Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Two Weeks™ and "change"...
 Author Two Weeks™ and "change"...
DarkKnight08
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-27 17:22   
The only constant in Life is change.

But even the more stressful moments can have a certain amount of hilarity to them.

So I turn in my two week notice into my employer. As my new "excuse for a boss" is reading my eloquent prose about how I am forced to relocate due to family obligations (I am obliged to move closer to the part of the family that shouldn't be locked away in a mental institution), and that the current financial strains are too great (unless I get rehired as a Temp who currently make more than an employee of 5 years or more); he stops and looks at me with a question on their mind.

"Why did you put down this?" He shows me what I have written; the words "Two Weeks™" are in bold. I smile and then respond, "I believe that everything is spelled correctly." Promptly I walk away, leaving him with a confused look on his face.

I wonder if I could put 2 X Two Weeks™ in my letter to my landlord... something to think about.

Now, I don't mind the time I have spent here in "The Natural State" - read Arkansas. I have learned, if nothing else, that once you experienced 90%+ humidity coupled with 90 F temps, that you either love it or you don't.
I don't.

Almost everyone here in Arkansas I have talked to about moving asks the inevitable question, "Where are you moving to?"
"Montana." I simply reply.
"Why there?!?" they ask with shock and fear.
"Because it's not here." I simply reply.

Note: Those of you who know me and have fought beside me in the MV have probably already figured out that I am a man of few words. This can have it's benefits. But anyway.

"But what does Montana have that Arkansas doesn't?"
"Mountains." I simply reply.
"We have the Ozarks!" they protest.
Now I pause. I thinl about that statement for a split second and... simply reply.

"Yes, those are nice... hills. But I grew up in Northern California. You know, the Sierra Nevada?"

I have often wondered what a glazed look, well, looked like. Now I know.

"I have always wanted to see the Rocky Mountains. Now I can." The glazed look remains.
My brother has always said that the further south you go, the water gets worse; good thing I purify all my water.

And so, in a short while, I will be cut off from the Internet - But I shall return; for better or worse. I fear I will miss the use of a high speed connection; much like reverting back from a sports car to an economy car.

So what little spare time I have before I pull the plug, will be spent in Beta. Now don't take this the wrong way Devs, but use me as you see fit (Beta testing purposes only please).

Now if you've read this whole post; well, what can I say? You really need a break from the forums...

We embrace the Darkness...

We are the Darkness...

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-06-27 17:41   
ok, c ya around man, i hope montana is great, i personally hae never left new england, so i wouldent know what it would be like.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-27 23:54   
ahhh darkknight my engie buddy...i'll miss ya and have fun in montana....Thuggie lives up there im sure he could show ya around lol

Email GothThug {C?}
Page created in 0.006098 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR