Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » cloaking issue
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author cloaking issue
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-05 01:23   
I want to post a screenshot i took today about pinging.

It is just a point of pinging to explain this better to "DEV" .

in this screeny you can see large group of ugto ping from far and fire.Nearest ugto at 400+ gu. Missiles just continue their way without having problem about my cloak and they were firing without waiting 30 or 15 seconds ping time (whatever is the counter time).

from 100% to 0% ..(just one of the screenies , i didnt want to overload topic with all screenies)

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/9117/00000026ji1.jpg

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2009-01-05 01:23 ]

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-05 01:51   
For the record, I am quite happy with the current state of the Kluth weapons and such. I feel we are more powerful now than ever. I have lost one ship in this version, and it was in a planet collision.

FlyD4wn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-05 02:45   
All I wanna say is:

Since the MV is quite filled now, there are more ships that are player controled, if you fly a kluth near a big enemy fleet; your cloack is useless.

With alot of players means alot of pinging making the cloack useless.

Yesterday I was flying to a enemy fleet with 100% of all, did one alpha then cloacked, nobody fired on me yet and my sig was 0.0
Then the pinging started and my sig was constantly unstable; they shot at me and when my internal systems starting to get damage I jumped out.

This is what I think is annoying.

-Fly

Email FlyD4wn
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-01-05 04:18   
Quote:

On 2008-12-29 17:43, {$P}ADmiraLMaXimu$ wrote:
there were more people playing as kluth than any other faction.

Where were you through the ENTIRE duration of .483?!? We still whooped arses, even when there were only 2 of us online. Depending on the skill level of your piloting and stratedgy 2 Luth could really piss off a fleet of 10 - 12 ships and even pick off a few without losing a single ship. Some called it cowardness, we called it "the only thing we could do at the time". By the way, this is coming from a very dedicated K'Luth member.

I will agree with the previous post though to a point. The pinging is a bit strong, but only near large fleets. If this persists, just expect Luth ships do continue their "lurking" and sniffing out stragglers like we always have. The other option is to just grow a pair and point jump right in there, blast away, spool up and get the F outta there! lol

[ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2009-01-05 04:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2009-01-05 04:21 ]

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-05 07:43   
Pakhos, you've had issues with cloaking, and general de-sync for quite some time. Unfortuantely in your case, a screenshot doesn't really prove anything.

I also cannot see any friendly ships near you - going alone vs an enemy fleet is just not intended without a fleet of your own.

We're leaving pinging in the game. 30 seconds is quite enough. If you want to terrorise ships, I suggest doing it when the enemy isn't amongst a fleet of several magnitudes larger than yours.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2009-01-05 07:45 ]

little_chaoz(affe force)
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-05 07:49   
look, the pinging is not the problem is that u go into a 5-10 man fleet expecting them not to be able to see u, and trying to be OP, dont blame the game for a simple case of being stupid

Isaac Asimov

Email little_chaoz(affe force)
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-05 08:25   
Quote:
...Missiles just continue their way without having problem about my cloak and they were firing without waiting 30 or 15 seconds ping time (whatever is the counter time)...

well considering a 'ping' bounced your sig above 0.... and if theres 10 of them there, and the majority of them have just 'pinged' u that means thier eccm is active.

Thus: your sig doesnt bounce to 5 or 6... it jumps to 20 and thus taking far longer to cloak u.

No, cloakin is not bugged. Not ECCM pinging is not overpowered. Yes, 'sneaking' up on 10 guys with eccm is stupid.

Email Meko
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-01-05 09:26   
Quote:

On 2009-01-05 07:43, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Pakhos, you've had issues with cloaking, and general de-sync for quite some time. Unfortuantely in your case, a screenshot doesn't really prove anything.

I also cannot see any friendly ships near you - going alone vs an enemy fleet is just not intended without a fleet of your own.

We're leaving pinging in the game. 30 seconds is quite enough. If you want to terrorise ships, I suggest doing it when the enemy isn't amongst a fleet of several magnitudes larger than yours.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2009-01-05 07:45 ]

I agree that its stupid, going alone against a fleet. Still, what would it change for fleet VS fleet? They can still ping, and still shoot the kluth down 1 by 1 is they try to get close cloaked.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-05 09:56   
Quote:

On 2009-01-05 09:26, Sixkiller wrote:
I agree that its stupid, going alone against a fleet. Still, what would it change for fleet VS fleet? They can still ping, and still shoot the kluth down 1 by 1 is they try to get close cloaked.

It's very disorientating seeing a fleet of invisible red diamonds. You don't get enough time to select them all and see what's what. It's like seeing a very slow slideshow of red diamonds slowly converging on you.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-05 10:03   
I am happy with the way things are currently it suits me and my playing style, but then we always adapt to changes....we are K'luth.

Admiral Aloe
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-05 15:24   
I played K'luth for several hours last night and only lost 1 ship... to a planet collision.

I have not had any problems with the very short wait to fire after un-cloaking and as soon as you hit your spacebar, you can re-cloak before your volley even finishes firing. Several ships working together could make the ping go off every 5 seconds or less, if they stagger when they start them. Ship 1 starts ping, wait 5 seconds, ship 2 starts ping.. etc etc.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-01-05 15:28   
So wait, you are upset because Kluth weapons and cloak are perceived as nerfed... Yet at the bottom of the first page you are explained they are not and that they were changed... You also want to know why one single ship can't attack a fleet of station and dreads without getting "at least" a bloody nose...

Each time telling everyone else they dont understand...

Sorry to say, 1.483 taught you massively bad habits. You are not playing the K'luth properly...

When the K'Luth was first brought into the game the hit hard but then were quickly ripped to shreds. The players back then relied on Wolf Pack tactics. I know, I was one of the first K'luth players and helped work out the tactics.

Since most current K'luth players haven't figured out this little gem in the last 5or 6 years, here's how us "Ol' timers" racked up kills.

You take a K'luth fleet to an area near where ICC or UGTO are. One ship, something small like a destroyer, nothing bigger than a cruiser moves to the center of the pack of K'luth ships and decloaks. Does what ever it can to raise its signature so it shows up on the enemy screens. After a few moments start a slow turn towards a planet or some point as if you are plotting a jump. Once they see you alone for few seconds, most human players will try to "jump" you. Fire one or two volleys and lure them in. Once they close on you, cloak and spring the trap. The other K'luth ships decloak and decimate the ship(s) that came in.

Set a trap, bait the trap, lure them in, spring the trap... The person playing bait might not get a kill or much points, but if you rotate out who plays bait you have a chance... Right now we see whole fleet of kluth moving around uncloaked... USE YOUR FACTIONS tactics and strong points. Each faction has a strength, each has a weakness.

Also at close/PB range, yes, CL's do considerably more damage than Disruptors. The trick here is if you are K'luth, DONT get within point blank range. Keep them at the limits of their beam weapons. Yours have a longer range and do the same damage regardless. Stay just outside the enemy's range or at their maximum, you can still pummel them while they cant hit you or at least not as hard.

Even the Mir have a weakness. If anything, because they are so strong, their's cripples them more than any other faction. I wont say how many or what those weaknesses are, thats part of the fun of the game...

ICC - rotate your shields and use stand off ships (You can take more damage per single arc if you use your shields correctly, your Missile ships can do serious damage from a distance.)
UGTO - jump in head first with a supporting ship covering your tail. (Get in close and hammer away with your stronger weapons, get their shields or armor down and cripple them with EMP weapons)
K'luth - Wolf Pack, use your stealth, cloak, lure the enemy to YOU. (enough said)

Email Tael
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-05 16:20   
Well I didnt expect to kill this ugto fleet. Yes that would be exteremly stupid. I just landed 1200 gu from nearest station and 450 gu from nearest dread. So the point is , if u arent stupid u would surely undestand without having problem ;

Ecm covers only between 200-300 gu area while eccm can ping from 1200 gu away. Which means an AR missiles launched from 1200gu away will hit you because u are pinged.

Btw wolfpack tactic? This would be great if players decide to play PvP instead of PvAi. That goes to all players to each faction..

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-01-05 16:24   
Funny thing i every time I fire a torp at a ping blimp, soon as they disappear the torps self destruct. If I point fire I "might" get hit, but blinding mashing 'E' SPACEBAR does little good.

Email Tael
Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-05 22:09   
vs luth with a missile dread I liked to sometimes launch a volley of missiles at a point in space, ping, and then steer the missiles towards the blip. This lets me manually control my missiles and do more to anticipate the enemy. As well my shots don't self destruct when the target dissapears.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.034022 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR