Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Video Driver Update problems...
 Author Video Driver Update problems...
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-17 00:34   
Alright, first of all I am an idiot for not updating my video card for the past 3 years...

However, I have been trying to find an update for close to 2 months now for my ATI x1400 Mobility on my Dell E1505 and have been failing.

Both ATI and Dell have been worthless in getting me updates and I found a third party site at http://www.omegadrivers.net/ . I tried using their update but it totally screwed my system up so I had to revert back to my original drivers...(it locked my resolution to 800 x 600 after exiting games and I could not change any resolutions without requiring a restart)

Any of you computer madmen have suggestions?
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-11-17 01:52   
By law agreement, ATI aren't allowed to release mobility drivers, although they give support (take a look at NVidia, or those with mobility NVidia cards and you'll see that as a great save alone).

A loophole in the system is that ATI are allowed to release driver sets. Omega is one of the few people who release drivers based on these sets for the mobility type of cards. One of the few others are a group named "DriverZero", you might find them on the driverhaven website. Unfortunately, Omega's not had the best time of late (his wife has severe epilepsy), so has little time to work on them (although he says a set are incoming).

All I can suggest is try a clean re-install of the Omega's.

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-17 07:23   
This is EXACTLY the reason I would never in my life buy an ATI card ever again. But yeah Omega drivers work... I had the exact same problem with my laptop... ATI card yet ATI doesn't offer a working driver for it! AMAZING!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-11-17 07:25   
Quote:

On 2008-11-17 07:23, Dempster wrote:
This is EXACTLY the reason I would never in my life buy an ATI card ever again. But yeah Omega drivers work... I had the exact same problem with my laptop... ATI card yet ATI doesn't offer a working driver for it! AMAZING!

Uh, you obviously didn't read what I wrote...

Vendors have an agreement with manufacturers. Nvidia, ATI, etc, all have one.

NVidia actually don't supply ANYTHING - not even driver sets for mobility cards. ATI, are allowed to with theirs, and do.

Think (or in this case, read) before you talk (or, write... whatever).

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-17 07:29   
Quote:

On 2008-11-17 07:25, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-11-17 07:23, Dempster wrote:

Uh, you obviously didn't read what I wrote...

Vendors have an agreement with manufacturers. Nvidia, ATI, etc, all have one.

NVidia actually don't supply ANYTHING - not even driver sets for mobility cards. ATI, are allowed to with theirs, and do.

Think (or in this case, read) before you talk (or, write... whatever).

Jack, I appreciate you being all pissed off at me and all, but the fact is ATI does not support their hardware. Thats all I was saying, I know you love your Crossfire and all... but don't have to get your panties in a bunch when someone says something bad about ATI (cause its true!

My laptop sitting here. will not run its mobility card off any listed driver from ati even though it claims to be ITS DRIVER JACK,

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-11-17 07:34   
Release mandate:
NVidia : whenever.
ATI : once a month.

When it comes to vendors supporting their hardware, ATI have historicly been dreadful, except for the past 3 years wherein they've released a driver every single month. This isn't anything to do with vendor wars, as you seem to think.

At least do your research before saying something.

(P.s. This has nothing to do with me being pissed off at you (I didn't even know I was, but thanks for letting me know!))
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2008-11-17 07:35 ]

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-17 07:38   
Quote:

On 2008-11-17 07:34, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Release mandate:
NVidia : whenever.
ATI : once a month.

When it comes to vendors supporting their hardware, ATI have historicly been dreadful, except for the past 3 years wherein they've released a driver every single month. This isn't anything to do with vendor wars, as you seem to think.

At least do your research before saying something...

What is up your ass today Jack?

I don't need to research anything JACK Its personal experience. Believe it or not JACK I wasn't trying to compare ATI to ANYTHING in the first post I was simply saying that they don't offer WORKING *WORKING*?!@?# drivers for their mobility cards

YES THEY HAVE THE DOWNLOADS TEHRE JACK!!@ fact is, the drivers do not work, you can even force windows to install them when it says they are the wrong drivers, and guess what!? they do not work!

I'm sure these posts will be deleted like the rest of my posts, but thats okay, have a good day guys! I'm done argueing with this tard over something that he seems to think he knows all about. when im the one sitting here with a laptop with an ATI CARD, and an ATI DRIVER that REFUSES to work. so piss off jack, you're being real immature today

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-11-17 07:56   
Right...

OP: On the ATI website:

Notebook Manufacturers and System Integrators Supported:

* Alienware
* Arima
* Clevo
* ECS
* Eurocom
* Falcon Northwest
* FIC
* Fujitsu Siemens
* HyperSonic PC
* Mitac
* MSI
* NEC-CI
* Pro-Star
* RockDirect
* Sager
* Uniwill
* Velocity Micro
* VoodooPC

If your system doesn't fall under any of those, then you'll have to go to the supplier for your driver (as they've done something to alter the agreement all manufacturers make people sign).

If you've already tried that avenue, try this:
http://driverheaven.net/modtool.php

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-17 08:11   
can you two take your game of chicken somewhere else?

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-11-17 09:38   
gotta love when 2 people agrue over computer parts..

Email Borgie
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2008-11-17 12:09   
30 seconds on Google...

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh&ServiceTag=&SystemID=INSPIRONI6400/E1505&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

Goto the website of Drafell
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-11-17 13:15   
Have had same problems.
Asus notebook with ATI mobility chip.
Drivers asus provides didn't receave updates and only the origional drivers are recommended.
Omega supports Mobility and after some digging i found that a certain older Omega version would work best with that mobility chip. and it did.

Reading back. Jack you said it perfectly. I still can't understand why people can't understand what you say over and over again.
<
Normal ATI graphics cards and Mobility cards/chips are under different agreements.
ATI develops + sells the graphics technology, other company's buy mobility technology and put it in there merchandise, witch they sell there products to us consumers.
Buying the technology or chips includes a working driver and the company will have to provide there own driver support, but some company's just provide a driver download or stop real support after a while.
But as the company only bought technology /chips, and have no support contracts with ATI, ATI in turn will not have to provide any support at all.
>

Despite ATI having A class products, people tend to only view the bad parts. This is one of the good examples of ATI getting a bad name, while actually other company's are to blame.

My advice, avoid the urge to play graphic intensive games on notebooks/laptops, we got desktops for that.

[on topic]
Can't give advice other than ^ looking at drafell's 30 seconds google search.
I do want to add that if any of you have a Mobility 9000 or 9200 and are having problems, Try "Radeon Omega Drivers 2.6.53" that one is the best i found for those chipsets.

Page created in 0.019993 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR