Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [EVENT]3 On 3 BATTLE!! Sat. 10/4/2008 Results!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author [EVENT]3 On 3 BATTLE!! Sat. 10/4/2008 Results!!!
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-28 20:43   
1.500 ver.
EVENT:
--3 on 3 Melee. (Gift of The Princess)

LOCATION of EVENT:
--IN R33, in near the Inferno planet of FURY. 1.500 ver this will be in the Epsilon.C.A. Zone, or enter from Sol zone by Lala to R33 Jump Gate

TIME of EVENT:
--Saturday 10/04/2008, 14:00:00 Central

EVENT TYPE:
THREE V.S. THREE COMBAT TO THE D3ATH!!!
Opposing sides have no restrictions on Ship Class, and can come up with any combo of 3 ships they wish to use. Limit on Dreads and Stations: each group may have Either 1 Station OR 2 Dreads.

STORY:
AN entity claiming to be Princess of Cygnus have appeared to the leaders of KLUTH, ICC and UGTO. Beautiful, Enchanting, and Fatal, she is an emissary from the distant Kýêíï?Galaxy.

A cybernectic race that intertangles technology and grace, her ship seems more art than weaponry. Yet the first UGTO Battle Cruiser Squadron vaporizeds in a nanosecond when they demanded to board her ship. They were "UNSUITABLE"

She came offering her friendship, and Kýêíï?technology:
By selecting worthy beings among the three Factions to "BOND" with her.

She has announced a Tournoment to select a Team of beings with the greatest Combat Instinct, Tactical Skill and Strategic Ability to become "Terminal" to "PLUG-IN" to her and become her "SLAVE UNITS"

Her name is Odette...

teams should Sign UP here with ur Names and Rank, to better match u with an opponent.

PRIZE(pending Approval):
--200pres for the Winners of Each Round.

--1000pres for Turney Grand Champions

RULES:

--Interdictor are prohibited.

-- Beacon Spam ( i.e. launch of more than 3 beacons rapidly will result in disqualification).

--Time limit is set to 10 Min. Winner will be awarded to the team that kills the most enemy ships. If tied, Sudden Death round will start and team that makes the First Kill wins.

--Teams will only announce their Ship choice at the BEGINING of the EVENT. the WINNER of each round may NOT change Ships, but are free to make modification to their existing ship mods before the next round.

--In Event of Faction conflict, one Team will be asked to change factions, decided by coin toss.

--Each Round begins with Opposing forces line up facing each other 2000gu apart.

1.500 BUG: since this new version was only released 2 days ago, there still mayber many hidden bugs. In case of runing into performance hampering bugs mid game, Yell out and we'll ty to compensate for it.

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-10-04 07:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: EventOrganizer[3 On 3 Battle] on 2008-10-04 16:53 ]

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-28 20:53   
i will be there

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-09-28 21:35   
u got me, i am looking forward to this!

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-09-28 21:40   
What? The Mir are an entirely machine race with a central collective AI consciousness.

ED/PD fest?

Sorry, this ones just not well thought out. Good attempt but... poor execution.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-28 21:54   
OK, I've removed ED, PD, Scouts, ICC sensor Frig from the Valid Ship list.

I would appreciate any feedback, if theres anyother changes, other over powered, device or ship that should be prohibited.

Also, teams should Sign UP here with ur Names and Rank, to better match u with an opponent.

NOTE: U will need to announce what ships ur intend to use at the BEGINING of the EVENT. U may not change ships once the EVENT has started, but u may modify them.

The reason for this is to add suprise to the EVENT. U and ur team will have to come up with a sound startegy.

Do u try to overpower ur opponents with sheer fire power(Dreads), Unbreakable defenses(Station), agility and speed(dressy), or toughness and flexibility (crusiers).

or do u MIX and Match?

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-09-28 22:31 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-29 00:38   
You may want to read the thread "Referencing NPC factions" before 'finalizing' this. Seems pretty absurd to me a MIR ship as small as a pea compared to the MIR collective would rebel, especially when its just part of a collective entity.

It'd be like one of your cells rebelling against your body.

[ This Message was edited by: Pitch Bardiche on 2008-09-29 00:38 ]

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-29 00:52   
Quote:

On 2008-09-29 00:38, Pitch Bardiche wrote:
You may want to read the thread "Referencing NPC factions" before 'finalizing' this. Seems pretty absurd to me a MIR ship as small as a pea compared to the MIR collective would rebel, especially when its just part of a collective entity.

#1 the post "Referencing NPC factions" was posted after this event was posted

#2 theres a possible story for everything could be a small glitch in that MIs programming that lead to self awareness... maybe it was reprogrammed like in terminator use your imagination bard

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
philll
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-29 03:12   
Quote:

heard of cancer?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-29 06:52   
Quote:

On 2008-09-29 03:12, philll wrote:

heard of cancer?

Wat.

Cancer is one of your body's cells mutating and being unable to perform it's job. It's not some hip-young youth cell with anime hair and some kind of plot device or anything trying to conquer your body. Don't they teach you anything in biology?

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-09-29 07:59   
now if this does work and is used as an event ill sigh up (if i can sort out a team first ill ask my fleet mates then ask faction team mates)

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-29 08:53   
Notice: I wrote, "claimed to be the Princess of MIR" , I never said definitively whether She is or not.

Anyhow, if the staff asks me to i'll change the story.

To tell u the truth, I wrote this event for the KLUTH. I have the privlage to work with some of the kluth Greats in the past few month. I have found that while kluth ships are handicaped in 1 on 1 duels, when they number more than 3, they could fight on par with close to twice the enemy.

I also want to promote "party" style combat, in a "encounter" stituation, Where u dont know quite what u will be facing.

From the view of a kluth player:
a trio of mandis will decimate 3 dressys, but may get slaughterd if they ran into a 3 AD's or 3 UGTO Station.

for that, a group of more agile Scales with long range weaponry will prove to be more deadly.

I've made it so that no one will know what ships their opponents will use until the even begins. But after the first round U may modify ur ships to adapt to ur next set of opponents.

Ie. Had 3 mandis all beams, facing 3 stations next round => get all psi cannons, and missiles.

Pop Quiz: u know ur facing 3 FA kluth, ur UGTO, what's ur best ship choice?

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-29 09:48   
@bob

that would depend on your definition of rebellion.
a "cancer cell" is a cell that bascily reproduces as much as possible. not sure about other affects it might have on the body (other than leaving a gap where it once belonged in the work cycle) but the most common one would be a tumor.
so in effect it rebels by turning against the body and following its own "wishes".

or am i totaly wrong?

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-29 10:23   
This is pretty far fetched given the canon, though, and I can't understand why you refuse to change this. The UGTO and ICC governments are in denial, K'Luth is in fear, and MI itself doesn't seem like the sort to assign sentient minds to his own "body" parts, given that it is very inefficient to allow strife to exist within itself.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-29 12:42   
I don't think he's not agreeing to change it, bard. He just said he would a few posts back.

Anyway, why don't you write up a backstory then. These events are good for players as is, and I don't really see a need to "solidfy" them with serious event plotline.

Elite Dark Lord
Cadet

Posted: 2008-09-29 13:45   
cool this is after my birthday

[ This Message was edited by: Double Agent (recruting) on 2008-09-29 13:53 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025116 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR