Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Dam anti kluth game!
 Author Dam anti kluth game!
SR1 NORMANDY(Wales)
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-28 08:46   
iv been talking to many kluth and weve came to say that this game is very anti kluth with becons, other factions stealing our weps, and other things

as we have the clock the other factions use becaons wich take our advantage of strealth to cover our weker armor but the icc get shealds wich have no weekness exept the recharge when hit but that dosnt effect them as grately as becons do to us e.g. it dosnt take them 5-8 mins out of the battel recharging but we do geting the becons of us it is understandible that the icc have shealds but giving there shealds almost no noticible weeknes is unfair why cant the have a weekness like giving us an anti sheald pulse beam or sumthing like

also if other factions can have our stronger wepons why cant we get reflective armor of sorts to counter this

sorry about my spelling before hand lol

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-28 08:55   
This has been a widely known issue for quite some time now. Yes K'luth are the underdogs this patch. Witch ironically is why I like flying them so much. Nothing is going to change about 1.483 to make that any different. It's been this way for almost 3 years now, and will stay that way until 1.500 is released.

However beta is comming along nicely and a lot of changes have been made to fix a lot of the problems you mentioned.

1. Beacons no longer make it so you can't cloak. It just adds time to how long it takes for you to cloak. Meaning the more beacons you have the longer it will take for you to cloak. Also you can only get 3 beacons on you at one time max. After that none of the other beacons will stick, and cause your sig to go up.

2. ICC shields have been fixed. Everything is leveled based on hull now. Meaning Dessys, Frigs, scouts and so on can no longer fit level 10 shields and become over powered as they are now.

3. Players will no longer be able to use other factions technology. Each factions technology will be locked to that faction. Meaning we can't steal their weapons, and they can't steal ours. This helps out a lot with balancing the game.

Although I can't offer any real solutions to your current problems with 1.483 I can let you know what is being done about it in 1.500. Hope this helps.

-Smartin-

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-28 12:13   
K'luth are disadvataged this patch but thats why people go there, some of the best players are on luth because they require a different style of play to the human factions.

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-07-28 13:28   
I disagree, partially - but my disagreement is from the advantage of having played Darkspace since late 2002.

I do like Smartin's answer which seems to specifically address your concerns.

Very briefly, the key to understanding how to fly your own ships has everything to do with understanding how to fly your opponents ships even better. It's one thing for an old veteran to suggest tactics while explaining why...versus just knowing when they're vulnerable.

In my opinion, although being able to rotate shields is a huge advantage, shields are a huge power drain and power management problem. While the Kluth can be just as bad...with the Kluth, it depends more on how you fight. What you may not realize is - ICC ships that fire often tend to run out of power quickly. Once their shields take damage and need to recharge, you often can't run above 50% speed without discharging your reserves.

A common ICC power management trick is to turn off the shields entirely sometimes from necessity, not preference.

Nax

[ This Message was edited by: Fornax on 2008-07-28 13:31 ]

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2008-07-28 13:45   
I have done that before... as a player that started off playing DS as ICC energy management is a pain...

I cannot remember how many times I looked down at the botom of my screen yelling "Hurry up and RECHARGE!" all the while trying to be slow enough to recharge but fast enough not to be a sitting duck...

If you are having problems with players and thier shields I am sorry .. Like Smartin said.. things are being fixed.. I have played in Beta and wow.. we got some good things coming!

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-28 13:49   
too true. i love it and the mpst improtant thing for me is that it is lag-free

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-07-28 14:05   
Shields and, to a much smaller extent armour, are slightly bugged this patch. You can see the problem with shields much more visibly (wherein upgrading them to 10 on smaller ships tips them far over the scale of where they were intended to be).

This is being remedied in 1.500.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-07-28 15:40   
So UGTO scouts are supposed to be unkillable to anything less than a triple Ion barrage then?

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-07-28 18:45   
I have played all 3 factions in this patch and in others under alternate names. I have spent a good time as luth this time around, since 2006, and find it to be the most fun since is seems to be the most of a challenge. Go back 6 - 9 months ago and luth was hurting even more, just a handfull of us stayed loyal.

It isnt just the horribly low armor we have, but the horribly low #'s of players we also have. Those of you who mock us for cloaking, hiding, etc....obviously you are new players and thats ok. But when you are 2 luth against say...10 utgo, or icc, then the name of the game is to strike at what is to be the easiest target and fade away and repeate.

Luth is this particular patch is certainly the most difficult faction to win fights in, but if played properly, you can hold a pretty good kill/death ratio and still climb the ranks.

[ This Message was edited by: Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) on 2008-07-28 18:47 ]

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-28 19:30   
Quote:

On 2008-07-28 15:40, Coeus wrote:
So UGTO scouts are supposed to be unkillable to anything less than a triple Ion barrage then?

no, thats all scouts

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-28 20:02   
My love of the Kluth faction stems a great deal from the underdog status we enjoy. It is true, our armor sucks, our weapons are inferior for the most part and our player numbers are at times bleak.

I have been fleeted in all 3 factions at one time or another, and I find things I really enjoy and really dislike in each.

One thing about Kluth, the aspect that keeps me here permanently, is that there is no better faction for solo operation deep in enemy territory. If you are the only one on, and you can manage to find an ICC/UGTO fight, it is not difficult to sneak around taking shots of opportunity.

Also, taking a properly modded Brood into enemy territory to establish a beachhead is a favorite tactic of mine. That said, I will miss being able to load particle canons, IT missiles and pulse beams on my Brood.

Still, can't wait for 1.500 to come out.

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-07-29 06:20   
What Sanity & Spavixx said is exactly my point. Long time Kluth pilots with a lot of experience stating they're having a blast. It's hard but not impossibly - it's just how you fly.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-07-29 11:28   
WHY SO SERIOUS?

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-07-30 00:19   
Lol, i think the whole point behind K'luth is that we need usually 2 ships to 1 eneme...meaning you need to fight together, either with a partner, or in a pack... making us the perfect veteran faction, because we need experienced players who know how to work with each ship, and with 1 or more people seamlessly, and without alot of questions. When attacking a target, 'C', 'A' uncloaks, fires, cloaks, recharges, rince wash repeat. While 'A' is cloaking and recharging, 'B' uncloaks, fires, cloaks, and recharges. we are a hit and run faction...HIT and RUN being the key words here...

Swis$

Page created in 0.020893 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR