Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » CombatTactics: Kluth Destroyer and Frigates
 Author CombatTactics: Kluth Destroyer and Frigates
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-05 10:47   
First of all, since the Ascension fo ver. 1.500, many of u have notice that Kluth ships have became much tougher and more deadly. And worst of all, beacons nolonger work on them, even if u HAVE one.

Second, the days of the Uber small ships (frigs, scouts, and to a limited extend Destoyers) are OVER. Those silliy enough to pilot his scout with in Chemical Laser range of dreadnoughts finds a quick and brutal death, the ones that are dumb enough to attack a Command dread with a tractor beams finds that death even quicker.

Third, for Destroyers of Ugto and ICC, Jump drives now takes substantially longer to charge, which gives those dread CLs more time to ripe thru ur crunchy THIN shells and into ur chewy yummy center.

With all that doom and gloom, I now offer u hope.

Kluth dressy and frigs, once shuned by all new players due to their lack of armor and slow cloak.

well, they are now equally armored as any other faction, and with more powerfull weapons. With modding gone, so is Shopping. If u want a ship with the fastest speed, AME, quickest jumpdrive, AMJD, most power torpedo, AMtorps, and the most power cannon, PSI cannons. Kluth this the faction for U! can i get a AMEN!?

BIG BAD DREAD jumps ya? no problem, Kluth Dressy comes with standard ecm, and cloaks in just under 3 seconds. Frig cloaks in just over 1 second.
Decloak is instant of both dressy and frig.( .5 sec, and ~.2sec) Do i hear a HALILUYA?!!

Presenting the Kluth Shell Dressy: 7 psi canons, 6 psi/shredder missiles, 2 disruptors, that more midrange fire power than the ICC Heavy crusier. Recomend swaping the psi missiles for all shreders.

Presenting the Kluth Beak frig: 6 psi cannons, 2shredder missiles and 2 disruptors. This is as close to a Klingon Bird of Prey as ur gonna get. and ur only need the rank of Ensign to fly it. Highly recomended for new players.

as far as Tactics go,
1.) the two ships mensioned above have mid range weaponry, best attack range is 1200gu to 300 gu. However, in 1.500 cannons have incresed velocities. And Chemical Laser fire at 250 for dreads.
I recomend u start ur attack run at 1200gu and cloak at 400 gu.

2.) Always attack from the enemy's Aft or sides, attacking from the front will get u point jumped and dead. Always cloak when enemy ship is turning to face u.

When u get jumped or tractored, and u will eventually. DO NOT PANIC. performe Emergency Jump if ur jd is charged, if not, cloak and turn ur ship as u decrease ur speed. And dont worry if u get a little hulled, KLuth is the one faction who's not afraid of hull damg, the Automated Repair will fix u up in no time at all.

In conlusion, NEW Players, we've waited 3 yrs, now is time to let out OUR inter-KLINGIONs and ROMULANS!! "Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!"
Hozzah !!

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-05 10:52   
Quote:

On 2008-10-05 10:47, Delando wrote:
And worst of all, beacons nolonger work on them, even if u HAVE one.

*bzzzt!* wrong. beacons increase the time it takes for kluth to cloak, not utterly nullify their cloak.

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-05 11:44   
Which compared to 1.483 beacon = doesnt work on kluth no more

for example, in a 1.483, if a Mandi get beaconed (after killing a suppy in orbit) close to a enemy planet, there's 80% chance he will die, because he is slow, has weak armor and dictored. There is nearly no hope of getting clear of the dictor field and escaping.

In 1.500, there only a max of 3 beacons u can put on a ship, and eventullaly the cloak timer will pass and he will live. Plus only about 4 ships are equiped with beacons, and none of them are dreads.

any of the lesser ship show up with beacons get VIP treatment from the mandis.

so yeah, beacons dont work on kluth anymore.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-05 12:59   
cloack time makes a huge difference as kluth ships are still fragile. In addition, psi missiles are better for engagements againts dreadnaughts, where maintaining the maximum distance is advisable(1500gu)

Email Sens [R33]
*Storm*
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-20 02:09   
Allthough i agree with the first post of this thread, im partial to the claw destroyer. Indeed, you have to have the silver combat badge, but the claw destroyer has amazing firepower. With a few well placed voleys, it obliterates ships up to cruiser class and even cruisers, if they stand and fight. Dont make the mistake of going head to head with a cruiser class though, it will take you out easily. use the short cloak time of your claw destroyer, circle around and hit whichever side you weekend with the first voley. Usually, just two voleys will take out the armor of a cruiser.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-20 02:58   
barring the scale, the destroyers are better than the Cruisers.

kluth cruisers suck.

why?

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-20 06:05   
Don't count out the plasma cannon. PSI cannons do less damage at long range, where plasma has no falloff. There's a few other benefits to plasma too that I can't quite remember, like the damage type being split between energy and kinetic (meaning UGTO armor choice doesn't matter), vs PSI being, umm, energy and PSI? (can someone correct me there? Maybe it's kinetic and PSI?). I think plasma cannons also do randomized damage, but an overall higher average.

(I used to have this info saved This info should be ingame or posted on the website somewhere, what each weapon's damage type is etc.)

I prefer plasma cannons vs larger ships. If you're firing PSI from max range it doesn't do much, and you don't want to get too close. Vs small ships PSI works fine. But that's me.

Sliverine
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-20 11:22   
Ok so kluth is balanced. Now lets start working on ICC...

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-20 17:43   
this guide made me cry... It doesn't even do the K'luth small ships justice...

[ This Message was edited by: The Monarch on 2009-10-20 21:13 ]

Email Sens [R33]
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-21 05:06   
Quote:

On 2009-10-20 17:43, The Monarch wrote:
this guide made me cry... It doesn't even do the K'luth small ships justice...

[ This Message was edited by: The Monarch on 2009-10-20 21:13 ]

+1

Page created in 0.024817 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR