Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Validity of MIR rebellion
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Validity of MIR rebellion
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-09-29 18:59   
Quote:

On 2008-09-29 16:42, Tael wrote:

Quote:

On 2008-09-29 17:41, Doran wrote:

Quote:
On 2008-09-29 18:26, Delando wrote:

16:42 - 17:41 = about 30 seconds

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-29 19:04   
head/desk x 9000

[ This Message was edited by: Sensitivity on 2008-09-29 19:32 ]

Email Sens [R33]
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-29 20:04   
Quote:[/small]

On 2008-09-29 17:12, Delando wrote:

taelerOWNED

17:12 -17:41 = about 30 sec

We getting a Tibetan Mastiff[evil snicker]

http://www.dwysz.com/Article/UploadFiles/200611/20061114125321260.jpg

and yes, MR."I Name myself Fatal Squadron, 'cause I wanna everybody to think I da Fleet Founder, except i got a 53/237 kills/killed score"
9000X headbut

http://www.benevoles.ee/benevoles/Drakyi.jpg

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-09-29 20:17 ]

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-09-29 20:42   

Those are minutes.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-29 20:50   
Oh good, 30 min too late then. ^_^

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-09-29 21:23 ]

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-09-29 22:00   

On 2008-09-29 16:42, Tael wrote:
tenants

On 2008-09-29 17:56, Tael wrote:
Tenants tenants tenants

Sorry for being a grammar stickler, but for some reason this is driving me nuts (this, and turrents); the word you want is tenets.

Otherwise, though... I haven't read up on this controversially written event, but from what I've gathered, why not just swap out MI for Pirates or something similar? It's far easier than asking the staff to change canon- not that they would.

Also, completely unrelated, but concerning the R in MIR that persisted from a confused naming process... could we simply bacronymize it as "Military Intelligence - ______"

Reconnaissance (Given the role of Nexus 14)
Reactionary (Given the nature of the primary MI entity)
Regional (Again, given the role of Nexus 14)
Routine (Self explanatory. "End of line...")

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2008-09-29 22:04 ]

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-30 05:12   
Military should be Machine.

I just took it as Humans calling it a race. Sure, its Machine Intelligence. Its the Machine Intelligence Race.

MI just isn't conducive to pronunciation, given its similarty to my and me (and mih is dumb) so humans threw on a generic R to make it sound better.

Email Mithrandir
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-30 08:25   
Quote:

Otherwise, though... I haven't read up on this controversially written event, but from what I've gathered, why not just swap out MI for Pirates or something similar? It's far easier than asking the staff to change canon- not that they would.

That side story has already been changed after reading Historian's post. along with the Event application version.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-30 09:56   
Quote:

On 2008-09-29 10:56, Delando wrote:
This is a reponce thread to Pitch Birdich's feverent demand that Splinter faction of the MIR is not possible.

I did not demand, so much as fail to comprehend your stubborn attitude in regards to how MI cannot rebel. I posted twice in that thread, and if I really came off as demanding and "feverent", then I think you are reading something wrongly.

Quote:
Frankly, the side story of the Princesse of MIR came as a after thought to the event. I wrote it only to give the event a little background, it could be changed at anypoint if STAFF requests it. I would not wish for this attempt at creating a role-play atomsphere to ruin the Combat experience, which is the main focus.

The only thing I get from this is that you disregard my opinion solely on the basis that I am not waving around a green suit in the lobby.

Quote:
HOWEVER, I admit I have become slightly aggitated, due to Birdich's demand i that I abidd by the canon. It had lead the what i had wish to be a topic of combat strategy into a argument for whether the sidestory is valid.

What you saw as argument was friendly inquiry as far as I am concerned.

Quote:
Now:
Birdich, i repect u for ur combat skills and ur integrety, for we have fought beside eachother and against.

BUT, who in the world MADE u darkspace historian?!!! U have been harrassing event planner for the last two weeks about petty details on whether the event is bloody canon or not.

I am a man who cares about canon. When Shigernafy and I created Scientia, we had decided a peculiar and complicated role for it. Your worship of Tael in this regard for the MIR can be applied to Shigernafy and me here - we created Scientia, I felt I was fully within bounds to argue the mutation of my intellectual shared property. I don't feel at all like I harassed anyone either - but if JBud and Deltaflyer feel I was harassing them by explaining them about Scientia and asking them to change the backstory to fit the DarkSpace story and make everything a cohesive whole, then they should address a complaint at my address. I'm always willing to adjust my behaviour when I go out of line and the other party has valid concerns.

Quote:
I think u FAIL to appreciate that player like Jbud , deltaflyer, and me are posting public events in order to HELP the community.

At the last 3 events, we have highest turn out in MV in month!! 34 for the Duelson, 26 for the Scoutfrig melee, and 36 for Battle for Scientia.

I recall u once believe that each player should do his/her best to help this game we love.

Plz do not hinder what is good for the community!!

What you seem not to understand is that, by preserving the canon of the DarkSpace history, you are allowing other Event makers to create events consistant with history. The entire backstory of DarkSpace, in all its massive length, should not be there to cast away into doleful oblivion merely to suit the situation as a single player calls for it. See above for arguments regarding Scientia and why I feel fully justified in defending its integrity.

I really don't see your criticism against my actions as being truly malicious and harmful to the community.

I don't really need your respect, regardless - I like to think respect is something earned, and if you don't give it to me, well, too bad. I won't change who I am or what I do unless the other can give proper justification that a change in attitude is required from that point onward, and given that my points aren't necessarily wrong (as this thread now proves), I absolutely don't see why it needed Historian to post for you to finally acknowledge your backstory was a severe breach of canon.

Is it that hard to take the word from another player?

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2008-09-30 10:10   
Sorry Tael, but Rae has it right, but then we all make mistakes (as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin).

"I am MI."

My main goal with actually writing the MI back-story is to consolidate a lot of the information that has been given out over the years by various members of the development team into one consistent whole.

Certain details are quite likely to change, but as Tael has already stated, there are some predefined concepts which are essential for us to retain.

Goto the website of Drafell
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-30 11:43   

I did not demand, so much as fail to comprehend your stubborn attitude in regards to how MI cannot rebel. I posted twice in that thread, and if I really came off as demanding and "feverent", then I think you are reading something wrongly.

The only thing I get from this is that you disregard my opinion solely on the basis that I am not waving around a green suit in the lobby.

U posted the first time, i did not agree with ur view, but i did say that if it become a problem to the STAFF, i'll be willing to change it. The sidestory is just that, a sidestory, i only wrote it because shig in the Public Event thread suggested we put some role playing, some fiction into it. I admit, i had fun writing it. why should i let u ruin it just because u dont like it? It's fiction. Then, u post a second comment calling me stubbon.

If anyone's been reading the public event threads, they can see that U ALWAYS come up with some RANDOM problem on the sidestories that had NOTHING to do with the purpose of the event, which is gather player togather for combat fun.
Scientia's ur baby? Fine. MY event's at FURY. Is that ur baby too, did U make the MIR?

Why should I abide by the ramblings of a player only shows up every EVENT threads to interupt about PETTY details that the EVENT could do with or WITHOUT. u comment only lead astray conversations that event should be about, COMBAT, TACTICS, STRATEGY. get it straight man, the EVENT arent about the CANON!

In addition:
THE Way ur going, every event planner in the future is going to AVOID Scientia, b/c everytime anyone tries to make event or story to include it. Birdich wont be able to resist the urge to come charging in bashing it for one dicrepency or another to SHOWING OFF ur "expertise".

U may have help create Scientia, but now ur just it's enslaver, u refuse for it to grow, u stiffle it. anything new not added by U is not canon. and thus the story of Scientia and others will remain the same, never to grow to their full potential, there will be no new Legends, and people will no longer care. Scientia will lose it's position as the CENTER of MV, the meeting point for Great Events, and it will be forgotten...

IF thats what u want. fine. For every future event, us event planners will boycott Scientia. For u have made it and ur self UNWELCOME guests in our toils.

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-09-30 11:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-09-30 11:53 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-30 14:19   
Simmer down, good man. What's all the hostility needed for? You write as if I did you some mortal wrong! No need to antagonize me.

Quote:
U posted the first time, i did not agree with ur view, but i did say that if it become a problem to the STAFF, i'll be willing to change it. The sidestory is just that, a sidestory, i only wrote it because shig in the Public Event thread suggested we put some role playing, some fiction into it. I admit, i had fun writing it. why should i let u ruin it just because u dont like it? It's fiction. Then, u post a second comment calling me stubbon.

So... Yeah, your only problem is that I don't have a green shirt - never bother it actually turned out I was right, and the sidestory was pretty far off canon.
I'm aware of that events are encouraged to have some fiction, but my main point is that the fiction should fit within its world - its canon. I harp on it so much because any roleplayer and writer knows that sticking to the canon is important to any story.

Quote:
If anyone's been reading the public event threads, they can see that U ALWAYS come up with some RANDOM problem on the sidestories that had NOTHING to do with the purpose of the event, which is gather player togather for combat fun.

Can you quote the instances? I don't really recall a lot of player events being tossed about. Still, though, to address your concern, I disagree with you here. The word "random" is almost as if you imply that I'm just looking for something to make a problem out of, though I don't feel I am just grabbing something random to fuss about.
If the side-story is so trivial as you say, then I can hardly imagine why it is troublesome to adjust it to fit DarkSpace. Really, can you elaborate on your thoughts on this matter for me?

Quote:
Why should I abide by the ramblings of a player only shows up every EVENT threads to interupt about PETTY details that the EVENT could do with or WITHOUT. u comment only lead astray conversations that event should be about, COMBAT, TACTICS, STRATEGY. get it straight man, the EVENT arent about the CANON!

Sigh. The ramblings of a player who's really passionate about conserving a story to the MV, to make it more than "just a play ground" and towards "a world of itself".€
Even if events aren't about canon (some are, though - the recent three aren't), it's still important that you can justify the canon. I'd say it a valid concern to worry about consistancy with the DarkSpace universe for the sake of future events and the Historian.
As far as leading things astray goes, I hardly see any decline in discussion of the strategics and everything compared to before and after I post - the only things that are "astray" are people agreeing with either me or you after the posting.

Quote:
In addition:
THE Way ur going, every event planner in the future is going to AVOID Scientia, b/c everytime anyone tries to make event or story to include it. Birdich wont be able to resist the urge to come charging in bashing it for one dicrepency or another to SHOWING OFF ur "expertise".

Again, you seem to take my actions for more than they are. I'm not really bashing, your view in this regard confuses me. I'm not so vain that I want to "show off" my supposed "expertise". I'm confident enough in myself that I needn't flaunt my own "skills" at certain areas.
Really, I'm nothing special, and I do think you are wrong when you think I believe otherwise.

Quote:
U may have help create Scientia, but now ur just it's enslaver, u refuse for it to grow, u stiffle it. anything new not added by U is not canon. and thus the story of Scientia and others will remain the same, never to grow to their full potential, there will be no new Legends, and people will no longer care. Scientia will lose it's position as the CENTER of MV, the meeting point for Great Events, and it will be forgotten...

Calm, man. Scientia wasn't meant to be the center of the MV. Whatever gave everyone that idea? Due to some issues with availability and such, we haven't had any of the Scientia follow up events, that much is true - but it was supposed to become a string of events. In no way was it intended as the "center of the MV", or something to such an effect.

Haven't you noticed the only problem I took with events surrounding Scientia was the idea that it had armed itself, or was the victim of any assault, or was producing something it shouldn't be producing?

I don't really get the "potential" you speak of, when it's supposed to just be this research center that's developing things to advance humanity, like a new sprinkler installation, or housing compartments that fit 12 households instead of 11.

Quote:
IF thats what u want. fine. For every future event, us event planners will boycott Scientia. For u have made it and ur self UNWELCOME guests in our toils.

I do not think you should speak for everyone. Apart from you, few have actually shown to take any "offense" or some such to my concern to have Scientia fit its initial role, in order to fit its role as we had laid it out (a string of events involving it, again).

Now, I'd like it if you could continue this civilly. I hold no interest in entertaining this air of hostility much, because it just won't do us any good. Let's act like adults and talk this over in a normal way, okay?

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-30 14:42   
Quote:

On 2008-09-29 20:04, Delando wrote:

On 2008-09-29 17:12, Delando wrote:

taelerOWNED

[/quote]

17:12 -17:41 = about 30 sec

We getting a Tibetan Mastiff[evil snicker]

http://www.dwysz.com/Article/UploadFiles/200611/20061114125321260.jpg

and yes, MR."I Name myself Fatal Squadron, 'cause I wanna everybody to think I da Fleet Founder, except i got a 53/237 kills/killed score"
9000X headbut

http://www.benevoles.ee/benevoles/Drakyi.jpg

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-09-29 20:17 ]
[/quote]

everyone knows PJ found Fatal squadron, its common knowledge

Email Sens [R33]
Latrodectus
Captain

Posted: 2008-09-30 16:10   
Ok so a sub-faction cant be created from the MI. I still have a question though....how are we (AS IN UGTO) supposed to defend against them? We have hardly any ships (PLAYERS) to fight, we have a hard time fighting the ICC alone. I mean heck, about a week ago they took our entire system, and now this week there taking K'luth down....

I dont feel safe!!! (becomes paranoid) >>.<<

-Latrodectus

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-30 21:20   

I'm aware of that events are encouraged to have some fiction, but my main point is that the fiction should fit within its world - its canon. I harp on it so much because any roleplayer and writer knows that sticking to the canon is important to any story.

Sigh...since when was fiction ever truly bonded by canon? Fiction in its very nature is wild, and fanciful, only bound it will ever have is the extent of the imagination of people. and how ever much it should displease u, that is beyond ur control, whether u "wear a green suit" or not.

Can you quote the instances? I don't really recall a lot of player events being tossed about. Still, though, to address your concern, I disagree with you here. The word "random" is almost as if you imply that I'm just looking for something to make a problem out of, though I don't feel I am just grabbing something random to fuss about.

Indeed that is exactly what ur actions constitutes, which I find repugnant.
Ur careful quoting seems to have left this out. so i will ask again: what does my event have to do with Scientia? and did u make the MIR too?
U claim ur demands are made on behalf of protecting ur creation Scientia, then why are u posting on my event with is located at FURY?

Haven't you noticed the only problem I took with events surrounding Scientia was the idea that it had armed itself, or was the victim of any assault, or was producing something it shouldn't be producing?

Scientia's never been neutral since it was created, it's been taken over by one faction or another countless times. And it's most definately armed it self, if u refuse to believe that, take ship and go sit next to it, see if it doesnt blast u. If u have a problem with it, then its the adm u should complaining to. not us event writers

If the side-story is so trivial as you say, then I can hardly imagine why it is troublesome to adjust it to fit DarkSpace. Really, can you elaborate on your thoughts on this matter for me?

Of course, it would be my pleasure to "elaborate", the sidestory Gift of the Princess, as trivial and insignificant as it is relative to the true purpose of the EVENT, Which challenges the players' Strategic selection of the optimal mix of Ships to bring out Strength each faction (Steadfastness of Ugto stations, the RAW firepower of the kluth Mandis, the toughness and flexibility of the icc Heavy cruisers), the Tactical mind to outthink, suprise and decive any opponent, and the pure Combat instinct to turn defeat into glory. But as insignificant as it is, it is my creation and MY baby. and i will not change it to fit BirdichSpace.

As far as leading things astray goes, I hardly see any decline in discussion of the strategics and everything compared to before and after I post - the only things that are "astray" are people agreeing with either me or you after the posting.

Lol, need me to elaborate on this one too? LOOK at how long THIS thread is....

Had I not lured u here, my event thread would still be cluttered with this irrelievant gunk. Thank for the memories.

Bahahhaahhahahaha....

Truth, Canon, Fiction, let INDIFFERENCE kill it all!!

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-09-30 21:45 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029595 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR