No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Interdictor Prestige Discussion, and Groups
 Author Interdictor Prestige Discussion, and Groups
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-12-30 23:05   
INTERDICTORS
Looking for some more dialogue on this topic. Besides group prestige, should interdictors earn anything? A set amount for different ship classes snared, per minute, per failed jump, etc? A bonus from each kill or damage amount within the field?

GROUPS
Similarly looking for dialogue on how group prestige could potentially be split. I'm in favor of group sizes limited to, oh, ten? tops, with prestige granted fairly equally to all members within a certain range of prestige earner. That is, idling 10,000gu from the fight won't net you anything.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-12-30 23:32   
Interdictors should deffinatley earn prestige for the work they do. I'm not sure how you might go about implementing it, but an Interdictors job is not an easy one.

Email Supertrooper
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-30 23:33   
Quote:

On 2008-12-30 23:05, Sardaukar wrote:
INTERDICTORS
Looking for some more dialogue on this topic. Besides group prestige, should interdictors earn anything? A set amount for different ship classes snared, per minute, per failed jump, etc? A bonus from each kill or damage amount within the field?

x amount of prestige for every UNIQUE ship that enters the dictor field (larger ships = more prestige)

a certain amount of prestige (say, 1/2 that of the prestige gained for a ship entering your dictor field) gained every minute for a ship in your field

x amount of prestige for a ship being destroyed in your field.

it should be comparable to repair prestige and/or building prestige gain.

spatula
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 14:46   
Quote:

x amount of prestige for every UNIQUE ship that enters the dictor field (larger ships = more prestige)

a certain amount of prestige (say, 1/2 that of the prestige gained for a ship entering your dictor field) gained every minute for a ship in your field

x amount of prestige for a ship being destroyed in your field.

it should be comparable to repair prestige and/or building prestige gain.

i second that, but with increased prestige for ships you bring out of jump

as for groups, i think that the prestige should be averaged before distributed to members, so if you do have somebody idle they greatly diminish pres gain, I also think group limit should be 5 or 6 to prevent power leveling.

Email spatula
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-01-04 17:43   
Now with this group thing, will it just be players in the area, or like players that get invited/create their own group. cause that would be really cool to see. anyway, i do think tht it should be distrabuted with a fall of system, like the person that got the kill gets the most, people that inflicted damage on the target gets alot(not as much as one getting the kill) and support ship/ships just in group get some, but still not as much as the others. Thus the most active members of the group would get the most pres from what they are doing, while still letting other members of the groupcollect from the entire groups activties.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-06 11:51   
Every old thing isnt bad to implement on a new thing. So dont give any special , time , ship jump fail, dictored ship points to dictors.

This could be so easy to exploit.

Use old prestige system. Let dictor group up with its team and earn shared prestige for their "team" work.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-06 14:51   
Quote:

On 2009-01-06 11:51, Pakhos wrote:
This could be so easy to exploit.

and so easy to report for an RoC violation.

Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-01-14 12:48   
i don't think the group idea is smart. for one big reason.

if a high lvl player teams up with a bunch of low lvl players those players would rank way to fast. for example if i get a batle station i group up with a bunch of midshipman/ensign i start killing mir dread dread i promote those players 3/4 times in 15 min or less.

so i think that if you do it players get group press based on current rank and prestation. otherwise this group thing will be the biggest exploit seen in darkspace.
The more you see, the more you read, the more you hear, the more you know that you know nothing. And that the truth is nothing more then a personal judgment on the world around us by the people around us.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-14 16:38   
well i gues u could share the prestige on what type ship u have...ie if one in a dread, and the other one in a crusier(dictor), then the dread gets like 60-70% of the pres earned.

Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2009-01-19 01:11   
Wow easy farm just sit out in the middle of nowhere and rake in the pres

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-01-19 15:14   
Grouping is coming back so no need for interdictor prestige..

Combat groups are going to include dictors again, everyone wanting to join the combat group must join the prestige sharing group. If your the dictor life will be easy, just keep the enemy in your field and let your allies pown him and you get prestige from them by the grouping..

Page created in 0.032247 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR