Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Combat Tactics: Siphon + Assult Dread [PrempStike Mod]
 Author Combat Tactics: Siphon + Assult Dread [PrempStike Mod]
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-08-05 13:29   
First off, I must clearify, as i do for my other Combat Tactics series, I'm by no means the best at using AD and Siphons, just made FA a few days ago. So I would deeply appreciate any pointers, suggestion and constructive criticisim from u veterans out there.

Second, plz note this topic is on a specific Modification for the AD and Siphon. Guides to standard AD and Siphon have been written by players far older and wiser than I.

[AD and Siphon Premptive Strike Mod]

Into: While testing the Core Weapon capabilities of what is known as the SuperDreadnaught class, the classical Core weapon Strike at planet hugging target from beyond planet def range (200gu).

It stuck me that this techinque could only be safely executed in superior numbers. since long range point detonation required 1.) close to zero speed, order to sight-in progress of Qst/IC/SI for precision. 2.) use of F2 screen to manural target. This left ur ship extremely vulnerable to attack.

In other words, u need some one to watch ur back, to do this.

But what if ur alone and/or out numbered, the moment u enter into core weapon range(Max 3700gu for Qst), you will be detected. Since dreads are detectable under 4000gu. Once detected, u will be attacked, or at very least ur intended prey will run.

Objective:
So I set out to creat a ship that can enter Core weapons range, and execute a Premptive Strike, undetected.

Note:
Some of u may say, a Siphon can cloake so it's easy. But like all kluth, it takes 5 to 6 seconds when u decloake to u can use ur weapons and counting in the travel time for the Core weapon, that 10-15 seconds before ur can detonate. That plenty of reaction time for ur target to get away. And SI happen to be the weakest of the 3 core weapons, it requires a direct hit to hull anything.

However, i have created a mod that allow the Siphon to remain Undetetable until I FIRE the weapon, and immedatly undetecable again.

and for the AD it is undetectable until i FIRE the weapon,( but I think the AD is less vulnerable to point jumps. =)

The key as it turns out is to balance the use of ECMs and AUX generators

SIPHON SetUp:
For Siphon, leave 2 AUX gen, and the rest (4) ECMs, which at 0 speed, give u -0.8 signature.

The Tactic is to:

1.) jump into 2100gu away from orbit or ur target with the ECM active, and immediately cloak. Deactivate ECM so they can't track u by the rings of ECM ripples on F2.
All ur target is going to notice is a single beep. The server wont even have time to display "Enemy detected"
(if u really want to be sneaky , jump 4000gu away, and work ur way close under impulse)

2.) Get into optimal postion for strike. ie. with most target not DIRECTLY facing u. Planet ECCM and Interdictor go into effect under 1000gu, go no closer to that, plus u'll have more time to evade erractic fire. but too far away, precision detonation of Core weapon becomes harder. So I recomend 1500-2200 (Max SI range about 2750gu).

3.) Set up target solution, directly target if u can, if not get ur weapon path as close to target as possible. Select wounded, or soft target, Suppy, Engi, pesky Scouts, Aft armor of TC and AC , or EAD, or Scale.

"One shot, one kill."-- do better, One shot, 2 kill, if theres a suppy supping a wunded mirver, target the suppy and ur may get both.

4.) Active ECM. Follow 1 sec later by Decloak. Fire ur SI. Cloak. Decativate ECM.
My record speed is 1.20 seconds from Core Weapon fire to 0 sig.

5.) Track ur core weapon progress using F2, Point Detonation is an Art, so ur have explore on ur own. I wont try to humiliate myself by trying to put my 2 cents in. Practice.

AD set UP:
For the Assult Dread, this is much harder since ur energy requirments are different. And u cant cloak once ur fire, u will be visible. but then ur tougher than a Siphon.

Mod 5 ECM and carry 4 AUX gene in ur Cargo ( This is legal, I checked)
remember ECM turn on/off with 'P' key
Link all ur AUX gene with a weapons number key, for example '7' key. pick one that u dont normally use.

Tactic:
1.) On ur travel to target system. use ure AUX gene so ur dont ran out of juice if u get an hostile encounter. Once u enter target system. deactivate u
ur AUX gene, '7' key, Switch in ur ECM, Activate. Deactivate Shields (optional, farther decrease ur sig)

2.) Jump into IC range (2800 i think), try to attack at ur MAX range, since u may have to run if ur vastly out numbered, and u can't cloak like a kluth ( it's ok, Ions are faster than the rest). do not attack until ur JD are charged again and turn slightly, for a quicker hit and run.

3.) Target solution and actrual strike is same as above.
4.) Execute Core Weapon Strike. Activate shield. Deactivate ECM. Point Detonation.

Conditional: 5.) If multiple Threats are present, forget about Point detonation. Deactivate ECM, switch out AUX gene, Activate, '7' key. And prepare for BATTLE!!

another option i have considerd, is to carry one- less AUXgen and uninstall ur core weapon as soon as u fire, so ur sig dont change. THIS DID NOT WORK however, b/c ur core weapon disppears as soon as ur uninstall ur weapon. SO DONT DO IT.

In Conlusion: I would like to thank various volunteers ( well... not so voluntaryones). Without their obliteration...akhem, i mean sacrifice, my research would not have been possible. I would like to thank the [-HP-] fleet, in particular, u were wonderfull guys. bear me no grudge, it was all in the name of science.

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-08-05 13:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-08-05 13:32 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-08-05 13:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2008-08-05 13:45 ]

Page created in 0.013427 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR