No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » What ships need boosting?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author What ships need boosting?
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-11-19 22:03   
wow, this actually sounds like a good idea, and easly done. good job.
but yea, all very good points, and i think it would adress alot of the problems. good idea.

(why diddent i think of this O.o)

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-11-19 22:25   
You just gave me an idea, Shig. Something to potentially replace the Aux Gen with.

Auxilliary Capacitors/Batteries/Whatever. Doesn't increase your regen, but DOES provide a hefty increase to maximum power capacity.

Email Jim Starluck
Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-19 22:56   
Thanks for clearing that up shig . Okay so maybe the torp cruiser does deserve an extra aux gen so that it has a little more freedom to run around.

I'd say then that if the TC were to get a third gen then so too should the Assault cruiser which is even MORE power hungry, however these are all things that would really need to be tested.

K'luth players, I would like to hear from you too! If you feel any ships need minor tweaks, please feel free to add to this thread.

Regarding K'luth armor and hull repair rate:

Okay so its become pretty clear cut now, that hull takes waaay to long to repair. K'luth armor seems to have roughly the same consistency as UGTO standard armor, however it regens almost faster than ICC shields.

So how do people feel about hull repair rate being increased across the board, and the repair rate of K'luth organic armor being decreased. With maybe choices of assorted armors becoming available to them.

I'm trying to keep this thread about tweaking individual setup but I've more or less commented on everything that I've really noticed so far. That leaves it up to you guys to try and come up with anything else too add.

This doesn't mean look for problems that aren't there lol, but if you are using a ship and it seems deficient beyond normal reasoning, please share your experience and any suggestions you may have.

[ This Message was edited by: Supreme Potentate Tiffy Rando on 2008-11-19 22:58 ]

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-20 00:50   
Personaly, i find the K'luth ships are fine but they could do with options for the armour, i cant stand been cloaked and been smashed from stray fire. also, if im right in older DS versions you could upgrade weapons.... why did that go?

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-20 01:04   
OK, so this is a good idear.

The only one i usually use is the scale, and really, the only tweak i would love to see is the addition of 1 Left/Fore and 1 Right/Fore cannon slots. You could remove 2 disruptor slots for the cannons. The use of reflective armor basicly nulifies the disrutors, and with only 2 cannons, that armor nulifies the scale, unless you have a nublet flying the enme ship. And maybe an extra torpedo (i don't know if it's really needed, but would be nice to see) Also, the power drain is really high, 2 alfa's and cloak plus at least 3/4 speed to manuver around the 10 seconds of cloak timer.

Not to mention the ECCM pinging with 3+ ION's that hit me when i think it's safe to slow down a bit to recharge weps/power/armor. I wouldn't mind seeing the turning rate increased by a hair. It's a powerful ship, but it needs something more and something less.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-11-20 08:59   
Upgrades are now automatically assigned by hull value - instead of being able to have station level armor and shields on a destroyer, you have destroyer level.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-20 11:52   
Earlier I mentioned upgrading the command class ships to be a little more combat capable, and I think I've come up with some minor additions to the brood that would more or less put it on par with the other two.

Simply:

The addition of a second assault disruptor, mounted in the same arc as the existing one, the addition of a fore/left psi cannon, and a fore/right psi cannon. I think that would help it out.

As for the suggested changes to the scale, I agree that replacing two of it's ruptors with cannons would certainly help it.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-11-20 17:01   
Well, i think there are some issues , i would like you guys to correct me if i am wrong .

First off all , time spend = gain prestige.

Which means , 2 people start and stop building at same time same buildings on different faction . In this case , if one of them is ugto engineer , he will make double prestige and building than the other one.Give 2 build drones to every faction, or remove one from ugto engineer.

Kluth needs 2 type of armor .Which can be only regen by autorepair but stronger against enemy.

ICC need a button to revert their power to sheild or viceversa. But that doesnt mean they will have 100% shield if they revert all energy to sheilds. Depends on hull size of the ship.

Ugto battle dread needs more heavy beams than now. Too many p cannons and they cant hit fast targets.

my two cents.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-20 18:55   
Im sure pres is off of build time, not buildings

Email Sens [R33]
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-11-20 19:49   
The way I understand it to work is this: A UGTO engy will gain the same prestige as a K'Luth engy when building the same structure, but the UGTO engy will complete it twice as fast (each build generates prestige for time active). The end result is that with a complete planet both factions make the same prestige, only the UGTO engy can do it in half the time, so they're off building & finishing a 2nd planet in the time it takes the K'Luth engy to do one planet (waiting on tech & pop notwithstanding).

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-20 23:00   
I gree with Pakhos that K'luth needs two types of armor, the idea of one only repairing via autorepair but having a higher strength makes a good deal of sense.

The normal armor needs to have it's regrowth rate slowed though... It regenerates faster than ICC shields.

As far as I can tell the only balanced way to have a K'luth ship with two build would be to add a second engineering vessel, or add a second build to the existing one. I agree though, that K'luth building takes FOREVER.

I'm sure most of us could care less if we made more pres or not, the thought of speeding up the process is what would make us happiest.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.019020 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR