Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » Scientia (continued)...
 Author Scientia (continued)...
SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-09-01 11:57   
..... After the weapons testing and the attack that followed after the testing the pirates have allied them selves with the Mir and the Renagades to take over Scientia and its 2 Secret reserch bases that no one was able to find due to the K'luth cloaking devices they had installed to keep them safe from them scoundrel pirates.. Now that Scientia has fallen to this new found alliance, the few surviors that escaped all three planets now in space sending emergency rescue signals on all chanels requesting assistance to return to their forward command base at phaedra and for a large scale assault on scientia it's self and then it's 2 secret Reserch Bases that will be revield to everyone after Scientia is captured.......

Be warned you will encounter heavy resistance thru out the system due to the pirates wanting the reserch at scientia, most of all the experimental super soliders and Heavy Assault Transports (HAT as they call them) that carry only 5 weapons 4 of them are Disruptor Assaults and a Quantum Singularity Torpedo but wat they gain in weapons they lack in Jump drives and speed there are 5 in total the scientists would like them caputred IF posible..

workings...........

each Heavy Assault Transport captured bout 150 bonus prestige
each Heavy Assault Transport destroyed bout 50-100 bonus prestige
Scientia captured with all building INTACT 200 bonus prestige
Scientia captured but FLATTENED 100 bonus prestige
Secret Reserch Base Alpha and Beta captured with all buildings INTACT 150 bonus prestige for each planet
Secret Reserch Base Alpha and Beta captured but Flattened 100 bonus prestige for each planet

the AI im thinking about normal to hard difficulty all three the Mir, Pirates and Renagades rotating thru a script

Event should last for near enough a whole day

Hope everyone likes it...

[ This Message was edited by: SaturnShadow*FC*(Angel Of Darkness) on 2008-09-01 15:36 ]

Captain LlamaPajamas
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-01 12:00   
Egad!

Email Captain LlamaPajamas
The Master Debator
Cadet

Posted: 2008-09-01 12:29   
is this today?

Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-09-01 12:33   
havent yet sorted a date but if i cant give a date then im sure the mods could give me one plus this would need time to set up
i would need to know how long it would take for a AI script to be written the 2 planets to be added to epsilon carne but out the way so no one would dare to look for them, then the 5 Transports to get 5 weapons 4 disruptor Assaults and a QST installed then all the planets involved with the event to get the required defence special names to be added
then would need a good day that we could host this, PLUS i might add anexrta day to it if that could be posible

[ This Message was edited by: SaturnShadow*FC*(Angel Of Darkness) on 2008-09-01 12:44 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-01 14:08   
Except logically Scientia has no hidden research bases. Given its pact with the human two factions, it'd be silly to divide its resources over a multitude of places if it is far easier to defend a single place - the failure on Scientia event notwithstanding.

As well, where'd the Super Soliders (soldiers?) come from, and the Heavy Assault Transports? I mean, Scientia does not develop soldiers, and idk about Pirates/MIR teaming up and creating super powerful stuff for the sole purpose of protecting plans involving biological solutions to ozon layer breakoffs, global warming and such non-military stuff.

Recall, Scientia does research to better humanity, with its research to turn K'Luth into mindless drones aimed at a way of a non-hostile way of ending the war. After all, it'd not involve bloodshed at all, and K'Luth and humanity could live side by side. If you think on it, Scientia's folks are pretty pacifist.

It must be mentioned it is admirable someone's stepping up to contribute to the events scene.

[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2008-09-01 14:09 ]

Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-09-01 14:51   
yes but these weapons were for taking on the Mir and pirates untill they caught on and took on the task of taking scientia for their own devices and to turn them weapons onto the factions they attack and for the Mir well lets just say they calcuated that these new weapons were a threat to their kind and couldnt take scientia on their own so they requested help from these pirates to take scientia to study these weapons to find how to counter them, the pirates on the other hand could take the technology for their own make duplicate's and sell them on the black market.

when they did take scientia the mir learnt of scientia's 2 secret reserch bases in the system by hacking the supercomputer for info..... thus before hand scientia knew they wouldnt be safe for long so they set up 2 secret reserch bases to carry on with their reserch for if something happened to the main reserch lab on scientia. They just didnt realise the calculation of Mir and Pirates teaming up was soo high to take scientia so they didnt set up emergency measures to wipe the hard drive on their super computers about the location of the these bases.

On a side note these super soldiers werent ment for the intended use for war they were to become the new peace keeping force and them Heavy Assault Transports were ment to be their ships that could be used in space and in the atmsphere these guys would help combat these pirates and and anyone that tried to disrupt the peace. Yes they wasnt being reserched on scientia that is why the 2 Bases were needed one for the reserch of these super soldiers the other for the Heavy Assault Transports and the weapon they tested on scientia was suposed to be the weapons for their ships.

Now to go into more detail with these soldiers, they were hand picked from all across the Universe that had the best gene's and trained from the age of 3Yrs on Alpha Base trained in hand to hand combat and all the rest that all other soldiers training had and much more and all this took 10 years then came their vacines and hormone growth injections, after that had been completed they had 2 years to relax, then for the next 5 years they went thru more training and more injections to make their reflexes 10x quicker than a normal human and slight muscle inhancements making them 2x as strong as someone their own age, then they had 1 year to train in training armor and vehicle training, after they were 21 years old they was ment to be leaving for the Beta base to get hold of their weapons armor and ships then to start their mission to make the Universe a better place for everyone.

[ This Message was edited by: SaturnShadow*FC*(Angel Of Darkness) on 2008-09-01 15:30 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-01 16:41   
Except that the term pacifist here applies to "does not contribute to the construction of weaponry in any shape, form or way, but seeks to invent ways in which humanity can live in peace". Super Soldiers as peace force still counts as weapons development.

Since Scientia is utterly defenseless it has that pact with UGTO and ICC. It didn't get that pact by being a military able force. Really, srsly.

The Master Debator
Cadet

Posted: 2008-09-01 17:14   
Quote:

On 2008-09-01 16:41, Bardiche wrote:
Except that the term pacifist here applies to "does not contribute to the construction of weaponry in any shape, form or way, but seeks to invent ways in which humanity can live in peace". Super Soldiers as peace force still counts as weapons development.

Since Scientia is utterly defenseless it has that pact with UGTO and ICC. It didn't get that pact by being a military able force. Really, srsly.

Peace through pow- yeah no, I agree with bard, trannies with qsts and super soldiers dont sound very darkspacy at all, i would rather see a cluster revolt with pirate ships defending it or something along those terms.

Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-09-16 11:33   
not my fault i get ideas and then go over board

deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-16 15:21   
i like it ur just being negative and what goverment doesnty resarce milltry tech even if it had a pac and whats the deal with u guys itl last almost the whole day jeeze i support it

Email deathblave
The Master Debator
Cadet

Posted: 2008-09-16 18:58   
Quote:

On 2008-09-16 15:21, fatal instinct1 wrote:
i like it ur just being negative and what goverment doesnty resarce milltry tech even if it had a pac and whats the deal with u guys itl last almost the whole day jeeze i support it

because the fact of the matter is, the event isnt within the context of the original plot, and its just... too far "out there"

not saying cheese riots aren't absurd but that is an entirely different matter.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-09-16 21:09   
"the pirates have allied them selves with the Mir and the Renagades"

the pirates, and the renegades, have allied themselves with the marauding, super-powerful, wants-to-eliminate-every-living-thing-in-the-universe robots.

Latrodectus
Captain

Posted: 2008-09-17 14:30   
I would apriciate a date time, i would love to take part in this.

Page created in 0.028581 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR