Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Couple of Questions (Aimed at Dev's)
 Author Couple of Questions (Aimed at Dev's)
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-24 04:51   
Pres Gain scaling, does DS do this?

example; cruiser killing cruiser will gain more pres than a dread killing cruiser. just curious if this is in game or not.

~~~

Right click menus, are they on the agenda?

well not exactly right click, but a mouse menu of sorts.

if this is Not on the menu, let me tell you why in 3 quick points why it Should be.

1: eases the learning curve.
2: allows a venue for more advanced options in the future (ie, menu on friendly npc -> order)
3: makes the game dynamic. what i mean is, more than one way to do something.

~~~

AI's

now that the other thread has covered what a wonderfull addition these new neighbours are, can you give us a little bit of insite as to how they work. ie, can i order so and so frigate to follow me into combat. if so, how?

sall for now =)

Email Meko
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-12-24 05:40   
Quote:

On 2008-12-24 04:51, Meko wrote:
Pres Gain scaling, does DS do this?

example; cruiser killing cruiser will gain more pres than a dread killing cruiser. just curious if this is in game or not.

~~~

Right click menus, are they on the agenda?

well not exactly right click, but a mouse menu of sorts.

if this is Not on the menu, let me tell you why in 3 quick points why it Should be.

1: eases the learning curve.
2: allows a venue for more advanced options in the future (ie, menu on friendly npc -> order)
3: makes the game dynamic. what i mean is, more than one way to do something.

~~~

AI's

now that the other thread has covered what a wonderfull addition these new neighbours are, can you give us a little bit of insite as to how they work. ie, can i order so and so frigate to follow me into combat. if so, how?

sall for now =)

No, we don't do scaling based on that.
We work off the idea that a dread has much more hull than a cruiser, thus, the cruiser has more chance to get more prestige from the dread. The dread pilot theoreticly requires more prestige to rank up, and so would gain less prestige from killing a cruiser.

Example (for this lets say 100 hull = 100 prestige).

Cruiser = 500 hp
Dreadnaught = 2500 hp

A dread killing a cruiser, is going to get 500 prestige - not much when he needs X amount to rank up. Whereas the cruiser can get 2500 prestige. Theoreticly, he should have a friend, so that's more 1250 prestige. The cruiser pilot, in comparison to the dread pilot, has to get X/2 prestige to rank up (or X/4), therefor, scales pretty well.

As far as menues go, we might sort something out at some point with makes things slightly easier - like giving orders, etc.

AI, currently, cannot be ordered (order system is disabled). This is because we do not want every person playing to be fighting over who should get his own personal AI army. We don't think that's fair to begin with, and we don't want to create fueds.

What we want to do is aim towards where the AI are smart enough to respond to distress calls (which they currently do to some degree), and to supliment you. We might re-introduce the order system for the AI, but limit it to such things as defending planets, and attacking certain people.

I was throwing around the idea in my head the other day of having a limit to how many orders you can give at once, and to make command ships a bit more interesting, they could give x amount more. Meaning players in command dreads and stations could really command. But a command interface has always been in the books - we just don't know when we'll get to it, or what it'll be like when we do (much like the fighter interface).

Hope this answers your questions.
- Jack

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-24 11:35   
There is also a bit of prestige scaling in the sense that if a Grand Admiral dies in a cruiser, he might lose say 200 prestige, but if a Captain dies in a cruiser, he'd lose 75 pres.

I don't know what the actual numbers are, but it costs you less to die when you are lower ranked. Only Resources Lost works this way, though; you don't gain more prestige at different ranks.

Email Shigernafy
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-12-24 13:54   
Quote:

On 2008-12-24 05:40, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

I was throwing around the idea in my head the other day of having a limit to how many orders you can give at once, and to make command ships a bit more interesting, they could give x amount more. Meaning players in command dreads and stations could really command. But a command interface has always been in the books - we just don't know when we'll get to it, or what it'll be like when we do (much like the fighter interface).

Hope this answers your questions.
- Jack

Jack, i like that idea alot, because at the current moment they do not serve for much, i hope that ida gets going, it could bring new life to the command class.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-25 05:12   
Right on shig thats cool. gives ppl who are learning the art of RTFAing a chance.

another question i thought up after i posted this thread was this:

modual death:

so earlier i was in an assault cruiser and managed to evade my way outta a hellfire. so im busy dodging missiles and torps waiting for my jumpdrive to repair, so i find it on the list of mods to repair it first (by the way thats gotta be fixed. finding the JD when all your mods are being repaired is far too hard in the middle of combat)

so the jumpdrive is repaired and im dodging, its now in the recharge phaze, and once its recharged... nothing. its not on the 'need to be repaired list' and its fully recharged, i watched it... but its Dead. i cant ejump, and cant click on an object to warp away. i dodged fire for another few minuts going "srly wtf" in my head. then i got pointjumped and ganked... so why do i bring this up? well id like an explination. was the jumpdrive tied to another modual that was still dead? was my cruisers hull too low? or was it a bug

Email Meko
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2008-12-25 05:55   
right click your JD icon, the normal one, where it always is, and click repair first on the right side of the screen. Dont think this has been removed, but not sure.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-12-25 13:33   
Was there a dictor about? And also I've sometimes experienced that when a JD receives total 100% damage it won't come back online again. Sometimes docking & undocking fixes this, sometimes not (I've had to scrap a line station before because of it).

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Page created in 0.013071 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR