No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » Terran Leaders Call For New Fleet
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Terran Leaders Call For New Fleet
0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2008-11-21 11:17   
Today Terran leaders on home planet Earth called for the formation of a new military task force named UAC (United Armed Corps) to aid in the struggle to maintain a lawful environment for UGTO trade, due to current enforcement procedures lawless acts of piracy and smuggling have been able to run rampant in UGTO systems affecting populated planets and trade routes. To add to the lawless acts being committed the ICC, K'luth and MI factions continue to encroach into UGTO space and destroy our outposts and mining colony's in order to claim dominance. The UAC is a military funded fleet where the main mission is to protect UGTO space from hostile invaders and to secure existing UGTO trade routes and open new ones as seen fit in hostile systems.

*Official UAC Recruitment speech*
Attention pilots; The terran world’s council has commissioned a task force to be assembled due to the recent spike in smuggling and pirate activity. To add to system disturbances the ICC, K'luth and MI continue to encroach on UGTO space, all UGTO loyal patrons with able vessels are asked to bare arms and join up with the (U.A.C) United Armed Corps to rid humanity of these threats.
*For Humanity and Justice, Hail UAC.*

To enquirer about enrollment to the United Armed Corps contact 1st Rear Admiral 0stego or apply at our fleet office.

* This Ad was paid for by the Terran Military Recruitment Agency.

[ This Message was edited by: 0stego on 2008-11-21 11:20 ]
[ This Message was edited by: 0stego (Recruiting) on 2009-01-01 02:11 ]

Goto the website of 0stego
0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2008-11-23 10:20   
Bump !

UAC needs recruits willing to stand up for UGTO space.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-23 13:11   
Bump !
i have a feeling ICC and K'luth would wipe them out first thing.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-11-23 17:34   
UGTO is headquartered on Mars.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-11-23 18:20   
UGTO NEWS: Confusion over UGTO HQ Location.

Recently, newly-trained forces comprising the new fleetgroup callsigned the "UAC" were embarassed to find that they had, in fact, landed on the wrong planet. However, a subsequent investigation revealed that the fault was primarily due to a navigation system problem, rather than human error.

During the final shakedowns of their new vessels, procedure required that they test their navigation computer's optical navigation system, an array of high-powered telescopes employed in the case of an otherwise total navigation sensor failure. Using a complex optical recognition program, the system was designed to differentiate the blue pearl of our homeworld from the somewhat reddish partially-terraformed planet of Mars.

Unfortunately, ICC forces had earlier attempted a daring decapitation strike on UGTO leaders, making the assumption that our leaders would be on Earth. Reports suggest that the enemy fleet commander said something along the lines of "Come on, it's Earth! If I was an UGTO leader, I'd totally be there!"
As a result, the optical navigation system aboard the UCS vessels detected a red planet and a radioactive hellhole. Making the assumption that one of them HAD to be Earth, it decided that the less red one was Earth and set course for "HQ."

Upon arrival at the rapidly-reconstructing home planet, UCS units disengaged their backup navigation and reactivated normal sensors, which promptly informed them that they were, in fact, on Earth. "I suppose they packed up the whole two-hundred-kilometre HQ complex and moved it here, then?" One captain was reported as saying. Shrugging their collective shoulders, their commander delivered an impassioned speech, which was recieved with many a mutter of "er, what?" but having a dreadnaught in orbit does disincline one to argue too loudly with the people on the podium.

Having resolved this issue with a quick call to Mars, UGTO fleet commanders quickly attributed the problem to "human error" on the part of the ICC attackers. Their disciplinary hearings have been deferred until such time as they have been hunted down and captured and/or exploded.

This is UGTO News, bringing you the most competitive news.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-11-23 18:23   
Quote:

On 2008-11-23 18:20, Gejaheline wrote:
UGTO NEWS: Confusion over UGTO HQ Location.

Recently, newly-trained forces comprising the new fleetgroup callsigned the "UAC" were embarassed to find that they had, in fact, landed on the wrong planet. However, a subsequent investigation revealed that the fault was primarily due to a navigation system problem, rather than human error.

During the final shakedowns of their new vessels, procedure required that they test their navigation computer's optical navigation system, an array of high-powered telescopes employed in the case of an otherwise total navigation sensor failure. Using a complex optical recognition program, the system was designed to differentiate the blue pearl of our homeworld from the somewhat reddish partially-terraformed planet of Mars.

Unfortunately, ICC forces had earlier attempted a daring decapitation strike on UGTO leaders, making the assumption that our leaders would be on Earth. Reports suggest that the enemy fleet commander said something along the lines of "Come on, it's Earth! If I was an UGTO leader, I'd totally be there!"
As a result, the optical navigation system aboard the UCS vessels detected a red planet and a radioactive hellhole. Making the assumption that one of them HAD to be Earth, it decided that the less red one was Earth and set course for "HQ."

Upon arrival at the rapidly-reconstructing home planet, UCS units disengaged their backup navigation and reactivated normal sensors, which promptly informed them that they were, in fact, on Earth. "I suppose they packed up the whole two-hundred-kilometre HQ complex and moved it here, then?" One captain was reported as saying. Shrugging their collective shoulders, their commander delivered an impassioned speech, which was recieved with many a mutter of "er, what?" but having a dreadnaught in orbit does disincline one to argue too loudly with the people on the podium.

Having resolved this issue with a quick call to Mars, UGTO fleet commanders quickly attributed the problem to "human error" on the part of the ICC attackers. Their disciplinary hearings have been deferred until such time as they have been hunted down and captured and/or exploded.

This is UGTO News, bringing you the most competitive news.

when in doubt, blame someone else

Email Borgie
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-23 18:33   
Out of curiosity, where does is say the UGTO is headquartered on Mars?

Email Tbone
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-11-23 18:43   
Lrn2Documents

Some other places too I think.

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-23 18:56   
See, the problem there is this:

http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?lang=en&sid=1482302407&module=document.php&doc_id=14

That makes no mention of Mars. Also, the above is the place you would look first, as its the "History" link above "Documents." It's also mostly from here: http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=17041&forum=121&0

The UGTO may very well be back on Earth, its hard to say.

Email Tbone
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-11-23 19:04   
I think it was Draf that had mentioned the UGTO HQ on mars as well. It would stand to reason that its Earth but I think having it on Mars really shows who pays attention to the details

I'll go with undecided at this point, but I've said for years that its on Mars and no ones ever corrected me till now... lets pester Draf about it now!

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-23 19:27   
according to the "old darkspace history"...

The outcome of the meetings between the Martian colonial government and the Earth's newly appointed Galactic Coordination Committee was the independence of Luna and Mars as their own sovereign worlds, and the formation of a Galactic governing body to be known as the United Galactics Trade Organization (UGTO). The UGTO was formed to look out for the well being of all the member planets and was made up of representatives chosen from all of the planets. Tensions ran high between Earth and Mars for years and although there were quite a few "incidents, no conflicts broke out. "Olympus Mons on Mars was soon chosen as the site for the UGTOs new headquarters and campus, and Earth was no longer the prime focus of human activity.

This seems to have been left out of the new documents...on purpose or not I don't know

0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2008-11-24 12:00   
Wow, I asked for recruits not for everyone and there grand mother to flame my thread. Mars, Luna, Earth..who cares, I chose to use earth because that's where humans started out.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-11-24 12:20   
Don't sweat it, You can have your HQ on Earth. Other fleets fiction has them on other planets to.

But if you want recruits you might want to consider conscripting them in the Lobby. as its highly unlikely that they will join you trough the forums.

In addition, bumping isn't considered a good thing to do. (but i have never heard of people getting a warning about it either.)

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-11-24 16:52   
yeah, like VCA, our fleet headquarters is(was) based in the old Wolf system. now, it's struve. (wherever it may be)

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-11-24 20:17   
Quote:

On 2008-11-24 12:00, 0stego (Recruiting) wrote:
Wow, I asked for recruits not for everyone and there grand mother to flame my thread. Mars, Luna, Earth..who cares, I chose to use earth because that's where humans started out.

Flame, moi? I was just attempting to make someone's easy-to-make mistake into a bit of lighthearted humour. I do apologise if I offend.
Naturally, the UN's HQ is on Mars, but I don't see why other fleets can't have their field HQs elsewhere.

I'd try and make an organisational chart of existing DarkSpace fleets, but I suspect my head would explode.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025076 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR