No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +6.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The new BIG map:pro and cons
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author The new BIG map:pro and cons
Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-18 11:52   
[quote]
On 2008-11-18 10:25, His Awesome Excellency, Beta Fro It wrote:
Quote:

I personally think wormholes should last 200-300% longer, but thats just an opinion.

For once fattie we agree on something entirely

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-18 11:54   
Quote:

On 2008-11-18 11:16, Pakhos wrote:
If I were a developer in this project, because my personal ideas, I would suggest the good 1.5 to be mixed with old 1.480.

Reason : Ds is very predictable. I see an EAD i know what he carries. I see a SS i know it has fighter b-27 or a-24(?). Nothing to be suprised about.

amen... i miss the ability to refit different weapons, has made the game a lot more... bland

Ceriodaphnia * | * Zer0
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-18 11:56   
I agree with you there Pakhos.

I won't be writing much more cause I will just repeat what pakhos said but with diffrent words..

Bard, Yes that is a way too. But you can't expect people to do it. And there must be some otherway to get new people fired up.

Telling a experienced player to change ship to a lower one cuz the enemy doesn't have the same firepower will not work, they have played alot to get the pres they have and all the badges and conservative as they are(I say they cause I can't say everyone nor he/she) they will think or say
"Ive been through the exact same thing! And I made it! Why should he get it easier?"
Total BS if you ask me. Then don't get more players and fly around in dreadspace forever.

But it's all understandable, I wouldnt want to change a Station for a dessie.. That's why I miss the modding, as you could make even the bad ships powerfull enough to be known as a threat.

I don't got time to write more =D At work, cya pepz

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-11-18 12:05   
Quote:

On 2008-11-18 11:23, Bardiche wrote:
Might help if older players went, "Huh, my enemy has two Destroyers and a Cruiser. I have three Stations and two Dreadnoughts on my side. Hmmmmmmm... maybe if I grab a Destroyer as well, convince the Stations and Dreadnoughts to do so as well, we'll still vastly outnumber them but we'd have a more level playing field. Or maybe... I'm Fleetless, I could switch sides and fly a Destroyer on their side so we have a four against four match-up.
Gee, this way combat would last since Destroyer pilots wouldn't get discouraged by the fact they can't hurt our Stations. Brilliant."

Otherwise I quite like the big maps. They're cozy in their own way.

I have been doing that all the time .Altought switching the faction isnt appercieted between this community.Would be very nice you to "join" our little battle, mate.

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2008-11-18 12:06 ]

Ceriodaphnia * | * Zer0
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-18 12:10   
Quote:

On 2008-11-18 12:05, Pakhos wrote:

I have been doing that all the time .Altought switching the faction isnt appercieted between this community.Would be very nice you to "join" our little battle, mate.

I don't see any problem if you switch to balance the battle's etc.
But jumping back and forth and build for all the factions then go bomb your own planets and rebuild them etc.(Sounds like some kinda farming right?) That would be wrong.
And I think the most people think the same.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-11-18 12:37   
Quote:

I don't see any problem if you switch to balance the battle's etc.
But jumping back and forth and build for all the factions then go bomb your own planets and rebuild them etc.(Sounds like some kinda farming right?) That would be wrong.
And I think the most people think the same.

no no no, just talking about balance the number in combat, hate building or bombing. Just I do build whenever they reset mv .

Ceriodaphnia * | * Zer0
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-18 14:03   
Ofc XD Why not its a reset after all haha.

Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-11-18 14:42   
I've only just been able to start playing again since the latest patch seemed to fix all the issues with DS on a quad core machine with vista.

People seem to be right re the Map - 1ith maybe 12 people on, it is just to big. 20-30 minimum and it would be ok. 50 and it would be great.

So Where is everyone

I think the problem is that everyone got v excited when 1.5 came out. Tried it. Found it full of bugs that made it lag worse than 1.483 (for some of us) and decided it was unplayable at th moment .

I've checked back once a week - found it fixed and been in a couple of times now.

Don;t now if it;s easy to do, but is it possible to email all subscribed players who haven;t logged in in over say 2 weeks and let people know what fixes have been done so that hopefully the ywill come back.

Maybe give a coupoin to those who were subbed but who have cancelled subscriptions in the last month to get them back.

Once the serious bugs are ironed out and people can play on any machine then DS can be promoted.

Get something out to all who have registered saying it's back and fixed. Free 14 day coupon etc. Not all of these will be dread pilots - I'm sure theres lots of players that got as far as say rear admiral and the gave up.

Maybe do a refer a friend scheme. i.e. get 14 day coupon when the friend subscribe for 1m.

Some press releases to games websites. - all relatively low cost things to do but theres no point in getting people into the game until it's basically working.

When it's working get the old players back (in a controlled way - i.e. don;t want to over stress the servers)

Then go out and get the new customers.

That will take some time.

So in the meantime, why not revert to a smaller map?

Then when as many old people are back as are likely

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-11-18 15:49   
i was going to say just put a rank lock on mv but from reading that wud make mor ppl mad and wud prob hurt us. i was going to propose that you go through each major patch startong at the begining and every 2 weeks or so change that patch a nd go all they way to 1.504 and see what ppl like the most. the revert to that patch and fix the bugs and take ideas from players, atcuall listne to ppl, i read one post where one dev read a post form a player and he said he didnt care what he thought about the patch and that he should just play, i cantfind the post but just try diffrent things and see if they work, dont just go into the dark and hipe that there are lamps. take directions and follow, if you get what i mean. I hope that we get more players and that ds becomes alive but for now all i see is darkness.

walker...

Email -Shadowalker-™
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-11-18 16:11   
Quote:

On 2008-11-18 11:23, Bardiche wrote:
Or maybe... I'm Fleetless, I could switch sides and fly a Destroyer on their side so we have a four against four match-up.

Totally agree on the unfleeted part. Unfleeted vets should examplify by going to the weaker side. bring balance to the Force!!! woot

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-11-18 22:36   
I am more of a Underdog player in peferences

if i see any players in a Class below Cruiser, and I am in a Dread/Station. I wont hunt them down an try to kill them. I would mainly return fire if they fire at me first, just to warn them. I am bigger then them, and Hurt alot more, do you really wish to continue?.

I do have a confession to make, I really wont go into mv unless I see atleast 18-20 players. and i know, that there are others out there that do the same.

-Hellz

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-11-20 09:08   
Of course pointjumping a small ship in a dread can, at times, be high-larious. Especially when they start flipping out over /t while you sit there cackling

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-11-20 20:19   
on getting pres for newbies:
bring back groups. merge with some kind of command functionality, make it so you have a limit to how many large ships you can have in a group depending on your command prestige. ie. someone without much command prestige can't have 7 other dreadnaughts in their group.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-20 23:41   
I totaly agree with pakhos. we need to put back in more flexibility. i hate not been able to swap cannons for beams, and thats only 1 thing. we need to intergrate some 1488 feutures into 1500.
besides, as just a nooby captain i found it took a while to get off to a start - but now i can use suppies its realy good. Also -
in my opinion, we should give newbies 2 day membership trials to give them a feal of the higher ranked ships. then we may be able to draw in more people.

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-21 09:28   
I will just mention a bit of simple logic here... If so many of us won't join until they see 18-20 players in MV, then how are we supposed to get 18-20 players in the MV?

Someone has to go in first right? I personally join if I see more than 1 person, and sometimes I go in just to build or find something to do by myself...

I've had some pretty good fights in the MV while there were less than 18-20 people... Don't make assumptions always just log in and check things out at the very least.

Oh and since we're talking about command stuff, two simple ideas that would really help us ALL out.

1) the ability to transmit coordinates. To faction chat target chat whatever...

2) When you select a location to jump to, you should see a little number above that location showing how much fuel the jump will use. That calculation is already in game, it would be really easy to have it displayed as well.
[ This Message was edited by: Supreme Potentate Tiffy Rando on 2008-11-21 09:32 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.032652 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR