Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The little things.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author The little things.
SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-01-04 17:57   
i REALLY like the idea of naming ur own ships and as an example

enterprise would prolly name his ships according to star trek EG

AD would be obiously enterprise
Combat dread would be challenger
and so on

in a way it would give a certian uniqueness to the ships

plus using a certian amount of pre set colours to customise the paint job (this part would prolly take the most time to create)

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 18:52   
Quote:

On 2009-01-04 16:09, Captain LlamaPajamas wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-01-04 14:30, Daedalus wrote:
I'm personally looking for three things.

a) get rid of that damn sound DS makes in game when you press a key.

b) A heads up display that allowes you to see the status of all your teammates, kinda like the icons on the F2 page but without needing to goto F2. And maybe have the icon change if the ship is in battle or being damaged like a fading red.

b.1) Get rid of the AI from the F2 pages, makes it a PITA to find anyone with all them showing up too.

c) be able to target systems. knock out ships engines to stop them from running etc...

Overall I am happy the way it is now. I would love to be able to mod ships more like the last version but thats never going to happen.

Press . when you have a ship targeted to target its systems.

I know you could do this but I thought even after targeting the system it just did a general target anyways. Unless they fixed it.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-01-05 03:05   
We actually put a system in the game a couple of years back to allow us to do "Logo's" on players ships. Thats how the Pirates have their Skull and Cross bones... they were the test of the Logo system.

Back when we did it we still had the old patch system where it took a long time before we could roll out updates, unlike now where we can quickly push small updates out.

For your logo's to work, they'd have to first be approved, then loaded into the game and serialized into one of the WOB's. Then at a nightly build it could be included and then pushed out.

Granted something like that is low priority, but more feesible now than it was say 4 years ago when we first considered it.

Email Tael
Captain Joe
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-05 06:14   
Quote:

On 2009-01-04 17:57, SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness) wrote:

AD would be obiously enterprise

hate to tell ya this but the original Enterprise is a cruiser, the TNG Enterprise would be between a cruiser and a dread. The Enterprise from the lame show with the quantam leap guy would be a frigate.

Maybe the Enterprise-E could be a dreadnought I think they called it a battleship in one of the movies...

anywho /nerd

Personally more than anything I would like to see grouping. Just cuz...

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-05 22:13   
Here's a little thought, since enemy sub-systems are selectable, why not let us see damage stats on them? and have them organized into a few basic categories so they're easy to pick out instead of having to cycle through them.

i.e.: weapons, jump drives, engines ect.

Not really anything major mostly just for cool points and so I can scream HIS JD IS DEAD on vent.

Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-05 22:23   
Quote:

On 2009-01-05 06:14, Captain Joe wrote:

hate to tell ya this but the original Enterprise is a cruiser, the TNG Enterprise would be between a cruiser and a dread. The Enterprise from the lame show with the quantam leap guy would be a frigate.

Maybe the Enterprise-E could be a dreadnought I think they called it a battleship in one of the movies...

anywho /nerd

Personally more than anything I would like to see grouping. Just cuz...

Mostly correct. The Galaxy Class was a bit more than a CA and less than a Dreadnought. It was basically the fleet flagship, however. The later "E" was a Sovereign class Battleship.

I'm fairly certain the Scott Bakula (that's the quantum leap guy) Enterprise was always considered a cruiser at that time...in terms of capabilities...well, that depends on what era it was being flown. I'm sure you recall that at the end it was mostly holding it own against the available comparable enemies.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-01-06 02:07   
Fine if you want get all technical, here it is:

ISS-NX01 - prototype NX-class starship - Frigate
NCC-1701 - Constitution Class - Heavy Cruiser (upon development of the Refit class, all non refits were reclassed "Light Cruisers")
NCC-1701-A - Constitution Class Refit - Heavy Cruiser
NCC-1701-B - Excelsior class - Explorer class/Heavy Cruiser
NCC-1701-C - Ambassador Class - Heavy Cruiser
NCC-1701-D - Galaxy Class - Explorer Class/Fleet Flag ship
NCC-1701-E - Sovereign-Class - Explorer Class II/Dreadnaught

Email Tael
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-06 05:06   
Why are we discussing what I might name my ship?

I mean I'm flattered and all.

But that just make me sit here and think "Whoh... thats really creepy."

-Ent

Echo-One*P6*(Angel Of Wrath)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-01-06 07:19   
Personally I love the game as it is, but it would be great if the badge icons were fixed , because right now the Support and Transport are the same.

I also would like Rank Icons, like military signs, and to be shown in the player's profile, or maybe in game as well, when you click on one's ship to look as it is now, but with his rank and icon next to it.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-06 07:32   
Quote:

On 2009-01-06 07:19, Echo-One*P5*(Angel Of Wrath) wrote:
Personally I love the game as it is, but it would be great if the badge icons were fixed , because right now the Support and Transport are the same.

I also would like Rank Icons, like military signs, and to be shown in the player's profile, or maybe in game as well, when you click on one's ship to look as it is now, but with his rank and icon next to it.

Well you know how right now you click on a ship and it just shows your name? Instead it could be like.

Ship name in big letters, then below it in smaller letters the players name. And to the side somewhere an icon of a stylized rank insignia would show perhaps with appropriate flashy animation effects.

This works alot better with a smoother UI and bubbles. >.> I mean you can only fit so much into the target window, I think enhancements were the final nail there.

-Ent

Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-01-06 09:38   
hey first of all thanks for the irony.

it was just a suggestion.. a little thing that I thought of.. its no need to mock me and laugh about it. I like military games a lot and I thought it would be appropriate. It was your idea to suggest "little things" in the first place.

"flashy animation effects" and "bubbles" . come on.. makes me sick in my guts. I was thinking of something simple, like the badge images.

It wouldn't be so hard to implement into user profile; at least compared SHIP NAMES or DECALS.

I wasn't expecting that kind of reaction, really.. I thought we are a community supporting constructive ideas but your reply proves me wrong.

It was a mistake answering to your thread anyway. I guess I'm not that important around here for my ideas to be taken into account.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-06 09:47   
Quote:
It was a mistake answering to your thread anyway. I guess I'm not that important around here for my ideas to be taken into account.

complete over-reaction. he was adding to the thread, not making fun of you man =

Email Meko
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-06 10:05   
Yeah, I don't know what you're talking about; Enterprise was giving an example of how to implement it on the screen, then complaining that the interface is a bit busy and it might be hard to make look good in limited space.

But, I like the idea in general. That or just say

Ship Name
Rank Player Name

So you might see, when you click on an enemy (or friendly, for that matter) ship:

UWS Cheesemonger
ADM Shigernafy

Or something. I'd say use the abbreviated rank; having "2nd Rear Admiral Soandso" is rather lengthy.

On what I take to be the original suggestion (?), it wouldn't be too terribly hard to add a little image to ones profile that represents their rank. Its mostly a matter of choosing good images for it and then deciding on a good way to display it so it doesn't look tacky having an image amongst all the text.

Addendum: If you have a good design idea for another badge, feel free to supply it or suggest it.
[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2009-01-06 10:06 ]

Email Shigernafy
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-01-06 10:37   
Quote:

complete over-reaction. he was adding to the thread, not making fun of you man =

no over-reaction man.. its just how I felt about it.

let's just forget it and focus on the important subject here.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-06 11:27   
Quote:

On 2009-01-06 10:05, Shigernafy wrote:
Yeah, I don't know what you're talking about; Enterprise was giving an example of how to implement it on the screen, then complaining that the interface is a bit busy and it might be hard to make look good in limited space.

But, I like the idea in general. That or just say

Ship Name
Rank Player Name

So you might see, when you click on an enemy (or friendly, for that matter) ship:

UWS Cheesemonger
ADM Shigernafy

Or something. I'd say use the abbreviated rank; having "2nd Rear Admiral Soandso" is rather lengthy.

This is pretty much exactly what I had in mind. It looks nice and smooth and would look cooler than what we have currently. Personally though I'd prefer a small insignia badge added somewhere as they are shinier.

Note the shinier. To me a great GUI makes a game alot more graphically engaging than better models or textures or backrounds. It also helps gameplay immersion as well.

Contrary to popular belief not all my posts are mocking. Just most of them. You can usually tell the legit ones by the heavy sarcasm added in.

As Shig noted from my note the UI is very cluttered as in so throwing such a thing right now with the current interface may be more painful than appealing.

-Ent

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026450 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR