No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +13.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » Earth under attack
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Earth under attack
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-01 17:03   
Pride of Hiigara's post is below.

<>
On 2008-10-01 08:08, Pride OF Hiigara*P4*{Angel Of Evil} wrote:
EVENT:
Earth is under attack!

WHEN:
18th October, 14:00:00 Central

WHAT'S WILL WE DO:
UGTO is attacked by ICC, 1 UGTO station is defending the Earth whie the ICC station and the bomber is moving to earth from 2k gu away from earht.
UGTO must killed the enemy before it bombs and captures the Earth.
ICC must mirv the earth and capture it.

WHAT IS REQUIRED:
UGTO command station
UGTO army (read SHIPS ALOWED:)
ICC Sectore Command Base
ICC army ( read SHIPS ALOWED:)

STORY:
It was a long argue that space will run out of space and so it lasted over 10,000 years when the leader of ICC said: "We are running out of space...in space!" and so they found a another new planet called: "Earth".
They decided to level it and take it and kill every one in their path including
humans

FOR ADMINS:
Requesting the safe zone around earth be turned off,
let the Earth be bombed, winning sides staion will get 3000 press and he/she will give the players the press they earned, 100 bonus press per kill.

PRIZE:
-The faction that wins will recive 3000 press and the player in the station will give the press to ppl by how many they have earned
-100 press bonus per kill

SHIPS ALOWED:
Cruisers, Dreads, Stations, Supply ships

-------------------
RULES!!!
-------------------

1. Station can have only 1 QST/Ion
2. Stations/bomber dread are no allowed to be fired at
3. UGTO station can start reciving fire when all the UGTO ships are destroyed and only 2 are left
4. ICC station/bomber dread can start reciving fire when all the ICC ships are destroyd and only 3 left
5. If u jump out more then 5k u left the event and will recive no bonus press or final winning press
6. the event will last 2h
7. if the time runs out every one jumps out of any planet range of 10k and the faction go VS each other to death (all rulles above don't apply except jumping out rule)
8.HAVE FUN! (if the event will even get accepted lol)

hope i wrote every thing right lol

<< /QUOTE >>

Email Shigernafy
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-01 17:07   
My main concern with this sort of event would be, well, that Earth is being bombed flat.

Its not a huge problem per se, as originally the home planets were built with a custom set of buildings using a script. That script still exists, so the planet could be resuscitated rather quickly - except for the technology level, of course, which would need to build up before the SY could be used.

However, some concerns:

1. Earth isn't really defended at the moment; the safe zone removes that need. If this event were to take place, would you suggest defense bases be built on the planet, or should it be only defended by players? If there are structures, what would you like the planet to have?

2. Due to the layout of the system, Luna would also lose its safezone protection. Should it be a part of the event, off limits (with perhaps its own safezone), or what?

3. Are the UGTO with this? I don't want to destroy their home system without their permission, because there has up until now been a longstanding guarantee from the staff to keep home planets safe and unassailable. If that were to be changed, even for a couple hours, I want to be sure that the vast majority of players are on board.

I'm going to need at least those concerns satisfactorily resolved before I feel comfortable giving this the DS Event Stamp of Approval.

Email Shigernafy
deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-01 18:08   
im in the icc fleet and im agaisnet this i say no but then im not utgo but i think its a bad idea

Email deathblave
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-10-01 18:19   
Count Me In, I Am Always Up For An Event ^.^

TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-01 18:46   
Im also up for an event but since Earth is a Protected Planet for UGTO as in SAFE ZONE it should stay as such but the idea is ok but another planet should be choosen.

Goto the website of TheHunter
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-10-01 19:24   
Better Mars than Earth.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-10-01 20:27   
agreed. i'd rather not lose the special depots and stuff at earth..and the rather large number of items in the earth Shipyard.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-10-01 21:48   
Make it Mars. Last I checked, that was the actual capital of the UGTO or did that change?

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-01 22:44   
fanfiction wise, the capital of the UGTO is on Mars.

| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-01 23:13   
ok lets go Mars then just chose earth case i was dreaming of someting like that and when i woke up just wrote every thing down and decided to make an event out of it =P OK Mars then, and oh yeah we don't Mars to be def 16 or 18 that would make real lag and every one would die in first 10min lol

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-10-01 23:57   
Earth First, Make Mars our Biatch!

(an aside - a friend of mine that I went to college with 20 years ago had some shirts printed up with the above as the logo - a little bit of eccentricity brought to you by the letters N, A & X)

The size of the prestige award may be another issue.

| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-10-02 00:14   
Quote:

On 2008-10-01 23:57, Fornax wrote:

The size of the prestige award may be another issue.

its my first event go easy, =P so what should be the right ammount ?

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-10-02 02:22   
don't mean to hijack this thread, but I was wondering at the limitations of the event staff and ship modding? Is it possible to mod an NPC ship with better weapons/shields than we the players can get, or limit the gadget level to 1 for all players and say 8 for the npc's? I had an event idea/story but it doesn't really work unless the levels can be temporarily changed.

[ This Message was edited by: Rae on 2008-10-02 02:24 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-02 06:05   
By and large, settings or properties cannot be changed, but layouts can. Which means that we can mod a scout with 60 shields if you wanted, but we can't make those shields level 20. In your case, we can't change the level cap for any given ship (or indeed any ship at all) but we can add basically anything to a ship (or remove it).

We can check the gadgets on other ships - though off hand I don't think we can check the level... - but its hard to enforce general prohibitions other than through "dude your ship is wrong" messages. Nothing automated and magical.

Sorry.

Email Shigernafy
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-02 06:15   
Also, once this event's details are updated with Mars and things look set, I'll post it. Well, actually, I'll post it on Saturday so as not to distract people before the 3 on 3 Tournament. But so far I've been kinda slow on posting events, waiting until everything is cleared up to post it at all.. but I think as long as it has a workable framework I'll just throw it on the event list and then worry about details.

In other words, I'll try to get events posted more quickly from here on out.

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021192 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR