Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Wikipedia article deletion notice
 Author Wikipedia article deletion notice
FAdm. Tim Webbers *S1*
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2008-10-05 17:59   
Quote:

18:41:22 [Raven]Sardaukar: "The biggest problem the article has is embellishing."
18:41:27 [CEC]Adm. Tim Webbers *S1*: "Indeed. "
18:41:28 Shigernafy: "if anything, it'd go in a Richard Lyle article, if there isn't one already"
18:41:32 [CEC]Adm. Tim Webbers *S1*: "To both."
18:41:41 [Raven]Sardaukar: "The paragraphs read like passages from an epic saga."
18:41:44 [CEC]Adm. Tim Webbers *S1*: "Then you'd hit the biography rules."
18:41:52 Shigernafy: "The article is a real life history do***ent of DarkSpace, not an encyclopedia article about it."
18:42:21 [CEC]Adm. Tim Webbers *S1*: "Indeed."
18:42:32 [CEC]Adm. Tim Webbers *S1*: "Darkspace's developers work hard and long to create updates for the game"
18:42:35 [CEC]Adm. Tim Webbers *S1*: "NPOV."
18:42:47 Shigernafy: "We can integrate it into the DS Wiki if the content is useful."
18:42:50 [Raven]Fornax: "read the notability guidelines- I'd say all you have to do is quote at least one old report about the game from 2001/2002 and that'd cover it indeinately"

This discussion arose after I discovered a deletion notice on Darkspace's Wikipedia page. Primarily, we're dealing with non-verifiable information claims, notability claims, and NPOV concerns. As pointed out above, the article reads like an epic poem and is quite unacceptable as an encyclopedia article.

I have removed the deletion notice and objected to the deletion, but the article needs to be corrected in a slightly rapid manner as to not have the notice readded. I've got a few resources which I've pulled from the EncyClanPedia's darkspace article which was constructed a while back: http://roe.totalgamingnetwork.com/wiki/index.php/Darkspace - it has links to both the IGN and GameSpy reviews, and if we need an additional third party review, I can have my article staff at the Total Gaming Network review 1.5 if they throw a tantrum about not having recent information (I'll probably do that anyway, but it's a matter of priority).

So, thoughts for article revisions?

Page created in 0.011533 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR