No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Star Trek XI Cast List
 Author Star Trek XI Cast List
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-09-22 04:31   
Chris Pine - Kirk

Zachary Quinto - Spock

Simon Pegg - Scotty (he played in Shaun of the Dead)

Winona Ryder - Amanda Greyson (she's Lydia, and from edward scissorhands)

Zoe Saldana - Uhura

Karl Urban - Leonard 'Bones' Mccoy

John Cho - Hikaru Sulu

Bruce Greenwood - Christopher Pike

Anton Yelchin - Pavel Chekov

Leonard Nimoy - Old Spock

this is taken out of IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

apparently their doing a flashback type of thing. having a 'pretty boy' as Kirk....we shall see, but i hold little hope. the role of Kirk has HUGE shoes to fill.

EDIT: and in my very own personal opinion...getting the main actor from Shooter to play as Mccoy, is a VERY bad choice... i have a sinking feeling the movie is going to flop. i sincerely hope not, for the sake of the future of the Star Trek Franchise.

[ This Message was edited by: leonide *FM* on 2008-09-22 04:34 ]

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-09-22 11:00   
Zachary Quinto is a spot on choice for Spock

Simon Pegg will be awesome as Scotty . I can't wait to here the lines that come forth from his lips.

Karl Urban as Bones though? Erk. He barely pulled off Doom!

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2008-09-22 11:01 ]

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-09-22 12:52   
Quote:

On 2008-09-22 11:00, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Simon Pegg will be awesome as Scotty . I can't wait to here the lines that come forth from his lips.

QFT.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-09-22 14:06   
Quote:

QFT +2

Email Leonide
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-09-22 20:11   
Karl Urbans a bit too much of a badass for a doctor, but he can definately pull off McCoy's attitude though. Bit of a deeper voice than shoulda been cast, but passable. Paul McGillion's in it - awesomeness, I may just go see this now.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-22 21:03   
If Scotty doesn't mention the Winchester at all, I'll be disappointed,

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2008-09-22 23:17   
I don't hold high hopes for this movie... Since it was announced I thought it was a bad idea...

And much like they did with the T.V. show Enterprise, this movie is throwing Startrek canon out the window... There are some very established time lines and history to Startrek that this movie is totally ignoring...

Remember, Spock served with Captain Pike originally on the enterprise. Pike was the first captain of the Enterprise NCC 1701. The Pilot episode and events that happened on it (show was recast later to include Shatner as Kirk and the pilot was chopped up and shown in a flash back to support the trial for Spocks mutany) was actually from 5 years BEFORE Kirk made it to the rank of Captain and took command of the Enterprise.

It was also established canon that Spock had actually served in Starfleet twice. Once when he was younger and then again later when he met Kirk.. At the time of TOS Spock was suppose to be 70, as Vulcans live nearly twice as long as humans, and in Starfleet for the second time.

So this movie is suppose to be about their days in the Acadamy together... But how is that possible when Spock was never in the acadamey with Kirk?

Email Tael
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-09-22 23:50   
Quote:

On 2008-09-22 23:17, Tael wrote:
I don't hold high hopes for this movie... Since it was announced I thought it was a bad idea...

And much like they did with the T.V. show Enterprise, this movie is throwing Startrek canon out the window... There are some very established time lines and history to Startrek that this movie is totally ignoring...

Remember, Spock served with Captain Pike originally on the enterprise. Pike was the first captain of the Enterprise NCC 1701. The Pilot episode and events that happened on it (show was recast later to include Shatner as Kirk and the pilot was chopped up and shown in a flash back to support the trial for Spocks mutany) was actually from 5 years BEFORE Kirk made it to the rank of Captain and took command of the Enterprise.

It was also established canon that Spock had actually served in Starfleet twice. Once when he was younger and then again later when he met Kirk.. At the time of TOS Spock was suppose to be 70, as Vulcans live nearly twice as long as humans, and in Starfleet for the second time.

So this movie is suppose to be about their days in the Acadamy together... But how is that possible when Spock was never in the acadamey with Kirk?

another reason why i don't hold much hope for this movie. i just hope that the Star Trek franchise isn't hurt by this movie. i want another show to come out ( that ISN'T ENTERPRISE.)

Email Leonide
Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-09-23 00:34   
well thats dissapointing.....

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-23 00:40   
As far as i'm concerned, ST died at the closeing credits of the the last DS9 episode...i hates Voyager, and Enterprise just didn't fit in with the others...I hope they scrap this project before it's finished.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-09-23 03:24   
Quote:

On 2008-09-23 00:40, Swis$anater wrote:
As far as i'm concerned, ST died at the closeing credits of the the last DS9 episode...i hates Voyager, and Enterprise just didn't fit in with the others...I hope they scrap this project before it's finished.

voyager is varied in opinion from person to person. me, i loved it. a lot of adventure and battles, and the whole struggle to survive thing. was awesome. but yes, Enterprise sucked badly.

Email Leonide
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-09-23 13:38   
I long ago accepted the facts that established history in these shows & movies is something to be discarded for the sake of telling a singular story. Dig too deep into anything and you're going to be disappointed, its better to take entertainment at face value. You can nitpick anything to death if you put the effort into it.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-09-23 13:46   
Quote:[/small]

On 2008-09-23 00:40, Swis$anater wrote:

On 2008-09-23 23:50, leonide *FM* wrote:
voyager is varied in opinion from person to person. me, i loved it. a lot of adventure and battles, and the whole struggle to survive thing. was awesome. but yes, Enterprise sucked badly.

[/quote]

Enterprise sucked? omg.. compared to voyager and ds9, enterprise was the breath of fresh air that the series needed... although I guess everyone is entitled to their ideas, I just had to comment when I saw that. Sisko and Janeway vs Archer? Poor Jonathan, where's the competition? Ah yes, I forgot... Kirk's dead and Picard hasn't been born.

Just my .02 cents

[ This Message was edited by: Rae on 2008-09-23 13:48 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2008-09-23 13:57   
Quote:

On 2008-09-23 13:46, Rae wrote:
Sisko and Janeway vs Archer? Poor Jonathan, where's the competition? Ah yes, I forgot... Kirk's dead and Picard hasn't been born.

Actually Enterprise took place 80 years before TOS, therefore Kirk wasn't born yet either...

Personally I liked Voyager more than DS9. DS9 was just to dry for me, and many viewers in fact. Thats why they started the whole Dominion war storyline to try and win back viewers. Its helped boost the ratings, but many people like myself never bothered going back. Voyager was put on after TNG went off because they were trying to keep two shows on the air at a time... The first couple of seasons of Voyager were lame, but it did get better near the end, only the ending was to anti-climatic... And they started relying to much on alternate time line crisis story lines...

Rodenberry had a vision of the Startrek Universe where everyone mostly got along. After he passed away the tennents set for TOS and TNG would not allow them the range of leeway to create inner crew drama and friction. That was the whole compelling reason to make DS9, since it wasn't dreamed up by Rodenberry, the producers felt it was alright to make it darker and go against the we are one crew better humanity image Rodenberry was pushing for. Rodenberrys widow, Luxwana Troy, was against DS9 from the very concept....

It was Paramount that pushed DS9 through... And in part its lack of core character cohesion was what nearly led to its down fall before they added the Dominion War Arc.

Email Tael
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-09-23 14:19   
damn... i stand corrected, got my dates wrong. Guess I'm not as much of a ST fan as I thought!! doh!

Page created in 0.021553 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR