arising from success, achievement, rank, or other favorable attributes.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025925 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR