No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +20.8 Minutes

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The little things.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author The little things.
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-04 01:58   
They matter.

Okay I was tempted to end the post there, but I want to keep my forum rights.

So since Development is in full swing once again I can't help but wonder about the little things. Those little nic-nacs in games that aren't important, aren't needed, but matter, somehow to our ego deprived 6 year old mentality that comes out everytime we play a game.

So post them! Just for the hell of it, and because we can here since no one ever reads Beta anyways.

Personally? I want my damn ability to name ships.

-Ent

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-04 02:01   
I'll make a small list..

- Ability to Name your Ship, following guidlines of each faction. (C.S.S, U.W.S, LOBSTER)

- Custom Fleet Colors on ships, nothing real big.

- Fleet Logos (or Flags) on Ships, and on the Fleet Profile.

Email Supertrooper
Jaydawg
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 02:02   
Going along with the naming of ships, how about a little splash on the ship itself with the name? Just make it so you have to type the name into your main profile, and have a section on all ships premade that just takes the name from your profile and puts it right there on your ship? That would be awesome!

Email Jaydawg   Goto the website of Jaydawg
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-01-04 02:03   
[Devils Advocate] Making room for little things takes time away from big things. Things like being able to name your ship and add decals take time away from the important things. The big issues are AI(Big) and Enchantments(Not so high on the scale of important things....for now). Any time spent on small things is wasted, and should not be added till later, if at all. [/Devils Advocate]

Hey, someone was going to post a rant like that. I got it out of the way.
Points for finding the special secret in this post.
(I'm secretly for little things. >.>)

[ This Message was edited by: RevenG on 2009-01-04 02:11 ]

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 02:04   
Instead of Targetting Gadgets, Target Ship Sections.

Engine, Cargo Hold, Bridge, Mid Section, etc etc.

Enhancements could then be restricted to certain sections? Instead of full ship enhancements etc.

And another add, On the Nav Screen (F2) can we have the ability to distinguish the ships, example.

Only show, Dreads, or Destroyers, or both, or sort by Faction, only show ICC etc etc
[ This Message was edited by: Little Pet Slinki, The Inane on 2009-01-04 02:09 ]

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Jaydawg
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 02:06   
People who thought like that would be missing the point of the post. This is for the future. These are pretty much just ideas being spewed so that they're at least on the radar for later after all the major issues are fixed

[ This Message was edited by: Jaydawg {meow} on 2009-01-04 02:14 ]

Email Jaydawg   Goto the website of Jaydawg
The Phoenix
1st Rear Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-01-04 02:08   
i want to name my ship too!

Stevefin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 02:56   
name ship
custom colors and flag for fleets on ships
the standed

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-04 03:04   
Well, the Dev's are trying to go for more ship customization right? It'd be the perfect time to start trying to add in these small things that really give players a sense of ownership over the ships that they have.

While they arent really needed, it'd be a good thing to see them implemented.

Email Supertrooper
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 12:09   
As a few of you no doubt know, these ideas have been brought up a few times over the years. Thus, they're not exactly unknown to us. And as Crim says, we are trying to up ship customization and whatnot.

So I suspect some of these at least will be appearing in the not terribly distant future (by which I mean.. Two Weeks).

Email Shigernafy
Captain LlamaPajamas
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 14:05   
I would like the ability to create in-game formations, where a leader could choose from a list of formations and click where each ship under his control would be, causing the individual ships to automatically follow that course. Of course, like Follow and Shadow, manually changing your course would break you out of formation.

But it could help organize bombing runs, mass points jumps, etc.

Consider it.

Email Captain LlamaPajamas
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-04 14:12   
Quote:

On 2009-01-04 14:05, Captain LlamaPajamas wrote:
I would like the ability to create in-game formations, where a leader could choose from a list of formations and click where each ship under his control would be, causing the individual ships to automatically follow that course. Of course, like Follow and Shadow, manually changing your course would break you out of formation.

But it could help organize bombing runs, mass points jumps, etc.

Consider it.

The only thing I see usefull out of that is Mass Jumps.

But it takes co-ordination and skill to run in formations, not automated things, and I like it that way.

Email Supertrooper
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 14:30   
I'm personally looking for three things.

a) get rid of that damn sound DS makes in game when you press a key.

b) A heads up display that allowes you to see the status of all your teammates, kinda like the icons on the F2 page but without needing to goto F2. And maybe have the icon change if the ship is in battle or being damaged like a fading red.

b.1) Get rid of the AI from the F2 pages, makes it a PITA to find anyone with all them showing up too.

c) be able to target systems. knock out ships engines to stop them from running etc...

Overall I am happy the way it is now. I would love to be able to mod ships more like the last version but thats never going to happen.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-04 15:49   
Quote:

On 2009-01-04 02:03, RevenG wrote:
[Devils Advocate] Making room for little things takes time away from big things. Things like being able to name your ship and add decals take time away from the important things. The big issues are AI(Big) and Enchantments(Not so high on the scale of important things....for now). Any time spent on small things is wasted, and should not be added till later, if at all. [/Devils Advocate]

name your ship and add decals take time away from the important things. The big issues are AI(Big) and Enchantments(Not so high on the scale of important things....for now). Any time spent on small things is wasted, and should

The big issues are AI(Big) and Enchantments(Not so high on the scale of important things....for now).

The big issues are AI(Big) and Enchantments

AI(Big) and Enchantments

Enchantments

----------->

I'd like to see the ability to modify the location and placement of the gadget count and everything.

Captain LlamaPajamas
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 16:09   
Quote:

On 2009-01-04 14:30, Daedalus wrote:
I'm personally looking for three things.

a) get rid of that damn sound DS makes in game when you press a key.

b) A heads up display that allowes you to see the status of all your teammates, kinda like the icons on the F2 page but without needing to goto F2. And maybe have the icon change if the ship is in battle or being damaged like a fading red.

b.1) Get rid of the AI from the F2 pages, makes it a PITA to find anyone with all them showing up too.

c) be able to target systems. knock out ships engines to stop them from running etc...

Overall I am happy the way it is now. I would love to be able to mod ships more like the last version but thats never going to happen.

Press . when you have a ship targeted to target its systems.

Email Captain LlamaPajamas
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018989 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR