Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Validity of MIR rebellion
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Validity of MIR rebellion
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-29 10:56   
This is a reponce thread to Pitch Birdich's feverent demand that Splinter faction of the MIR is not possible.

Frankly, the side story of the Princesse of MIR came as a after thought to the event. I wrote it only to give the event a little background, it could be changed at anypoint if STAFF requests it. I would not wish for this attempt at creating a role-play atomsphere to ruin the Combat experience, which is the main focus.

HOWEVER, I admit I have become slightly aggitated, due to Birdich's demand i that I abidd by the canon. It had lead the what i had wish to be a topic of combat strategy into a argument for whether the sidestory is valid.

So, i started separate thread for this discussion, and i request that those interests in the sidestory to refrain from posting on the EVENT thread.

Thank u very much. I appreciate ur cooperation.

Now:
Birdich, i repect u for ur combat skills and ur integrety, for we have fought beside eachother and against.

BUT, who in the world MADE u darkspace historian?!!! U have been harrassing event planner for the last two weeks about petty details on whether the event is bloody canon or not.

I think u FAIL to appreciate that player like Jbud , deltaflyer, and me are posting public events in order to HELP the community.

At the last 3 events, we have highest turn out in MV in month!! 34 for the Duelson, 26 for the Scoutfrig melee, and 36 for Battle for Scientia.

I recall u once believe that each player should do his/her best to help this game we love.

Plz do not hinder what is good for the community!!

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-09-29 12:34   
Enjoy

Historian

Posted: 2008-09-29 12:45   
He may not be, but I am.

The Nexus 14 is a subsection of the MI proper.

It is currently separated from MI Core and so is acting independently, although with a specific mandate to ensure the total annihilation of the K'Luth.

There is no 'they' where the MI is concerned, although it is a common misconception to use this term in reference to it's subunits. It is still one distinct entity, although it is now suffering from a form of multiple personality disorder. This area can be more fully explained at a later date, although is largely due to lacking the cohesive core personality that is the MI proper, and having previously suffered extensive damage.

The MI is completely asexual. It grows extensions to its core being. It does not procreate or otherwise reproduce. Using gender definitions is pointless, although "him", or "it" would be the proper forms of address.

There is currently no chance of an MI rebellion. Your finger does not suddenly decide that it does not like being a finger anymore, and become a nose. It has no independence. It is part of you. Just like an MI ship is part of Nexus 14.

The Nexus 14 would never intentionally or willingly allow a part of itself to be bonded with an independent personality. One of the reasons it is wary of humanity is our willingness to interface with machinery. The mind is sacrosanct where it is concerned.

There is already a story that will explain how the MI may become a playable faction, given the above, but the details remain secret.

Some of the above may seem to be in conflict, but there is a cohesive back story that explains the current situation. However, it has never been fully published. The best idea is to ask questions, and I/we will try to answer as best as possible.

We are always happy to assist our community members in creating cohesive events and stories that can reside within the currently body of DarkSpace lore.

- The Historian

[ This Message was edited by: Historian on 2008-09-29 12:51 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-29 13:30   
"MI would notice a cancer and destroy it."
"Pretty much instantaneously."
"Quantumn tunneling makes many things possible."
"It has encountered viruses and other mechanisms from many conquered civilizations..."
"And incorporated defenses for them into itself."
Fattiesob: "Quantumn tunneling. is that like Autumn tunneling?"
"Yes, but with an extra "Q" and "M" to make is sexier."
"You know, like James Bond..."
"No Miss Moneypenny yet, however."
"A section of it is some what fascinated by these weird organics."
"The rest of it just wants to destroy as all, and bring the universe into order."
"And stop wasting resources. The ultimate eco-warrior."
"Yeah, MI is greenpeace for the universe."
"At heart the MI is essentially a self aware mining outpost... only it got a bit bigger than planned. Organic life is just the latest accident that interrupted it's work."
"MI = Machine intelligence."
"MIR is used to referto multiple MI ships"
"Yeah, then it went into hibernation, got attacked by organics, needed to protect itself, and ended up embarking on a holy crusade as the onlyway to ensure that it is safe."
"And the resources it mined for it's creators are preserved intact."
"MI is both singular and plural, although R crept in, because weare human, and do that stuff..."
Fattiesob: "so then where did it option resources to create its fleet."
"after is subverted the computer systems of a fleet of marauding warships that tried to attack it."
"The reaction to being attacked was more or less instinctive. It was created to survive in an incredibly hostile environment."
Fattiesob: "14:17:53 [Myth]Drafell: "Or "All your MI is belong to Chuck Norris"""
Fattiesob: "is"
* Fattiesob ....
"Singular, not plural. Intentional. Me and shig did a similar joke thingy an age back when playing MI in MV."
Fattiesob: "Mi is singular, even though it's referring to multiple objects."
Fattiesob: "is that the gist of it?"
"Yes."
"It kind of has trouble refering to itself in the plural."

Latrodectus
Captain

Posted: 2008-09-29 14:21   
Regardless if a sub faction appeared from the nexus, The Mir are still an enemy to UGTO forces. As they are to ICC and K'luth. Maybe the sub-faction could be manipulated to our advantage? Im just throwing the idea out there.

-Latrodectus

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-09-29 14:27   
There can't be a sub-faction, or a splinter faction, of the Mi, due to it being a single being.

'Individual' ships are appendages of ONE mind, not a hive mind similar to the borg.

Email Supertrooper
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-29 16:30   
May I make the assumption Nexus 14 exists as a subsection of MIR due to phycial contrains of the universe: communication is not instantanious.

therefore, to the MIR which values efficency, a special task force was created to speciallize in the annialation of KLUTH. Instead of relaying evey order and command back to the MIR, Nexus14 must have some degree of autonomy. And the extent of that autonomy is relative to the complexity of the task MIR delegated to it.

Plz tell me if the above is incorrect.

If the above is true, may I also assume that individual drones respond to direct control of nexus-14 rather than the vast central collective.

their Action are more akin to the muscle memmery of a trained athelet, rather than a contious command of the brain.

Then is it not possible for a single drone, under the proper circumstances to act independently?

The extent of that independence relative to the complexity of the task assign to it. Ie. the more complex the task, the more complex the program used to solve it.

Then therotically, if the drone found (by accident) a race of being that could destroy the kluth MORE effciently than itself. would it not be logical for the drone to aid the said race in attacking the kluth, and prehaps seek to learn from them to enhance its own abilities?

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2008-09-29 16:42   
Does it? Just because human scientists haven't learned a way to warp space to transmit information over vast distances quickly doesnt mean other races havent... May haps they have Pinpoint wormhole burst communication arrays... Might not be instant communication but maybe relayed data from this arm of the galaxy to their source zone might only take seconds or minutes...

You have to think a little more outside the box when considering alien races... Especially the Mi.

The Mi were originally created by Nimby. I was was tasked with fleshing out and closing the frame work of Nimby's creation. Nimby is no longer active leaving them in the care of their foster father, me... Just as I created the pirates and all their tenants. I promised to keep the Mi as Nimby envisioned them... Where as the Pirates are as I envisioned them... So are other "concepts".

Shig's become the foster father of the AI space monsters...

So I'll let Shig speak for the Gaifens and EE's, but when it comes to the Pirates or the Mi, I make sure they are kept in context with their original concepts...

That said, the Mi are incapable of having a "Rebellion" or splinter faction soley on their core hive creation concept.

Email Tael
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-29 16:59   
kinda like replicators in a sense, brilliant concept however generic it might be, keep up the good work!

Email Sens [R33]
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-29 17:12   
I can certainly understand the loyalty and care u feel toward ur creation. I in my action have just committed the equivilent of getting caught sneaking a peek at ur 17 yr old daugther's cleavage. and I absolutly agree that u have to right to feel outraged, and the need to defend her, violently if need be. In fact I salut u for it.

Yet, as we all know, AI and children have a nasty habbit of growing up, and running away from us. As much as we care for them, and pains us as we see them, well, change. ~_~

They will walk the path unknown, and grow, and take others into their hearts. though it hurts our pride to do it, we have to to trust her and let go.

I'm certain im not that someone to make her grow and take her away from u. I know her hardly at all. But i have fought her, and love her, and she is Beautiful...

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-09-29 17:41   
taelerOWNED

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2008-09-29 17:56   
Quote:

On 2008-09-29 17:12, Delando wrote:
Yet, as we all know, AI and children have a nasty habbit of growing up, and running away from us. As much as we care for them, and pains us as we see them, well, change. ~_~

They will walk the path unknown, and grow, and take others into their hearts. though it hurts our pride to do it, we have to to trust her and let go.

Considering I'm the caretaker of the Mi, and can veto anything against their core creation concept, its not likely they will "grow up and run away"... Its a game "creation", not a living being.

Tenants are laid out for each faction... While some area's allow flexibility, there are certain core tenants that supercede and limit just how much flex can be attributed to each faction...

And for the Mi the mother of all tenants are "We are Mi".

Email Tael
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-09-29 18:12   
[quote]
On 2008-09-29 17:56, Tael wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-09-29 17:12, Delando wrote:

And for the Mi the mother of all tenants are "We are Mi".

ok, unless I read most of that wrong, and I'll admit that I didn't read most of it, shouldn't it read "I am Mi?"

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-29 18:26   
Quote:[/small]

On 2008-09-29 12:45, Historian wrote:

There is already a story that will explain how the MI may become a playable faction, given the above, but the details remain secret.

[ This Message was edited by: Historian on 2008-09-29 12:51 ]

Would u mind posting a link to this story, sounds interesting.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2008-09-29 17:41, Doran wrote:
taelerOWNED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

about 30 sec too late, good try.

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-09-29 18:28 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-29 18:32   
If Tael makes MiR
Tael = GOD
If GOD says NO,
NO means NO.

Email Sens [R33]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027427 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR