No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » So what do YOU Listen to?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author So what do YOU Listen to?
The Master Debator
Cadet

Posted: 2008-08-13 07:41   
Being a musically oriented person, I am interested to know what the playerbase of darkspace enjoys, be it Prog rock, Trance, or god forbid Rap/Hip-Hop.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Sensation on 2008-08-13 08:32 ]

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-13 07:49   
I like most types of music but i am really into stuff like rock. I play guitar so i appreciate the solos more than anything else in it.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-08-13 12:03   
hate music and hate people who listen music.

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-13 12:47   
Quote:

On 2008-08-13 12:03, pakhos wrote:

Lol how do you live?!

Myself love all types of music, some less so than others, but very proud of my collection! rarely catch me not listening to music, unless on ventrilo of course.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-13 12:50   
Quote:

music is such a vague term. your heartbeat is music.

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2008-08-13 12:54   
As a person who was raised and groomed to be a concert pianist (my mom was one) I enjoy classical music. I mainly enjoy classical peices that the piano is the main player.

A perfect example would be The Piano Sonata No. 14 in C-sharp minor "Quasi una fantasia", Op. 27, No. 2, by Ludwig van Beethoven, also known as the "Moonlight Sonata". This was the centerpeice, the grand finale, of what I learned to play.

I also like the slower electric guitar solos of the 60's. Yes I am a child of the "Hippie Rock Era" as well, enjoying such classic rock people as Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison of The Doors.

So yes, I am pretty much open to all types of music...

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-13 16:28   
I find I like rock more than anything else ( a very vague term, I know). I am, however, extremely picky with what I like within that broad genre; most stuff that comes out is rubbish.

Aside from that, one guy I think is amazing is Ludovico Einaudi. He's an Italian pianist (you might like him, Rocko), and he scored and played one particular song which is my favourite piano piece ever. It's called Le Onde (the wave).

Link to the video I've checked the comments and such

[ This Message was edited by: YIIMM on 2008-08-13 16:32 ]

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-08-13 17:40   
God forbid indeed.

Hip hop all the way.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-08-13 17:52   
It was a test post. I just wanted to see if it was going to be removed like my other post by doran or nax.(i dont know which one of them but someone removed like 6 of my post).

The Master Debator
Cadet

Posted: 2008-08-13 17:56   
hehe

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-13 18:16   
I have been a professional musician for a long time playing rock, metal, and, well, fusion jazz. I love listening to classical music, and was a music major in college. I used to sit with symphonic conductor scores (condensed score for easy reading) and read along as I listened to Stravinsky, Beethoven, Berg, Sheonberg, Webern, Wagner, etc...

I love jazz because it is the most alive type of music I have ever played or listened to. For you non musical types, what I mean by alive is that most jazz, well, all real jazz, is improvised. I love improvisational music, there is no better feeling than playing with a good band and not really knmowing what is comeing next, but somehow pulling something beautiful out of the thematic material.

I love heavy metal, stuff like Dream theater especially. I played in more than a couple metal bands back in the 90's.

These days i make pretty good money playing in a typical radio rock cover band. We play stuff like Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, Marylin Manson, Godsmack, Toadies, etc...

So i guess I am into everything. Last year I was playing in a blues band, which at the time was a new experience for me.

Music i don't like? Well, poorly written or performed music. there is a lot of that around these days too.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-13 19:19   
Quote:

On 2008-08-13 17:52, pakhos wrote:
It was a test post. I just wanted to see if it was going to be removed like my other post by doran or nax.(i dont know which one of them but someone removed like 6 of my post).

maybe you should, uh, ask why? you know, so you don't make the same mistake again?

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-08-13 19:34   
all sorts of things.

in absolutely no particular order:

madeski martin and wood, radiohead, pink floyd, muse, coltrane, dust brothers, flaming lips, rob d, mozart, massive attack, old school snoop dre and warren g, led zepplin, jimmy hendrix, bob dylan, the who, 70s aerosmith, old eric clapton, grateful dead, grandaddy, dan the automator, parliament funkadelic, wu-tang clan, air (french band), stevie wonder, white stripes, sigur ros, tom waits, beck, nirvana, the eagles, frank zappa, rolling stones, blues traveler.... and I'm sure many others I can't think of.

[ This Message was edited by: dj42 {C?} on 2008-08-13 19:35 ]
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-08-13 20:39   
Quote:

On 2008-08-13 12:50, HeavyRob wrote:
Quote:

music is such a vague term. your heartbeat is music.

When the sardine begin the beguine it's music to me.

Uuuh, Pop, Country, Classical, Jazz, Blues, Rock, idk idk.

Urocyon
Cadet

Posted: 2008-08-13 23:15   
Used to listen to country for a couple years, and then I stopped abruptly. Listening to songs about redneck yacht clubs and washed-up celebrities is fun at first. After a while, the novelty wears off and the sour taste in the mouth returns.

I like jazz. I really like jazz. Improvized, synchronized, whatever. And I like it with a nice cup of mocha... and a rainy day. All of those go together well. It's relaxing, it takes my mind off of any distracting problems, and keeps me focused on the present. I've been addicted to jazz since I was a kid.

Instrumental is good. I like any kind of instrumental music, breakbeat, drum'nbass, as long as it's not too techno. It's not that techno is bad, I'm just not a big fan... unless it's 8-bit techno. I can annoy people with that.

Any other kind of music I'll listen to as long as it's tasteful. I don't listen to anything neurotic, namely music written by the same old over-emotional types singing about death, desolation, rebellion, mass destruction, and the apocolypse all because they broke up with their girlfriend (yeah, that's another reason I stopped listening to country).

Generally, most of the music I listen to is Creative Commons. It's not just that it's free. It's original. I turn on the radio and all the music I hear sounds the same. It's all repetitive renditions in the same narrow slice of the spectrum. If it's country, it must be about pick-up trucks, women, or getting drunk. If it's rock, it must be about death, destruction, or lost love. If it's rap, it must contain words that I can't repeat here without getting banned. Music released under the Creative Commons license is much broader and more relaxed, not constrained by what people think music is "supposed" to sound like in each category.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022671 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR