Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Where is it?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Where is it?
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-09-05 15:48   
I have been amazed, awed,impressed, stupified, and even shocked by the (hopfully comming soon) 1.500 beta. i have seen Brandy New Graphics And Effects, New Cool Aspects To The Game And Neet New Things Added, even new ships!
But heres the point to this topic, i have played all 3 sides and i have noticed a little thing that bothers me, so here it is: The Kluth Have Gained a New And Great Ship! The ICC & UGTO Have Gained New And Gre... wait what, the ICC & UGTO actually havent gained any new ships!?!? Not Only That But An ICC Ship Is Actually Taken Away! So Heres My Question, Where Is The New ICC & UGTO Ships? Will We Get Some? What Will They Be? Will They Have A New Model? When Will They Arive In The Beta? And Will They Have Any Tactical Use To The Us?

this topic is to have these questions awnsered, not trying to be blunt, but i am a bit worried about when 1.500 is released and the ICC are actually missing ships. anyway, would love an awnser to these questions and quickly and as accurately as posible. ty

[ This Message was edited by: Spirit Of Fire on 2008-09-05 15:58 ]

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-05 16:17   
The ICC is missing the WH cruiser because it would only have a range of like, half a system and the other one (border cruiser i think) was never used

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-09-05 16:28   
I've got a better question for you. What the hell do we NEED new ships for? We've got a metric crapton of unused ships right now as it is.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-05 16:40   
lol, well so do the kluth, but they seem to still get new ships, why cant we?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-05 17:20   
Quote:

On 2008-09-05 16:28, Coeus wrote:
We've got a metric crapton of unused ships right now as it is.

Such as?

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-05 23:11   
We cleaned up a few ships which weren't being used and served no purpose.

Also, the Kluth have always had fewer ships than humans, so adding one to them doesn't mean humans have to get another as well.

Plus, (as the kluth numbers attest) we don't just aim for parity in ship numbers between factions. Its nice to have it, I guess, but it doesn't really matter, and its not something we really pay attention to.

Email Shigernafy
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-05 23:31   
ok, ok fair. but i remember looking at the ship and how can i put this... it is kind of OVER KILL!!!

what, something like 6-8 stellor insinerators, and i forget how many distruptor assults. how is anything besides a dread gunna take a alphia from something like that?

i can understand why you may add another ship to them ( would still like to see a new breathe of air for the other factions). But Why such A Powerful Ship??? The Trade Off Dosent Really Feel Fair, Exleast To Me.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-09-06 00:32   
you say powerful i guess you haven't been told about the the reduce in Core weapon damage.

K'Luth where missing a Medium range dread, the Krill is the answer.
But i would not say it is at anyway easy to fly. It is weak at short range and the best move would be uncloak at core range and let of two salvo before cloaking again to regain your energy.

The Master Debator
Cadet

Posted: 2008-09-06 09:06   
i would personally like to see more torpedo oriented and cannon oriented ships on all factions.

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-06 10:01   
BattleCruiser - Anti Dread Ship, Cruisers heavily shafted and Dessies that are awesome (Actually awesome, Not ED 483 Awesome... If that can be described as Awesome?) And ofc the ability to get a dread, heavily increased on multiple points.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2008-09-06 19:52   
Anti dread ship-Battle Station

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-07 10:15   
well i remember a while back there was some stuff about making a new model of an ICC carrier, is that still in the works, or is that idea scrapped too?

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-09-07 17:39   
Quote:

On 2008-09-07 10:15, Spirit Of Fire wrote:
well i remember a while back there was some stuff about making a new model of an ICC carrier, is that still in the works, or is that idea scrapped too?

any development on beta has stopped cold completely. draf is (was) away, shig aint(can't) do much, and Faustus is missing completely. so we get to wait another year before we see another advancement for beta.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-07 18:01   
well thats a little diapointing... dont u guys have a team leader or something, to help orginise things like this?

anyway, so all this hype about 1.500 is all a crock... kinda a let down.

o'well

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-09-07 19:17   
I can't speak for the dev's but.

They have a problem what to do first, you can plan allot but sometimes things can't be changed/made whiteout the support from Faustus.
Currently there is a weapons problem, damage isn't registered instantly, takes like 8 to 14 seconds to even show up and even then it might not be the correct amount of damage.
Where did that problem orientate from? i don't know, dev's may know, but it needs to be fixed. This all hinders progress of balance testing.
Still i hope this gets fixed soon.

Yes i to have heard about a new ICC carrier cruiser, and even some other ships but. people can make 1000 models of all kinds of ships.
Problem is that the dev's can't import them, (don't ask me why) but still then you have a problem.
If i recall Drafell has atleast 3 event Corvettes on his list, and maybe a lot more.
(You showed me the diplomat corvettes 2 years ago draf, i hope you still have them around, the looked cool.)

Team leader? sounds like a good idea but everything is volunteering, can hardly accept a volunteer to take the roll of a leader, when he still has his own life.

Last note:
My best wishes to the dev's and hope they can spend atleast a hour or two every week to keep it going.
If there are any faults in my statement, feel free to correct me. But don't blame me, I as a supporter am just try to keep up with the latest dev changes.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.031362 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR