No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +5.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » is game still alive?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author is game still alive?
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-11-16 13:41   
is game still alive?....no not really, V1.5 came out and no marketing has been done, im subbed to mmorpg.com and no news release to try and let the masses know from the Devs.
Ive spoken to a few people we all waited an age for V1.5 but we all feel frustrated by the new map, its to confusing, and fights only central around one system or a few planets, no one want to fly off anywhere to capture planets like we use to.
Bring back .483 map and keep the fuel levels as they are and im sure lot more people will enjoy it again.
I login wanting to play Darkspace but I feel frustrated even before logging into the map screen to see less than 10 players on and just log off again.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-16 14:12   
No one tries to take over systems because no one has DAYS to do it. You need a game that takes hours not days.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-11-16 17:39   
1.5 is still being fixed and tweaked. Its been said a dozen times on the forums - the current release of 1.5 is a "soft" release, when the 1.5 "hard" release is presented with all the spit & polish needed then there will be a marketing blitzkreig and mass emails and, possibly, a free trial period.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-16 18:31   
The way the servers are now configured makes it so that the map now spans multiple servers - that's just a fact of life you'll have to live with. So bringing back the old map isn't really difficult.

If you have specific feedback on the layout of this map as it currently stands, feel free to share it, but we can't make things back into one large map.

ie, if you want fewer planets or systems or gates or whatever, thats good feedback to have - but just saying "go back to the old" isn't useful feedback - we can't, and it doesn't actually share what the problem with the current setup is.

Email Shigernafy
*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-11-16 18:34   
Quote:

On 2008-11-16 17:39, Coeus (Doran Jr.) wrote:
1.5 is still being fixed and tweaked. Its been said a dozen times on the forums - the current release of 1.5 is a "soft" release, when the 1.5 "hard" release is presented with all the spit & polish needed then there will be a marketing blitzkreig and mass emails and, possibly, a free trial period.

Dont you all think that if this is a "soft" release and not a "fully" finished patch that there should be at least a reduction in the price we are paying per month? !STOP TAKIN US ALL FOR MUGS! GET IT SORTED SOONER RATHER THEN LATER FOR YOUR OWN SAKE..

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-11-16 18:39   
Well had you gone in & beta tested that wouldn't be necessary now would it. Don't like it? Don't pay. Less people here to help out & finish the game means it'll just take that much longer. More you whine, less gets done. More you complain, more people don't want to help. Choice is yours.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Riley(retired)
Midshipman

Posted: 2008-11-16 21:29   
Quote:

On 2008-11-16 18:34, *Nemesis*© wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-11-16 17:39, Coeus (Doran Jr.) wrote:

Dont you all think that if this is a "soft" release and not a "fully" finished patch that there should be at least a reduction in the price we are paying per month? !STOP TAKIN US ALL FOR MUGS! GET IT SORTED SOONER RATHER THEN LATER FOR YOUR OWN SAKE..

Uhm, it's only 10 dollars a month.. it equals out to less than 35 cents a day. How much lower would you like the price to get? I maintain a subscription to darkspace even though I don't play --that's how cheap it is and it supports the cause. If they lowered the price or made it free where do you suggest they get money to sustain the servers come from?

Since the release of 1.5.. the player base has picked up, not phenomonally but it HAS picked up and as Coeus stated when the "spit & polish" has been applied players will return rather quickly. Just hang in there, it's right around the corner.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.012133 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR