No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » improving Darkspace
 Author improving Darkspace
xTx
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-11-29 17:53   
Nobody can argue with the fact that Darkspace is dieng in its present form and i think the following ideas would greatly improve the game. I want everyone to know that these are not my ideas but were put forward by different people in the past.

1/ It should be possible to fly into a system but not through it, until your faction has control of that system. This would focus the combat into the systems that are being fought over and make ever system and planet important again. The way it is now combat is over neutral planets that mean nothing, if we are in combat just to gain prez and a kill count rather than conquer territory then combat is meaningless and boring.

2/ Faction hopping to turn off planet def is a major problem and needs to be address, making a person stay in a faction for at least 7 days would put an end to this abuse of the game.

3/ Either do away with building or change it, when im forced to read a book or watch tv while building to keep from being bored should tell you there is a problem here, Darkspace should be a fun and challenging game to play, its not even close to that now.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-29 18:24   
bing bing More AI! bing bing More AI! bing bing More AI!
would be nice to have ship-ship AI spawn when under ** players.

Ceriodaphnia * | * Zer0
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-29 19:36   
Quite nice ideas there xTx ( Know it wasnt you who came up with em but your brought them up )

And Iwan, that is already being created, its prolly just about time and effort before its up and running.

Hard part here is that you don't have a clue what the staff have in mind. What ideas they have nor what they are working on.
And I think its more important to fix the existing bugs before actually put even more stuff into the game which would probably create even more bugs and after a while the game will be renamed to Bugspace rather than AwesomeSpace.

But, back to the topic

I like the idea of not being allowed to jump through a system. It will also solve the problem were you sometimes login and don't really know where the battle is.

I don't really have my own ideas yet, or I know i got some in my head somewhere But, yeah alcohol sure can make it abit, you know.. xD
ANYWAY!
Improve the AI for the Trannies, I mean. Is the pilot of the tranny stupid?
"OMG! The planet is shooting at us! Okey! Let's orbit and shoot it with our awesome pwnz0r Laz0rs *PEW PEW*"

Maybe its time to get new items? Ships, weapons etc. Many people have been whining about they miss modding and such. So if you add more choices you maybe are able to make a ship which would fit your way of fighting...

mjaow Cerio ( Took me about 1 hour to write this post haha )

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-11-30 03:12   
i cant understand why ppl want to play vs ai`s ...their so boring and predictable..just doin the same thing over and over again..no fun in that..i even heard they where bringin in ai fleets so that there always is ppl in the metaverse...i want to play vs players, not ai`s.

And just to point out how bad it is heres an example:

Ai`s ships where spawning at a gate, both Ugto and Icc went there. Then i started shooting at the icc rather then the Ai`s. What happen? the players where whining at me because i didnt shoot the ai`s!!
[ This Message was edited by: Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] on 2008-11-30 03:16 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-11-30 03:26   
Really, you should read this part of forum xTx.

Read it good, and come back to say something .

http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=45536&forum=1&start=0

Tommeh94
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-30 07:42   
so basically, xTx you are a hypocrite saying that the vets shouldn't moan about the game, then you start moaning about it yourself.

befuddled
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-30 10:09   
I joined during 1.480 or 81 (forget which) and what appealed to me then were the 2 to 3 hour scenarios stuck in one system. Quick planet caps, rush to develop planets and tech, fight over planets with resources vital to building certain weapon classes, capping other players planets for some of their tech with which to mod one's ships, raging battles with dozens of players in each faction, pack hunting, attempting to survive while being hunted; it was guaranteed excitement.

I remember complaints at the time that this tended to suck players away from the MV, but it was only once I had prezzed up sufficiently in the scenarios that could appreciate some of its appeal. Even then, it was only as part of a group (GTN then) that I felt it wothwhile to venture in there with a goal in mind. Rather than waiting for something to happen, I could be battling away in scenario mode and then be called into MV when help was needed.

When the scenario modes faded away, I'd log in less and less, loiter in MV for a bit, then, lacking any real sense of objective, I'd log off. Eventually, I let my sub lapse. I'd check in every six months or so to see what was happening.

I've resubbed for 1.5, hoping to rekindle the same sense of fun that I used to get, but even now on a wet Sunday afternoon on the last day of November, there are almost no players and they are spread over a massive universe. It's like playing five-a-side Sabuteo on a life size football pitch.

(Link to game for Americans who might not know what I'm talking about: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/290595)

My recomendation for improvement would thus be to bring back the short, sharp encounters in which newcomers can earn their way up all the ranks, and then those who want the lengthier, strategic experience can then move on to the MV if they so choose. Possibly reserve the gaining of the Marshall ranks to the MV as an extra incentive.

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-30 10:43   
Go read the latest news on the home page.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2008-11-30 11:21   
Quote:

On 2008-11-29 18:24, Fatal Iwancoppa *F.I.T* wrote:
bing bing More AI! bing bing More AI! bing bing More AI!
would be nice to have ship-ship AI spawn when under ** players.

I agree more AI hostile ships would be a great improvement, that way if no ones on you’re not just mindlessly flying around looking for a planet to cap ext. Rebelled planets could be sending out pirate vessels to secure more planets and resources for themselves as well as a means for protecting the rebels planet it’s self.

Goto the website of 0stego
Page created in 0.014687 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR