No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Why not to get byethost!
 Author Why not to get byethost!
DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-08-01 04:30   
I have a few questions and comments on the "Quality of service"

1. My site does not load all at once but the download hangs and then continues. I have had instances where it took up to 30s just to load 32 50x50 images under 100kb each on a 310kb/s connection.

2. Support has at times "Most times" taken over 4-5 hours to respond multiple times.

3. I am not getting my moneys worth.

4. I keep having issues with you guys. "some of my files are being throttled."

5. I am not pleased.

6. I will be terminating my account as soon as my payed time is up.

7. You guys have been lousy on providing service that at least resembles a professional web hosting company.

8. I do not expect to be charged to transfer my domain name to a new host. If you want to play that game I will simply create a new domain name.

9. I hope you try to ensure that the last little bit of my payed hosting plan with you guys goes a little smoother.

10. I have had many problems with you guys and not one compensation due to the trouble it caused and not the mention the head ache trying to get the support staff to understand what is going on. It is not that hard to see the problems when you simply download from the site or view some of the web pages that have 20 pictures on it that load in sequence... THEY STOP LOADING UP TO 30S and then the page finally finishes!!! I have had to switch my content systems many times to accommodate less and less bandwidth per second. even my current page don't load smoothly but lags out before it finishes.

Here come the questions.
11. Why is my site throttled again, it may not be in its entirety but portions of it are. You should not limit the bandwidth on paying customers do that to the free ones they don't pay for the service. I understand some limits but to limit my site to 100kb/s and some times even 56k/s when downloading as well as my visitors it is outrageous....

12. Why after all the problems I have had have I never been accommodated for the trouble? My site even went down for hours.... I am not sure how many but it was more than 3. Not a word about it from the staff, no email nothing.

13. I will never be hosting with you again due to the professionalism as well as the horrendously long wait times for support when something goes wrong.

14. I am tired of spelling it out to the support staff when there is something wrong... WHAT DO THEY THINK I MEAN WHEN I SAY MY BANDWIDTH IS GETTING THROTTLED??? good grief you guys know what I am referring to when I say that... It is "Spelled out for them..." My bandwidth is being Throttled!!!!

15. Why is this such a hard concept for your development staff or whoever it is that is in charge of how the users use their bandwidth. Get the information going as fast as possible. It gets the data through the system faster opening those resources that would actually be held up by the users before that waiting for there 20mb some times 50mb file to finish when it would have finished 3-6+ minutes faster in most situations making those resources available for other websites...

you should bring that up with the people in charge of bandwidth next time you decide to do anything that will farther limit users bandwidth "although if you limit it any more you will make some websites stop working as mine did due to your stupid bandwidth limits. throttling a page half way though the load cycle makes some websites unreadable/unusable as mine were."

16. I expect my remaining months of service to be completed in full, however I will expect my site's to be "Usable" I keep having to switch content management and compress files not meant to be compressed just to get it to load. I have been unable to build a decent site due to the ongoing issues of bandwidth throttling.

Please tell me what TOS I have broken if any to deserve degraded -unsuitable- service?

Simply put you guys have problems...
look into them and let me know if you want more suggestions.

Good luck with your other customers.

I will post the replys whenthey get around to it... there such a pain in the but.

Reply:

Hi there,

This sounds linked to our ddos protection services, and have toned down some settings that should help.

We have to have measures in please to try to stop attacks / bad bots / bad clients taking web servers 'off the rails', the balance is hard to get perfect for everyone, however you are the first person on this hosting server to show issues, hence why filters have been altered.

Please could you feedback if this has assisted.

Regards

[ This Message was edited by: Agent DarkSpin *R* on 2008-08-01 15:04 ]

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-08-01 07:40   
http://www.evohosting.co.uk/

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-08-01 07:44   
My god man. This is why you could never code. Holy freakin' syntax errors.

On an unrelated note, the site I used to run used Lunarpages. Worked well.

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-08-01 14:43   
Thank you for the link jack

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-08-01 20:26   
They're website fails and "vistapanel" is er, well its crap and if you love errors and miscode then go for byet =P

On another note, anyone know a good dedicated Server or Co-Location company?

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-08-01 20:30   
I am always pleased with Pair Networks.

http://www.pair.com

If you want cheap dedicated servers, try http://www.serverbeach.com/

They are the "budget" version of Rackspace.

/internet consultant

[ This Message was edited by: dj42 {C?} on 2008-08-01 20:34 ]
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-08-03 07:24   
I found the reply to laughable.

Any case, best wishes with your new hosting provider.

Page created in 0.013106 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR