Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Combat Tactics: Enhancements
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Combat Tactics: Enhancements
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-03 18:28   
The-New-Lastest-Thing in version 1.507 is Enhancements:
Randomly droped upgrades that u get from destroying/or assist kill enemy ships.

They come in 4 different ranks:
Minor- 2%
Limited- 4%
Standard-6%
Enhanced- 9%

U can have up to 8 Enhancments in a ship, U can Remove them for better ones by using "F7" , but I believe u lose them. so choose carefully.

These are the types I've seen so far, I'm ranking them in usefullness:

1.) Weapons Multiplexer-- Increase ALL Weapon damage, this is alway good to have, save these for ur combat ships. (ie, i will pesonally come give u a ruptor facial if i see u put one on a suppy or engi.)

Weapons Cooler-- Reduces All weapon cool-down time, giving u a faster fire rate. If u can shoot ur weapon 30% faster than ur opponent, it would mean u can fire 4 volleys for his every 3 volleys.

Weapons Condenser-- Reducese the energy requirements for ALL ur weapons, this is a Must have for energy-hoging Assult ships. Especially for ICC and Kluth.

Weapons Accelerator-- Increases All weapons Range, this mean ur can fire those core weapons and assul beam at longer range, and possible get a extra hit in before ur enemy pass u or ran out of range.

Beam Condenser-- Reduces energy usage only for beams weapons, this is Especially important because beams drain so much energy. save these for ur Assult ships (Kluth ships, EAD, AD). DO NOT WASTE these on gun heavy ships!!

Beam Cooler-- reduces cool down time for beam weapons. This is good for Kluth because they are beam heavy and their hit-an-run tactics. BUT BEWARE, faster fire rate means ur run out of energy faster. either attack with only ur Assult beams or use some Condensors

Beam Accelerator-- gives beams longer range. I recomend these for Kluth since disruptors dont have a damge fall off at longer distance. for Ugto and icc, i'm not sure how much damge u retain at longer ranges, so go for condensors and multiplexers instead.

Manuvering thrusters-- Increse ur turn rate, makes ur ship more agile in combat. Use these for dueling ships or crusiers, combine these with engine booster to make a slippery viper of a ship, recomended for Scales and AC

Engine booster-- Increase Thrust, faster acceleration, which could be good for crusier battles if u read my other thread on AC and TC.

Engine tuner-- Increses ur Max speed, i'm not sure this is very good. Higher speeds many acturally work aginst ICC and kluth ships since they bleed energy at higher speeds. Ugto might do better with it. It also may have an application for bomber dreads. so they can match the speed of their bombs now.

Shield/Armor upgrade-- I recomend the armor, the shield may cost u more energy in combat, not really worth it. If u have the extra energy to burn, just swap for Active shields.

JumpDrive MKI-- pretty useless, smaller ships dont need it, station have their own supp drones. i guess dreads might benifit from it, but i say it's waste of a enhancment slot.

Selecting the Right Mix of enhancements:

I dont recomend u use more than 3 types of enhancements,
the benifites are spread too thin. U want to specialize, to give u an edge over other players.

For Ugto EAD or BD, I recomend the Multiplexer-- pure brute force. since Ugto dont have to worry about weak defenses and energy usage. the best option is just to Increase ur damge power.

For ICC AD and KLuth Mandi and Siphon-- use a mix of Condensors--save energy and Coolers--faster fire rate. This produces a faster rate of fire at a sustainable energy usage.

As a end note: when u get Enhanced rank drops, save them u might be trade em.
I'm building a Dueling ship with 8 weapons multiplexers -- 72% damge increse. ^_^

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2009-01-03 18:39 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-03 19:05   
Weapons only affect projectiles.
Beams only affect beams.

JumpDrive Refil enhancements are one shots - they cannot be fitted to your ship. You use them, and they refill your JD with fuel.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2009-01-03 19:06 ]

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-01-03 19:09   
Quote:
They come in 4 different ranks:
Minor- 2%
Limited- 4%
Standard-6%
Enhanced- 9%

There are also Improved ones that grant 8% and according to Faustus, Advanced ones that grant 10%. Those are exceedingly rare, however.

Email Jim Starluck
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-03 23:22   
Question, say you get multiple of the same enhancement, ie 3 armor upgrades at 2% each, once added to those =6% and does it count as just 1 enhancement or 3?

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-03 23:30   
3, i believe, 8 is the number of purple diamonds u've used.

also, have i missed any other types Enhancements? id much appreciate any inputs.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 08:06   
id like to take this time to point out:

1: Fit your ships to your style. For example, if u like to point jump and land right beside a guy in a dread, maybe a little bit of maneuvering jets, with a buncha dmg mods would be your thing.

2: If you like to sit back and snipe, in say a combat dread. having rate of fire and damage would be clutch

3: think of something outside the mold. i cant wait for the supertanker +72% armour EAD, or the linestation with beams that can reach 50% farther.

Email Meko
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-04 08:12   
We're putting limits on the enhancements and clamping them to values in the future. We're not going to be seeing ships with 80% of any stat.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 08:27   
nancy's.

Email Meko
Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 10:09   
Oh don't forget there are armor and shield enhancements as well

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 10:19   
k, no, i thought of this a little more.

Quote:
We're putting limits on the enhancements and clamping them to values in the future. We're not going to be seeing ships with 80% of any stat.

in bold; elaborate please.

the reason why im asking is because, enhansments are already at set values. so what im assuming u mean is that you guys will have a "Max bonus cap".

and if THATS the case, then you just ruined the whole enhansment novelty. then every ship will end up the same. again. thus makin the whole thing pointless.

a -sugestion- if your uncomfortable with people runnign around with +72% to something on thier ships.... simply make enhansments die when the ship does. (Please?)

Email Meko
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-04 10:38   
We're not going to allow 80%+ stats on ships - A dread going almost 30gu/s? No. Not going to happen. Ever.

We're going to clamp brackets to a value - ie, a maximum of 20/30% to any given field at any time, so you can't have a dread going 80%+ maximum speed, only 30%, or whatever the value is.

We've not discussed a deffinate fix for it yet - but we're not going to be allowing 80% bonuses. Sorry.

Also, ships will have a chance to lose a enhancement on death. This is not currently in, but will be pushed into live at some point. And no, this does not remove the need for limiting enhancements.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 11:15   
Quote:
We're not going to allow 80%+ stats on ships - A dread going almost 30gu/s? No. Not going to happen. Ever.

well considering the speed enhansments are off the hull base speed, that would never happen. (i have 15% on a cruiser, so u'd think 23gu, but it only goes 20.9, which is the correct bonus when NOT factoring in the engine speed boost.)

Quote:
We're going to clamp brackets to a value - ie, a maximum of 20/30% to any given field at any time...

thats not too bad

Quote:
We've not discussed a deffinate fix for it yet - but we're not going to be allowing 80% bonuses. Sorry.

it's ok, i wont lose sleep over it.

Quote:
Also, ships will have a chance to lose a enhancement on death. This is not currently in, but will be pushed into live at some point.

good, no risk = lame

Quote:
And no, this does not remove the need for limiting enhancements.

in your opinion.

Email Meko
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-04 12:35   
Ok, in light of what jack has revealed. I think then it would not make sense to hold ur punches on using what enhancements u have.

Still, i would recomened Maxing Out on 1 or 2 stats before u mess with others.
New Ranking in light of the limitations should look something like this:
1.) Condensors(enegy save) and Multiplexers(damg) should be ranks first, since a +30% damage or energy save is still pretty significant. Especially for energy hungry ICC and kluth assult ships.

2.) Manuvering Jets-- I'm ranking this one higher, b/c i dont think anyone was going to try to make a 80% faster turn rate ship, to the limitation should not effect it as much.

3.) Armor-- Ranking this one higher for the same reason, 30% armor, especially speciallized armor(reflective, ablative) is still pretty significant.
I'm not puting shield here cause i think the engergy drain might be to much to handle for ICC.

Jack could u clearify this one? how does the additional shielding gets counted?

I.E. I got a AD with Active Shielding, and 2 Aux Shields, do the +30% count for all of them, and how are their recharge speeds?

4.) Coolers(faster fire rate) and Accelerators(range)-- I've lower the ranking for these b/c the Lower limit of 30% lowers their effectiveness.

I.e. A Weapon with a 10 units of dmg that fires every 10 seconds over a period of 60 seconds
Option 1:
Multiplextor(+30% dmg):

[10 dmg x 130%] x [60 sec / 10 sec per shot] = 96 dmg

Option 2
Cooler(+30 rate of fire):

10 dmg x [ 60 sec / (10 sec per shot x 70%)] = 85.7 dmg

Now with no if the enhancement were left at 80%

that weapon with 10 sec cool down reduced by 80 % could fire every 2 seconds. and ur would have a 400% damg increase ^_^

Assuming u have the energy to sustain it.

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-04 12:44   
Ah, silly me, just remembered that firing weapons takes time too. i.e. Assult Ruptors fire for ~6 seconds.

So this means that the Coolers are even more useless now. Unless its a instant fire weapon like QST or missile or something.

ma bad for dublepost
[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2009-01-04 12:44 ]

MasterChiefAcid
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-04 13:41   
So being a newer person(on the forums) and enjoying the new changes the devs have made as of late, would first like to say a big thanks.

But also, like stated earlier, the penalty for the higher up mods is a fine idea, if a person wants a 10% dmg increase, it should also come with a -energy penalty making him have to trade off between dmg and coolers. Also i believe it was tael (could be mistaken, so don't shoot me) was talking about having more ideas for them. So why not create Sets of enhancements. Yes this is not a mmorpg, but sets come in handy for specialty of ones ship.And like all sets, some parts would be common, and others would be more rare, making the entire set harder to complete.That being said worrying about balancing the smaller ships with the bigger ones, why not make certain sets ship specific(ie will only work on a dread/corvette).

And on the Basis of the 30gu Dread argument, whats the difference between a Dread doing 30gu, and a Corvette doing 40+. Considering from I've noticed/read on the forums as of late the values are based off the base value of said area. So would not a smaller ship already gain more for speed value then a bigger one? You could do the opposite and refit a small corvette with engine upgrades and range, and quite simply just run circles around your target. Yes i realise that all ship have a power falloff above a certain speed, but even still small bursts of increase speed make the smaller ships quite hard to hit.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027064 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR