No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [Event]Battle At Scientia
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author [Event]Battle At Scientia
Elite Dark Lord
Cadet

Posted: 2008-09-26 23:44   
to bad im going to miss it

sorry

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-27 18:02   
After observation, I believe it would take a minium of 3 station to blocade Scientia from bombing, oweing to Scientia relative small size. However, it would then require the stations orbit the planet very closely.

While pulse wave can be used to destroy any bombs that could slip trough the gaps between teh stations. Due to their recharge time, if Kluth and ugto adopt a "train" bomb tactic, it could be overwhelmed.

Therefore I propose we use a complete physical blocade to prevent any bomb from getting through.

Futher more, I would like to suggest that we either build a sy on Scientia itself or a sy in direct jump line of sight from scientia in order to provide rapid reinforcements.

Also, aside from scientia itself, i think it would be helpfull to have at least 1 depot planet in Epsi with 8+ depots.

Possession of Epsi will be vitial during the event. I advocate action against R33 for the next 24 hrs, this way we can force Ugto to strech their supply lines. And Gate mining would become a valid option as a bonus.

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-09-27 18:06 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-27 19:47   
i propose a rush of assault destroyers with tractors equiped to ram these said stations into scientia

Email Sens [R33]
philll
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-28 02:51   
Quote:

On 2008-09-27 18:02, Delando wrote:
After observation, I believe it would take a minium of 3 station to blocade Scientia from bombing, oweing to Scientia relative small size. However, it would then require the stations orbit the planet very closely.

While pulse wave can be used to destroy any bombs that could slip trough the gaps between teh stations. Due to their recharge time, if Kluth and ugto adopt a "train" bomb tactic, it could be overwhelmed.

Therefore I propose we use a complete physical blocade to prevent any bomb from getting through.

Futher more, I would like to suggest that we either build a sy on Scientia itself or a sy in direct jump line of sight from scientia in order to provide rapid reinforcements.

Also, aside from scientia itself, i think it would be helpfull to have at least 1 depot planet in Epsi with 8+ depots.

Possession of Epsi will be vitial during the event. I advocate action against R33 for the next 24 hrs, this way we can force Ugto to strech their supply lines. And Gate mining would become a valid option as a bonus.

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-09-27 18:06 ]

ehmm, have you thought about a qst barrage that would cripple anything near scientia?

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-28 09:12   
First,
Sensitivity, i thought u were icc....
Second,
Lv 10 tractors X 4 v.s. ur misely lv 4 tractors, only one doing a stratosphere dive is gonna be u, buddy.

u would be very welcome to try, i'll post a public announcement to congrat ur skills, if u manage to EVEN get within 500 gu of Scientia with ur assult dressy.

Yes, phill, in another thread, Hellfire Task Force, deathblave, spirit of fire, point of no return, and i, delando have created and tested a MD group to break station qst siege. If u could field a MD as well, that would be awsome.

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-09-28 09:17 ]

The Master Debator
Cadet

Posted: 2008-09-28 09:15   
Quote:

On 2008-09-28 09:12, Delando wrote:
First,
Second,
Lv 10 tractors X 4 v.s. ur misely lv 4 tractors, only doing a stratosphere dive is gonna be u, buddy.

Yes, phill, in another thread, Hellfire Task Force, deathblave, spirit of fire, point of no return, and i, delando have created and tested a MD group to break station qst siege. If u could field a MD as well, that would be awsome.

you cant tractor someone into planet if your facing away from it..., in addition, the only reason i said assault dessie is because they have 3 layers of fore armor. And imo, 4 dessies for a station isnt a bad trade.

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-28 09:25   
Quote:

On 2008-09-28 09:15, Fatal Squadron wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-09-28 09:12, Delando wrote:
First,
Second,
Lv 10 tractors X 4 v.s. ur misely lv 4 tractors, only doing a stratosphere dive is gonna be u, buddy.

you cant tractor someone into planet if your facing away from it..., in addition, the only reason i said assault dessie is because they have 3 layers of fore armor. And imo, 4 dessies for a station isnt a bad trade.

Once again, I thought ur ICC....
ARE U, a [FS], going to show up in a ugto Assult Dressy and push ur FELLOW [FS] members in to Scientia?!

second, have u EVEN used a station before?

The Master Debator
Cadet

Posted: 2008-09-28 09:38   
Devils Advocate is my name

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-28 10:23   
your kind of underestimating kluth and ugto forces...
a couple of MDs wont thwart an entire armada. sure itll be pesky but in the end youll just lag our guys into scientia and maybe chase away a station or two. not going to change the fact that well lose quite alot of armor/hull to qst's

deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-28 10:40   
thats the crusiers job other ships will be engage the enemys while darting in the planets def range and everbody knows its 2 vs 1 odds icc win most of the time

Email deathblave
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-28 10:45   
Quote:

On 2008-09-28 10:40, fatal deathblave wrote:
thats the crusiers job other ships will be engage the enemys while darting in the planets def range and everbody knows its 2 vs 1 odds icc win most of the time

id like to see 5 cruisers willingly place themselves infront of 10 QSTS coming from 4kgu away

Email Sens [R33]
deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-28 11:08   
i have a death wish anyways il die but not before i take a few utgo with me hahahhahaha

Email deathblave
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-28 12:11   
hell with this crap everyone is on edge pissing people off im just trying to plan a fun event but if its just like this then peace u guys enjoy the event on yer own ill come back after to see how it went i was trying to talk to shig and one joke i said triggers the whole lobby into mayham then what happened shig walked out leaving me high and dry so whatever...

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-28 12:25   
Phill, I have the utmost repect for the damge potential of a Ugto Station Fleet. I've died facing them in the past. Which is the exact reason why we wish to plan ahead.

MD is happens to be the most effective Mid-rank dread, avalible to VAs. and luckily it offers a distinct advantage when countering Station Fleets.

I would very much appricate any constructive advice u could offer in tackling this problem.

I.e. station fleet of our own, or AD strike force to rush the stations...

Jbud, all of us: ICC, UGTO, and KLUTH could not possible thank u enough for holding the SUNDAY events.
As far as I'm concerned, u've single handedly saved Darkspace. I mean when was the LAST time we had an empty lobby and a 30+ in MV. u have (no offence) done more than the MODs for this community. and attaind Demigodhood our eyes. HUZZAH!!

Yes, there's alot of fencing between player. But we are fencing over "How to Win Jbud's Event" we are passionate about our points of view, but i believe we have presented them in a manner that's at least 50% constructive.

So plz do not forsakke us, urs is the path of glory, o lord Jbud.

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-09-28 12:37 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-28 13:13   
Quote:

On 2008-09-28 12:11, Admiral JBud *NCO* wrote:
hell with this crap everyone is on edge pissing people off im just trying to plan a fun event but if its just like this then peace u guys enjoy the event on yer own ill come back after to see how it went i was trying to talk to shig and one joke i said triggers the whole lobby into mayham then what happened shig walked out leaving me high and dry so whatever...

also known as cracking under pressure
easily avoidable by ignoring the bickering trolls around you.
you had me there for a second haha.

Email Sens [R33]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018525 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR