No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Feedback on AI Ships
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Feedback on AI Ships
0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2008-12-24 10:41   
I don't know if this belongs here but there is no transport ships in UGTO server, there’s plenty of starports but not a single transport...there’s Pirates that are slowly taking over and no UGTO AI's to fight them.

Just found that kind of strange.

Goto the website of 0stego
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-12-24 10:54   
AI transports for ferrying goods have been disabled - they're only used to capture planets now. This is so that we have more processing power to spread around to the AI that's actually doing something. Otherwise we're waisting a lot of processing power on 90+ ships per side just ferrying goods around.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2008-12-24 10:55 ]

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-24 11:23   
Quote:
Posted by Ent

So what do you do when two or even the majority of all three factions band together for mutual prestige farming of AI?

in that case, it doesnt matter how the AI's are.

whenever do the 'dont shoot, im only killing AI's'.... well they get shot anyways. if you dont want to be shot by me and cohorts then be on our faction >.<

Email Meko
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-12-24 11:53   
Quote:

On 2008-12-24 10:54, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
AI transports for ferrying goods have been disabled - they're only used to capture planets now. This is so that we have more processing power to spread around to the AI that's actually doing something. Otherwise we're waisting a lot of processing power on 90+ ships per side just ferrying goods around.

So there's no interplanetary trade at all? What's the point of having Starports, then?

And didn't Faustus say the other day that even with all the AI it's only using 1% of the server's processing capacity?

Email Jim Starluck
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-12-24 12:02   
Trading still happens - there's just no transports, as it's now done silently between planets. Plus, with the AI script, it's hard to class a transport that only ferries goods, and one that's intended to capture a planet with infantry. Technically, there's no difference between them.

0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2008-12-24 17:07   
So what about all the other AI's like scouts supply’s ext. I see them in Sagittarius server but no where else. Be nice if AI's would help defend home systems..hard when you’re the only one on an ICC, UGTO or K'luth server and pirates starting attacking systems with stations, cruisers, destroyers ext. :s

Goto the website of 0stego
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-12-24 17:34   
There were all the usual combat ships in the ICC server back when it was first started up. Perhaps they only start spawning when there are unoccupied or enemy planets in the server? That would help keep down on server load when there's nothing going on in the home systems.

Email Jim Starluck
Jamesbond
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-07 21:14   
Yall really need to fix these stupid MI. I dunno why it is but earlier when we were trying to cap a planet 10+ MI dreads come out and go through the planet. I know I shoulda screenshot it but I was more worried about trying to bomb inf.

Also why can they know exactly where you are jumping to even if you jump some 40k away? I mean its kinda pointless to do bombing of a planet specially in proc since there are MI every and if you go to a planet to get troops or repair and an MI is there than they automatically follow you EVERYWHERE.

Email Jamesbond
DarkCloudd
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-08 12:07   
If they dont already I think the AI ships when they need repair or resupply should jump to the nearest ally supply ship, so if someone is trying to get supply prestige then we dont have to go hunting for the ships or try to contend with the planets they are orbiting and getting repaired by. Other than that I cant think of anything else that needs to change.

RonZo *FC*
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-01-08 15:31   
Hi!

One thing about "ORDERS". I was told that it was disable because of players abuse. I think that AIs play an important role, mostly on repairs when ur alone or with 2 more buddies. I saw AI has orders on it and u can cancel their orders. Maybe, u can enable that order so WE CAN ACTUALLY CONTROL THEM but in a limited way to avoid abuse. For example:

When combat: ORder attack X player.. well, no more than 3 or 5 AI ships will accept that order, like balanced, dependeding on what ship class ur dealing with.

When repairing, capping, building same. A balanced acceptation of orders by AI and also, ORDERS can only be enabled for FLEET ADMIRAL and above?

Another possible addition is that u can only give an order (whoever, whenever) like every 10 minutes or 30 minutes, that will reduce abbusing too.

I think orders MUST BE ON.

** Yesterday we tryed to cap MYCOPIA and NECROPH and instantly it revolt to pirate.. saw it capped like 10 times including me a bug?

Great job guyz! AI rules!

RonZo.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-01-08 16:06   
We will not be enabling AI's to restock platforms. As said above its a human task, the second reason is because if we dont put in stop checks then the servers will be flooded with platforms.

If human players are the sole maintainers of the platforms then it builds in a limited life cycle which helps keep down platform counts.

Email Tael
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-08 16:21   
Quote:

On 2009-01-08 15:31, RonZo *CL* wrote:

Great job guyz! AI rules!

I hope thats Sarcasm.

AI seems to be poorly implemented right now, I'm guessing they didn't expect players to flock to AI instead of players.

But as it stands, AI are far to easy to make prestige off of. They revolt planets and always respawn, and their not really great at being a real threat in combat.

AI shouldn't revolt a planet right off the bat when they have no planets left, it should be random and verrying lengths of time.

Email Supertrooper
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.031732 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR