Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Validity of MIR rebellion
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Validity of MIR rebellion
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-30 22:28   
Actually, I think the staff in general would back Bardiche's points, especially those involved in events or fiction. There is a backstory and canon to DarkSpace and we do our best to keep to it - including in events. Scientia is supposed to be neutral, even if in fact it hasn't been. That's something that perhaps the admins were too lax on, as you point out, but ideally Scientia was to be safe zoned and neutral when it wasn't being used in (staff-created or approved) events. Its not, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't have been.

Bardiche is something of an expert on Scientia; that much has been mentioned and I think accepted. He was involved in a few events with the staff (which should hopefully put to rest the "why don't you do an event if you want to talk" argument) and has been deeply involved in some of the internal staff discussions regarding events and NPC factions. As such, he may not be the Tael of the MI, but he isn't just making this stuff up. Bardiche isn't a developer, so hasn't created the MI or Pirates, but has access to more information about them than is available in public (though this is less true now compared to last week, since we've since had a few posts about the NPC factions). He's been involved in our discussions over the last week or two about how best to deal with NPC involvement in player-run events. This thread, and the original event thread, are a direct extension of those discussions.

Thus, I think you should not dismiss his feedback quite so readily.

The event staff would actually like to tie the various events and the canon closer together -- by, for example, adding mentions to the history document about events taking place. So a page about the Scientia attack could be added as new, "living" history.
This is only possible if the events already do or can be made to make sense within the DarkSpace universe and canon, though. Of course, you don't have to care and can easily do whatever the hell you want with events. But if they are completely bonkers compared to the backstory, they may not make it on the event list. If they're still somewhat feasible within the universe but not fitting in well, they may not make it in the history (but could still be added to the event list and/or news). If they're well-crafted, it makes it easier to make them "official" as far as the world of DarkSpace is concerned.

Just so you better understand why we care and are making a stink of this....

Email Shigernafy
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2008-10-01 13:43   
Quote:

On 2008-09-30 21:20, Delando wrote:
does my event have to do with Scientia? and did u make the MIR too?

No Bardiche didnt... But I did... I've said point blank that story arc is NOT possible... So you've ignored what I have said and decide to continue arguing with Bard as though no official decree was ever made...

There was, you're way off cannon, Mi can't, discussion over.

Email Tael
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-10-06 05:20   
bring in the cattle, the knives are sharpened.

screw details.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.014067 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR