Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » ICC power
 Author ICC power
Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-11-02 10:03   
Quote:

On 2008-08-06 12:56, Fornax wrote:
I think the 2:1 balance proposal was merely a goal and never a hard measurement. If it's a little above or below, it doesn't really matter as long as there is some rough parity between the factions as a whole.

However, I don't think a 3-5:1 ratio between ship hulls is a good idea - anything in the 1.5 - 2.5:1 range works to me.

What I guess I'm more concerned about is - the mid-July versus early-August reports. If the Assault Dreadnought (in particular) is coming up dry on power and largely losing because of it...and it wasn't in July, that suggests some sort of newly introduced problem to investigate.

Sure sounds like the power requirements of the Assault Dreadnought should be rebalanced. Generally, my opinion is that the ICC should be able to run at 50% speed and volley fire all ranged weapons plus about 50-75% of the power required to run the shields. Stationary ranged combat should not deplete power.

Nax

I still say this needs to be looked in to,

Had a duel AD against EAD, Now I know ships weren’t balanced to for 1v1, but even with all gens, all PFE power at 209.2 to start in 2 alphas taking damage and moving at 9gu's( 45%), I was down to under 40 power remaining. Besides from the lack of fire power ICC has and the "Lack" of hit points per arc, and face it, sheilds as the defence of our ship is infact just a compleat power drain times how many Shields you have on ur ship.
As soon as you redirect power to the arc being hit all of your shields drain power and recharge slow. including active. The lack of power to combat an EAD, I ran out of power before my 3rd alpha I did hit hit the EAD's hull and was able to fire about 1/3 of my weapons in the remainder time. But in the duel i did a total damage of 26% damage to the EADs hull, and could not substain power, as the EAD was able to wrip me to shreads from there in. So if the EAD can move faster, have no Shield drain to consume power and use 5 more weapons then ICC and they recieve the same amount of power genaration as ICC. how come we cont have power to back our selfs up with ?

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Ants *XO* on 2008-11-02 10:29 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-02 18:32   
turn off shields

Email Sens [R33]
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-11-03 03:32   
i had completely run otu of power too...was why i just sat there that one part. i was gathering energy. and yes, i beat you way too easily.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-11-03 05:48   
EAD runs out of power just as fast.

Just because it has the same number of generators, doesn't mean squat either - UGTO weapons use a lot more power to compensate for lack of any other energy draining devices (cloak/shields/etc).

The EAD also has more weight than the AD (a lot more - it's the slowest accelerating and turning dread in the game). You could of used your head to nip behind him and slow your speed down to gain energy. If you force him to go faster (which takes time), his energy is going to go down.

What concerns me is that you think the ICC are meant to have the most power - they're not. 1.483 had massive problems with energy (having far too much). ICC are not meant to be energy effecient, and it's always been a trait of UGTO to have more of it. All it allows them to do is bolt around at max speed for a little bit longer. Once it's gone, it's gone, and as Leo already said, he was out of juice too.

Try turning off your shield (individual ones if you must) to regain power, as long as grouping your weapons better (not using HCL's, which are a huge power drain), etc.

Sounds to be that Leo just beat you because of experience (which might be a hard bullet to bite). Sitting there regaining energy, although a risk, played into his advantage. You could of done the same.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2008-11-03 05:53 ]

Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-11-03 11:03   
I learned when dueling Starluck with an Assault Dessy on UGTO with him in a Heavy Cruiser how important strategy with weapons has gotten on many ships.

Only being about my third time in 1.5 flying the Ad, and probably about the first time actually fighting in it I knew the basic strategy(same as with the TC, try to stay behind as much as possible).. Had to make sure Flux Cannons werent on PD(Which also meant no shift-space.. Have to break that habit anyways).. Even going at <10gu/s energy poses a problem with that dessy(goes out even faster if you accidentally fire the Flux cannons which take about all of the ship's energy in 2 shots, which takes quite a bit to recharge).

Energy management in 1.5 has made the vast majority of ships require a lot more skill to fly than in previous versions.

Havent played ICC this ver yet, but as was mentioned before:

Rotate shields. Having 100% on one arc means only 3 are using power to recharge. If you must, turn off the other arc shields when you dont have anyone on that side and you are focusing your remaining shields to one arc anyways.
Alpha strikes are more of a pre 1.5 tactic. If you have a large number of people and its not a 1 on 1, alpha can be quite useful. Use full alphas sparingly, and focus on using the right weapons for the distance.

For UGTO, there is no real reason to use Flux or EMP cannons until you do hull damage, so for us we just number those separately and dont use them until we get the enemy to hull.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-12-02 16:32   
dang, that must mean that all ICC players are unexperanced!
or that the fact that if you have your sheilds OFF in combat you will get hulled in a dread in one to two hits even when fighting a dessie. sheilds bring that up to 3-6(while fighting a dessie)
power consumption to shield protection is off in my personal opinion. and the one "armor pannel to arc" is a null fact too.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-12-02 21:23   
Developers are always right.

-Ent

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-12-03 01:25   
At Blackslash: Key Point Missed! yes! they hay have compensation. wat leonide was saying is "Not Enough Compensation"

Page created in 0.025908 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR