Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » New Players earning Prestige
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author New Players earning Prestige
*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-12-04 21:04   
A really simple question, How are NEW players supposed to earn prestige without getting bored and never coming back?

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-12-04 22:00   
I have to agree, the other day. I took a new player into newb (painful) and see there is no map rotation. so all the planets were built up an everything.

I couldnt even teach him how to bomb or build, or even cap planets and since new players cant get sups straight away, its very deficult to gain press on a steep learnign curve in DS, so i ended up taking in to MV where i could access bigger ships to show him what can be done. since he still do so little. he ended up being bored an left.

even if its a 24 hour rotation on newb, atleast it gives new players to learn how to play darkspace.

x_KiLLa_x
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-12-05 15:18   
Due to the lack of player base in Dark Space we need to focus on the little guys. As most of the oldies are gone or lobby camping we need to make newbs main priority because I was once a young midsmanship at one point in 2001 and got bored due to a slumping newb server then returned again in 2002 when noob server was pure havoc and chaos those where fun day's....

You modify noob server and allow them to rank up to atleast a captain without subing and you will have some hardcore DS fanatic's such as myself and accouple other older vet's. I really would like to see DS expand to its former glory days...

Missing the action of 50 v 50 v 50 fleets was very fun and Darkspace is meant to be played that way not these 1v1 / duels that most noobs believe show their expierance . Tactic's in a 1 v 1 mean nothing this game is about fleet support and teamwork and with 12 people logging into MV its pretty much pointless having such a vase ship class.

Eigther we focus on the new guys or decrease the need of a fleet based game. I wouldn't even mind staying in n00b server and helpout any newcomer's back then they had admins doing that now admins just ignore the lil guys and continue chatting with DS buddy's which does not provide expansion for the game.

Well thats just my 2cent's

hope all is well BTW Whats up Pakhos !!!!!????

Email x_KiLLa_x   Goto the website of x_KiLLa_x
x_KiLLa_x
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-12-05 15:23   
Once they see they can fly better ships by ranking up they will want more and more bigger ships !! So give atleast a 1week trail for all noobs.. That way they can jump into dessies and feel like they are being rewarded for their time not just wasting time in deep space.

Email x_KiLLa_x   Goto the website of x_KiLLa_x
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-12-05 15:32   
Is it an idea to do one of the following two, maybe?

1) Have coupons yield an amount of prestige that will immediately bump you up to, say, Ensign? Maybe a bit higher, but players can only get prestige more easily when they hit Ensign. From Midshipman to Ensign is... hell. You basically have to scourge and trouble for some empty planets to cap since you sure as hell can't do anything else.

2) Make Ensign the lowest possible rank for subbed players, and make Midshipman an "unsubscribed only" rank. This will also provide the same measure as 1), except that you remove the demerit from Ensign to Midshipman. Personally I think that is a negligable demerit and would be an excellent sacrifice to give something to newcomers.

... Of course, third idea is for many players to fly as Frigates, but I doubt that's feasible/attractive.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-12-05 16:36   
Quote:

Well thats just my 2cent's

hope all is well BTW Whats up Pakhos !!!!!????

Alive and kicking! We need you back soon!

Bryghtblade
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-01 08:02   
I've just come back to DS after a lengthy break, and meet to newbie players who after just a couple of hours got totally bored and left as they could do nothing to earn prestiged.some thing must be done to help get the newbies on the prestige ladder or the customer base will shrink,not grow and any business person will tell you that leads to a business failure in the end,so come on DS help the new guy to have some fun!

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-01-01 12:04   
Midshipmen have access to a Supply Frigate that can be used to repair larger ships - a LOT of prestige can be gained that way - especially if the brave little soul does so in combat

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Xsnip3rX
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-01 14:38   
Quests to earn prestige, For example:

Mine 500 resources from X planet and kill X NPC, earns you X amount of Prestige.

Email Xsnip3rX
FearNick
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-01 15:27   
I have to agree i brought 2 friends with me to try this game out and im haveing a hard time even getting them past the first rank... they have both been playing for 2 days now and the highest one has gotten 35prestige and thats with atleast 20+ hours of gameplay. Maybe adding a supply ship or something useful to a noob in the MV would help. Like others have previously said they cant really build they cant bomb and its tough for them to even cap things so that leaves them with one option flying around in a interceptor frigate and try to dodge the countless number of AI stations blowing up everywhere.

Email FearNick
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-01 15:36   
I've actually added a supply frigate to each faction. It was supposed to be a surprise of sorts. Problem is, I cannot figure out why they haven't shown up in-game yet...

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-01-01 15:38   
Yeah they have - I used one yesterday.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-04-20 15:36   
Quote:

On 2009-01-01 15:36, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
I've actually added a supply frigate to each faction. It was supposed to be a surprise of sorts. Problem is, I cannot figure out why they haven't shown up in-game yet...

Just like to point out i destroyed two HC's with an Aphid.

Even if i only got them from 50% shields/Armour that's still pretty stupid a Cadet frig could do that. The newbies should try doing that after they learn to fly with a member.

[ This Message was edited by: Pixer on 2009-04-20 16:41 ]

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2009-04-20 20:35   
For a super-new player, the best bet would be to have them follow you in a supply ship until they learn to jump, follow, use f2, understand orbiting, gates, attacking, energy (what it effects and how it is lost), etc.

jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-04-20 23:41   
>>DarkSpace
>>Steep learning curve

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030842 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR