Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Feedback on AI Ships
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Feedback on AI Ships
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-12-21 13:53   
while i probably still cant play *grumble grumble*...
a patrol route of some kind for idol ships would be an excellent idea. another possible thing to do would be to create a "fleet pool" section, where idol ships go to await new orders. put an AI support station in each home system and have it be the pooling point. same station could be the AI's "command centre" and order ships out to do things if theres too many. maybe make AI ships choose randomly between patrolling or pooling if idol.

or is that an obscene amount of code? =P

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-12-21 17:40   
LARK! There have been a good number of improvements for Vista/Multicore users, and some bugfixes for you to try! Find that one major Vista thread & read Faust's post there!

Will try the AI soon hopefully, sounds like a good job thusfar though.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-23 10:38   
adding the AI ships to darkspace was the singlemost intelligent change the dev's have ever made. not only is it a lure for new players its a passtime for older players. in plain english, the MV is not boring anymore.

well done.

Email Meko
DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-12-23 11:00   
it is a good idea... but does the adminastrations and developers have the time to actualy inplement it?

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-12-23 11:21   
Quote:

On 2008-12-23 11:00, DarkSpin [repent] wrote:
it is a good idea... but does the adminastrations and developers have the time to actualy inplement it?

Darkspin, the've done it already... We have massive fleets of AI roaming the MV right now.. Get with the program yo!

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-12-23 14:59   
Quote:

On 2008-12-23 11:00, DarkSpin [repent] wrote:

You have to go in and try.

AI ships are overall a nice balance - not too agressive or too cowardly. Will take hull damage then run - don;t hurt too much but will hurt you a bit.

They attract combat - the supps will sup ya. Generally it;s all good.

One thing I'd like to see is the numbers of AI ships dynamically adjust to maintain some kind of balance in the key systems - i.e. if iCC have a fleet twice as powerful as everyone elses then there AI fleet is small and weedy whilst UGTO and Kluth get AI battle stations, supp stations, EADs and Siphons etc to even it out a bit

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2008-12-23 15:29   
Quote:

One thing I'd like to see is the numbers of AI ships dynamically adjust to maintain some kind of balance in the key systems - i.e. if iCC have a fleet twice as powerful as everyone elses then there AI fleet is small and weedy whilst UGTO and Kluth get AI battle stations, supp stations, EADs and Siphons etc to even it out a bit

That's already implemented... as the number of players increase for a given faction, the strength of the AI ships for that faction decrease...

we have the opposite system for the MI and Pirates... as players increase, the AI population increases.

-F

[ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2008-12-23 15:30 ]

Goto the website of Faustus
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2008-12-23 16:58   
Just 1 more suggestion, lower the base limit for when MV is empty. THere are to many AI, respawning to fast. I was in MV, with 3 luthies, doing nothing but shooting AI. When a Pirate STation spawned it attracted some attention, and we fought 2 other players, but for the rest, it was turning into grinding. The AI fighting is to profitable, the PvP combat gets ignored like this.

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-12-23 18:24   
Ok, i'd like to compliment who ever wrote the AI for the Krill.

I've had to track this ship across 3 systems before i finally got him. extremly slipery, unlinear behavior when attacked, very challenging hunt, almost mistook it for a player.

it does not cloake well, but other than that, it was very "human" AI.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-12-23 19:03   
I've seen the K'Luth AI cloak... It seems to be that they have a chance to cloak when their hull is below 50% just like the chance at jumping away they dont always do it but sometimes they do

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-12-23 19:13   
Yes, they can be quite slippery at times. I had a rather epic chase trying to kill a Clavate earlier, had to track his jump multiple times and then when I finally had him pinned he cloaked. Luckily he didn't hold it for long and I nailed him when he decloaked.

They should have some rule that if they're heavily damaged and cloaked, they shouldn't decloak until their hull is above some specific level. And then related rules that would ensure they had enough energy to stay cloaked until they had regenerated.

Email Jim Starluck
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-24 00:49   
Quote:
...lower the base limit for when MV is empty. ...

no. that would simply make it boring again.

Quote:
... but for the rest, it was turning into grinding. ... The AI fighting is to profitable, the PvP combat gets ignored like this.

again i disagree. sure the grinding of npc's is something ppl may do. but this also sets them up nicely for you to point jump and gank them. thus pvp is more... spontanious now.

nothin like having some guy gettin hulled by some NPC's, then you hop in a dictor and go tackle him and finish him off. imagin the smack on /y chat. ohh man id need a bucket for my tears of laughter.

Email Meko
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-12-24 07:39   
Quote:

On 2008-12-24 00:49, Meko wrote:
Quote:
...lower the base limit for when MV is empty. ...

no. that would simply make it boring again.

Quote:
... but for the rest, it was turning into grinding. ... The AI fighting is to profitable, the PvP combat gets ignored like this.

again i disagree. sure the grinding of npc's is something ppl may do. but this also sets them up nicely for you to point jump and gank them. thus pvp is more... spontanious now.

nothin like having some guy gettin hulled by some NPC's, then you hop in a dictor and go tackle him and finish him off. imagin the smack on /y chat. ohh man id need a bucket for my tears of laughter.

So what do you do when two or even the majority of all three factions band together for mutual prestige farming of AI?

I mean, you get two or three people on each side together in one place in big enough ships, working together, well. Thats a slight bit harder to budge than just 'point jump and gank them', especially if they're grinding with a station.

Which isn't hard to do, incase you're wondering.

On a side note, AI ships are smarter, but they have an irritating disposition to fight on their own sometimes.

AI ships would be alot more deadly if they decided to work as a coherent group rather than a scattered force being picked off one by one.

-Ent

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-12-24 07:42   
well ive not experienced that if i saw a normal player id go for him in stead of the AI

but to make really if we are to hav the AI roaming round i think the mods/devs need to set the AI so that each ship has twice the speed and twice the amount of fire power that a normal ship would hav so here is an example of a ship that i know the layout of

the battle station

normal layout

8 QSTs (6 of which can be fired at one time)
8 HCLs (7 of which can be fired at one time)
4 missile slots (3 of which can be fired at one time)
6 SCLs (5 of which can be fired at one time)
4 fighter slots
max speed of 6 GU
2 armor rings on each side

now this is the set up for if it was the AI e.g pirates and MI (the pirates and MI should hav twice the amount of weapons armor and speed)

altered weapon layout for the Battle station

16 QSTs
16 HCLs
8 Missile slots
12 SCLs
8 Fighter slots
max speed of 12 GU
4 armor rings on each side

now that is wat im hoping the mods/admins can do this for the MI and Pirates AI ships (that means all the ships being used in the script) all that needs doing is looking at standard layout then doubling most of except the jump drive and special equipment that way it might stop single players attacking the AI ships on their own.

As i found out yesterday i was in my Battle Station and jumped the Pirate Station that was around a defended planet and it was only just able to get thru my armor to my hull and by that time he was down to 30 Hull.

So i REALLY like the AI but atm they are too easy to kill so its needed to double their attack defence and speed to compensate for the AI.... so instead of lowing the pres gain from wat it is just raise the Stats on them ships and keep the same pres gain.

[ This Message was edited by: SantaShadow™ *FC*(Snow Of Darkness) on 2008-12-24 08:18 ]

HMSBlueprint

Posted: 2008-12-24 08:35   
ai ships rule, they can actually have some level of difficulty
i mean, its not hard, but its a start.
[ This Message was edited by: HMS Snowpwint :) on 2008-12-24 08:35 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023720 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR