Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » cloaking issue
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author cloaking issue
ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-12-29 16:50   
I dont like the fact that cloaking takes so long to work it should be instant to turn on and slow to turn off.
Also the fact that kluth can get pinged while cloaked means we get shot at while we cant shoot back at all.
if there is going to br pinging allowed it should be like the jump cruiser, and allow only one type of cruiser able to do it.
many scifi shows and movies show how hard it is to detect cloaked vessels, so it shouldn't be so easy that everybody can to it in almost any ship.
I also think that Kluth shoud have shields if there is going to be pinging and delays in cloaking
the kluth have been traveling in space according to darkspace history for over 1000 years longer than humans so kluth should have some advantages
just a suggestion but i would like to see something done about this cloaking delay

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-12-29 16:56   
Quote:

On 2008-12-29 16:50, {$P}ADmiraLMaXimu$ wrote:
I dont like the fact that cloaking takes so long to work it should be instant to turn on and slow to turn off.
Also the fact that kluth can get pinged while cloaked means we get shot at while we cant shoot back at all.
if there is going to br pinging allowed it should be like the jump cruiser, and allow only one type of cruiser able to do it.
many scifi shows and movies show how hard it is to detect cloaked vessels, so it shouldn't be so easy that everybody can to it in almost any ship.
I also think that Kluth shoud have shields if there is going to be pinging and delays in cloaking
the kluth have been traveling in space according to darkspace history for over 1000 years longer than humans so kluth should have some advantages
just a suggestion but i would like to see something done about this cloaking delay

Tl:dr "someone killed me using a tactic built into the game to keep kluth BALLANCED.... please fix and make them op so i can kill everything without playing to the hit and run style of kluth"

Its fine how it is, they shread armor at close range, and if you use TACTICS and hit and run attacks... they cant stop you from killing them

little_chaoz(affe force)
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-29 17:13   
kinda like what they just did in the MV not 10 minutes ago, qq some moar

Isaac Asimov

Email little_chaoz(affe force)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-12-29 17:43   
kluth weapon effects are strong at long and short range its the same only ICC and UGTO are stronger at close range
and a more advanced race in the game should have some kind of advantage and there is more to the game than just killing

also the attack and jump tactic is how you use the kluth
nothing new there

and I have played with all three factions through the years

ICC can reinforce shields and thier energy doesnt drain that fast considering they should use that energy on shield impacts. Thats an advantage

UGTO Flux beam effects are strong enough to consider it an advantage as well.

so you want to talk balance... the only reason people complained about balance was when there were more people playing as kluth than any other faction. Balance is really a matter of the number of players on each fleet in combat.

Back in the day when I was UGTO or ICC my fleet would join me in battles and planet capping in numbers like 8 or more at a time. we planned things like that and we never heard anyone complain when it was 10 against 10.
But when 10 of any faction show up you will hear some complaints about balance if the odds are off.

I guess maybe only people who have played as kluth will know what i mean
but thanks for the reply

Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-12-29 18:02   
Quote:

On 2008-12-29 17:43, {$P}ADmiraLMaXimu$ wrote:
kluth weapon effects are strong at long and short range its the same only ICC and UGTO are stronger at close range
and a more advanced race in the game should have some kind of advantage and there is more to the game than just killing

also the attack and jump tactic is how you use the kluth
nothing new there

and I have played with all three factions through the years

ICC can reinforce shields and thier energy doesnt drain that fast considering they should use that energy on shield impacts. Thats an advantage

UGTO Flux beam effects are strong enough to consider it an advantage as well.

so you want to talk balance... the only reason people complained about balance was when there were more people playing as kluth than any other faction. Balance is really a matter of the number of players on each fleet in combat.

Back in the day when I was UGTO or ICC my fleet would join me in battles and planet capping in numbers like 8 or more at a time. we planned things like that and we never heard anyone complain when it was 10 against 10.
But when 10 of any faction show up you will hear some complaints about balance if the odds are off.

I guess maybe only people who have played as kluth will know what i mean
but thanks for the reply

So, icc using a tactic that they were ment to use, defence, is unballanced? and ugto using a weapon that defines them (flux waves anyone?) is allso unballanced?

icc have shields, they can redirect hp to any side.
ugto get emp weapons, nuff said right there.
kluth get >>>>>CLOAKING<<<<< there is there little special.

they also have the most powerfull weapons in ds, aside from the mi, regenerating hulls. fast regen armor. faster jump times. they are fine, stop crying that you cant kill something by flying face first into it alone without tactics, icc/ugto outlast kluth in combat head on, be sneaky. if hey dont know you are there, no pings will be ping'd.

Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-12-29 20:16   
obviously you havent played to long

all those things that were ment to be used were not always the same
flux was never that strong they were so weak that people could swap cl300's for them and a EAD could have 8 of them they made them stronger but now you cant put so many on

the shields use to drain on impact and energy was lost on impact we used to be able to replace engines by purchaseing them to make up for that but now all you can do is upgrade

kluth cloaking used to be instant.. that means i could un cloak and fire right away and not wait and get shot for a few seconds
and i could jump cloaked too back then

so cloaking was made to be deminished while the opposite was done for ICC and UGTO is that what you call balance?

I guess its different when you have used all factions

kluth weapons are not stronger they just have the same damage capability from any distance and kluth armor and hull does not regenerate we have autonmated system for that seperate from the hull and armor once that is used we need resupply
you see now your making comments and you dont know the facts

i can kill anything one on one by the way not crying like i said just making a suggestion but i see you like to argue

you cant just say you "like it the way it is"... you have to quote me and do your own crying about my suggestion

Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-12-29 20:22   
never mind im too tired for this....

JUST LEAVE IT ALL ALONE EVERYTHING IS FINE

its just a game why make it interesting just leave it alone
thanks

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-12-29 20:49   
FYI, K'luth got a huge armour boost in 1.5, and a solid 1 second decloak timer, no matter what hull type. They also regenerate armour without the AHR device. The AHR device repairs only hull and systems (and makes them practically immume to system damage).

We've also given you options to swap AHR for Chitin armour.

You've had quite a boost this patch, and I just lowered all heavy beam energy usage by 15%~, which again, helps you greatly.

You're far, far, far from under-powered. Pinging was left in because we found K'luth to be far too powerful without something to indicate where the ships were once in a while. It has a 30 second cooldown on it too...

Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-12-29 20:55   
ahh
I did not know that
thanks

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-29 21:14   
the only way we can effectivly ping you guys is if we co-ordinate it.

the decloak / alpha a couple times / recloak n run = Very hard to kill.

Email Meko
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2008-12-30 05:08   
just MAYBE make the decloak instant? Because 1 second is still quite a lot, try uncloacking near say 1 station and 2 dreads, wait 1 second, shoot, and cloak. After that, you have to get out for repairs and HOPE you aint dead yet. I agree with the pinging, eventough its extremely usefull for the enemy. But the uncloack that takes a second is a pain:p

Hellaciouss
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-04 19:40   
Quote:

On 2008-12-30 05:08, Sixkiller wrote:
just MAYBE make the decloak instant? Because 1 second is still quite a lot, try uncloacking near say 1 station and 2 dreads, wait 1 second, shoot, and cloak. After that, you have to get out for repairs and HOPE you aint dead yet. I agree with the pinging, eventough its extremely usefull for the enemy. But the uncloack that takes a second is a pain:p

Why are you going in alone vs a station and two dreads and expecting to get out with most your health? I don't think there are enough counters to cloak. Bring back becons preventing cloak...

-Baron Von Virtu
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-04 20:43   
Why do so many of you people think you should be able to fly into the middle of an enemy fleet, fire on them, and immediately avoid any consequences for your ship? As it is the K'luth have unbelievable abilities at hit and running, able to lead alot of ships astray trying to hunt you down.

Your current status is just fine, although I would be interested to see beacons be able to light you guys up like a christmas tree in the presence of enemy ships.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\r\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n
Site Director - The Darkspace Connection - http://www.3dap.com/darkspace

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-04 21:33   
Anyone who's think kluth is weakened or unbalanced has not played kluth in ver 1.483

The armor was crap, the hull was crap. and EVERY Ship can carry beacons if they choose to, and when they get beaconed. ur outta the game, period.

Now only about 4 ships have beacons, all are tiny and yummy to my Mandi. and becons can be overcome by cloack given time.

With the ECCM ping limited to 30sec cool down. I would not recomend changing it any more.

True, if u try to take on a larger group of icc or ugto (+4) u get pinged to death. and cloacking and decloaking takes forever around station.

But, 3 kluth dread working as a team will beat 4 dreads of any other kind.
(I know someones gonna say EAD's, but EAD's dont have eccm)

Kluth is a skill intensive, team work intensive faction, u have to manage Energy, Signature, and Weapons.

ICC take Energy, and Weapons,

Ugto is just Weapons.

However, in my opinion, Kluth is the most deadly and most survivable faction, as long as u dont do some thing stupid...
[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2009-01-04 21:36 ]

The Phoenix
1st Rear Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-01-04 23:21   
i second Delando and Jack here....when my main account was in The Brotherhood during it's original incarnation, we absolutely terrorized the MV as Kluth in .483, and that was with them being broken. noone could stop us. >:)

now,. with all these boosts, kluth are a LOT stronger, and should be feared.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023959 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR