No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Repairing
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Repairing
Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-12-02 17:38   
Just a thought.

At the moment we rarely have more than 3-4 people in a battle so can;t really afford to have more than 1 on supp all the time (if that) . Also given that supps are so slow they don;t do much anyway to keep combat going and sup plats / depots are too slow to help much more than ammo, quick top ups etc.

The problem that this has is that the combat ships take severe damage so pull out to get repaired. However because the reps take a long time - 5-10 mins for a dread - it might take 20 mins to get the whole fleet supped.

That down time makes combat very frustrating. Either you wait 20 mins for all to get fixed - or you charge in againt 3-4 enemy and get to 10% hull very quickly.

If combat is either punctuated by long waits between bouts or over v quickly people will get bored and leave - therefore no combat.

One way to combat this would be to reduce the time taken to get supped. Why not make planetary depots and supply plats 3x more effective (say like a SS) and make each repair drone bay 2x as effective. Supp pres would need to be halved to compensate.

Doing this wold mean that the down time between fights would be reduced, making them more free flowing but wouldn;t mean that sup pilots get more pres per hour.

Anyone got any thoughts?

ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-02 18:30   
In this version, whoever has the biggest rank wins.

Use your support station, takes less time

Email ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame]
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-12-02 18:31   
althought this would be good for fights, if we get more press for supping some might call it farming. Though i do suggest speeding up supply plats and depots.

Email -Shadowalker-™
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-12-02 18:32   
Quote:

On 2008-12-02 18:30, Fatal ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame] wrote:
In this version, whoever has the biggest rank wins.

Use your support station, takes less time

Not every one in the game at one time can get a ss.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-12-02 18:48   
Quote:

On 2008-12-02 18:31, Walker of shadows wrote:
althought this would be good for fights, if we get more press for supping some might call it farming. Though i do suggest speeding up supply plats and depots.

But you wouldn't get more pres for supping.

Sup faster but get less press so net neutral effect on pres.

As an example.

Lets say that at the moment I can sup full time for 1 hour and earn 250 pres. That 1 hour represents say 6 dreads brought back from 5% hull.

change that so that I earn 1/2 the press per dread but repair twice the number of dreads.

so in 1 hour I supp 12 dreads back from 5% hull but earn 250 pres.

Assuming that I had say 3 dreads in combat, at the moment, the ywould each have combat say twice in one hour. ( 2 cycles of undamaged ship fights - get damaged - withdraws for suppage) Under this proposal tha twould go up to 4 cycles of combat.

the great thing about that is that it would make poepl less likely to log. I think at the moment we just start to get a battle going then one side has to repair - the tehr side gets bored so do something else so combat stops.

The new people enter the MV - see nothing happening so do something else.

If you can break that cycle and have more going on then peope will be less likely to leave due to boredom and then as people do leave to sleep or something there might already be someone in the MV to carry on the fight

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-12-02 18:53   
Quote:

One way to combat this would be to reduce the time taken to get supped. Why not make planetary depots and supply plats 3x more effective (say like a SS) and make each repair drone bay 2x as effective. Supp pres would need to be halved to compensate.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Depots no, platforms no. Earlier today , i grabed my Colony and went near a ugto planet which had 6 supply platforms. I couldnt believe what i have seen . I was making an alpha on a platform , droping it to 3% hull and it was gaining hull and armor so quick before my weapons get charged again. I had to wait for a dread to come and help me kill it after 10 mins. I dont know if it is bug tho. But if it wasnt a bug , making them 3 times faster to repair would be wrong.

Also making depots repair faster also will help you repair armor faster than anything .Which means icc will be out of the game again because of the repair time and back in combat ability.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-12-02 19:05   
1.) lol, i do agree that the repair time for ships is far to great, but maybe the awnser is not increasing the suppy, but reducing the ship repair time.
2.) idk if what pakhos was a bug or not, but that would get me angry to see that.
3.) to pakhos: the ICC where ever really in the game?

[ This Message was edited by: Spirit Of Fire on 2008-12-02 19:06 ]

*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-12-02 19:46   
Am not gonna say much at all other then i totally agree with Dion.

[ This Message was edited by: *Nemesis*© on 2008-12-02 19:46 ]

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-12-02 22:59   
I kinda like the long repair times.

In the many years I've played this game (uphill, in the snow, barefoot on broken glass while carrying Shigernafy piggy back) - there's always been those times when you simply had to engage in combat as-is because your faction needed your firepower right now not in a few minutes.

I think slower repair times helps to create situations where it's not always optimal for everyone - everything isn't always perfect and all the hull/armor isn't always at 100% every time you begin a battle.

I guess that's the long way of saying, I think rapid repair would dramatically alter gameplay.

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-12-03 00:28   
Quote:

On 2008-12-02 22:59, Fornax wrote:
I kinda like the long repair times.

In the many years I've played this game (uphill, in the snow, barefoot on broken glass while carrying Shigernafy piggy back) - there's always been those times when you simply had to engage in combat as-is because your faction needed your firepower right now not in a few minutes.

I think slower repair times helps to create situations where it's not always optimal for everyone - everything isn't always perfect and all the hull/armor isn't always at 100% every time you begin a battle.

I guess that's the long way of saying, I think rapid repair would dramatically alter gameplay.

exactly. this game is built for 100's on at a time. not a small ammount. until we get our numbers back. we will not know exactly what needs to be improved. i like this long repair system, it brings in stratigy, and management of your vessal.

not always running in with all buns blazing works!

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-03 01:18   
problem! doing this would bring it out of balance. you need to get the same pres for same amount of repairs and it needs to be at a certain time. chance of change : 0.0000000001%.
besides, you can get 5+ on each side anyway.

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-03 06:53   
as little as my opinion counts for in this place, i agree with fornax on this, id say the bigger issue is all the pres lost/ bugs in this version causing people to play with so much more... security, back in the day losing a dread was fun, and we tried to time it right, so it would explode on someone else... Yet now, you lose a dread and its the end of the world, you look at your pres and lose everything you've gained all day, and when you quit playing ds, you leave with a bad taste in your mouth. Duels are suposed to be to the death. by the RoC (Seriously, its in there) yet this doesn't happen because of the large pres lost afterwards... and yeah im rambling, but i agree with fornax.

Ceriodaphnia * | * Zer0
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-03 14:45   
I do agree that the repair time is a little to much at our current playerbase.
But I can also see the problems to decrease the repair time.

And its quite unbalanced aswell, making combat alot less "rewardable".
The loss of pres "tastes" alot more cause the lack of good combat which won't give you much pres at all...
Which would increase the need of supply but theres no manpower for it and it will take ages.
(not to mention, if you got bad luck you get jumped while having 20% hull and getting supped - Part of the game so no whine about that )

*Go and do something else to regain the pres!
- Im quite tired of building and ive not even got the platinum badge yet(150 Construction away ) & I can imagine how it would feel to be a high rank who has been building like a maniac to reach the rank he's today and now have to build even more to even remain there, I mean.. Is this game all about building to get pres? Cause it seems like its the best way to earn pres so the other "goals" of the game kinda vanish away somehow.

Always when I log its like theres a swarm of k'luth and it doesn't really feel its necessary to even fight, I actually don't feel its any use to login anymore as I know how it will turn out..
Im not saying its wrong to choose a faction that you like and want to play but the problem still remains.

And the fights won't last for long and its always one faction which has to pull out and wait 20-30 mintues to get it up(and it doesn't need to be 100% hull, it still takes ages - That is based on the unbalance of the game)
But as I said, I can still see the problems with descreasing the repair time or increasing the repair speed on the depots/plats/etc.

Don't take this as whine, cause im not doing so, see this more like a point of view from an alone UGTO(atm xD) player

So, how about you make key structures or so, that you only can build on total of 2 planets of your factions. Which will work as a depot but faster, ofc this one should need alot of manpower and energy as it is like a shipyard but actually repairing This will make planets more valuable and more needed to protect and cap/recap or just bomb and will give the player a reason to actually log in and fight and protect.
Then again, it can seem abit off the road but its just a suggestion
Cause theres not much to fight for in MV anymore, its only to play4pres and it can become abit boring after 2 hours of building or so ^^

Peace

[ This Message was edited by: Ceriodaphnia * | * ZeR0 * on 2008-12-03 14:49 ]

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-12-04 11:07   
Wait a sec, why are ur guys keeping ships that are at 5%?

If ur damaged below 50% hull, just get a NEW ship from the sy.

repairing a ship from 5% is waste of time, unless ur got a 5+ supp/plats.
It not like ur losing pres from removing a damged ship, and u dont need to waste time modding in 1.500

Problem solved?

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-04 12:10   
Lol, and we have a winner! although, what about people(like me) who have a veriety of ships in their arsenal(bombers, dessie's, crusiers, suppies) and such?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022639 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR