Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Can you remeber...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Can you remeber...
Quistis {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-06-09 13:30   
The exact moment you were promoted to FA?

I can still remember that day.

This was one of those ledgendary, but forgotten MV battles, where 25+ ICC were camped defending against no less than 30 UGTO. Each had roughly one half of the system but the battle was a total stalemate.

Wave after wave of Mirv's were streaming back and forth in a futile attempt to take the other sides planet and no one wanted to make a move, because the wrong move meant certain death and a long trip back.

Meanwhile us Kluthies lie silent just outside the outer rim of the battle, like sharks, with a negative sigs, CL lasers and Fusion Torps, waiting to pick off the stranded or the wounded. Those that we didn't snare fell victim to our massive mine fields. We had one moon that were using to re arm but our objective wasn't to win the system, it was to wreak havoc and strike fear into any poor soul that was trapped by our dicrtor. The only thing we feared was running out of power and getting stranded ourselves.

Finally the time was right and an assualt was planned. The ICC had just cloud bombed and capped one of the UGTO planets and it was time for us to move in ourselves. I'll never forget that attavck wave. Alleycat, Knight Arthur, Griff, Pizza the Hut, JRE, JM, Tops, Pants, Killa, Evil Bob, Gods Soldier, Josef, Maskerade and my little sis Zeroin were amongst the few names that I can still recall, but there had to be at least 25 of us all on follow. All ready to jump.

The dictor was down so we jumped right into the orbit of the planet and started to cap. It was so silent, it was so easy. These were the days Kluthies could jump cloaked

Suddenly ICC and UGTO started jumping in from everywhere. I can remember my sig going from -122 to somewhere in the hundreds instantaneously. My entire map was filled with red icons all I could think of was get out and get out now but there was no chance. The dictors were already in place trapping us, pressing us against the planet.

They came right at us, MD's and MC's firing full salvos, Carriers, BDs, ADs, TCs... the UGTO and ICC were slaughtering us. We couldnt even get back into the system cause teh gates were camped.

What's worse was Armand, Banshee and Starfist were out there, the last three guys I wanted to meet in a wounded dread, or any dread for that matter. We fought well but it was useless, we were a wounded, bleeding fleet trying to run but unable to jump to safety.

My wounded Ganglia finally made it to a wounded scale. I let both my reloads fly. I got the scale's hull and armor up to about 85 or so when my assassins came. They jumped in about 500 gru behind me, two Torp cruisers with a dictor by their sides. I sighed but smiled cause this WAS a good way to die, so I went full throttle right at them, the wounded scale at my side. I hit that lead TC with everything I had two full salvos with one reload on the scale and one on me. The fired back and took out the scale, it was over...but for some reason the dictor jumped. i'll never know why that dictor jumped away but it did.

Knight Arthur and Alleycat both in Claws jumped in practically on my head and pulverized those TCs. There was nothing left. They circled around and I started repairing them. As I was typing "THANKS GUYS", I saw it, "Quistis has been promoted to Fleet Admiral"

I was so happy I almost fell off my couch.

Banshee was the first to congratulate me over /enemy chat. Im pretty sure LArky was second, but I didn't see the rest I was so happy...I was so happy I was jumping up and down on my couch, I was so happy I was yelling in my living room, I was so happy I e-jumped right into the planet we were building.

I was so happy I got my self demoted back to Admiral.

Live long Darkspace, your memories will always stay with us!

[ This Message was edited by: Quistis {C?} on 2008-06-09 14:54 ]

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-09 14:06   
LOL you musta been gutted when you e-jumped lol

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-09 14:55   
tail end of a free trial at some point in the distant past, not much more than an hour before it was over and i'd be relegated back to the newbie server with all the other unsubs. got promoted, pulled out a EAD, went "wow", and logged off for lunch

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-09 15:48   
very detail memory there

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-09 16:01   
I remember when I was promoted to Fleet Admiral.

wait, i'm still only a vice admiral.

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2008-06-09 16:06   
hmm i remember when i got promoted to Fleet Admiral...was rather anti-climatic to be honest..

Was just a small skirmish in R33 over Paul cluster, saw some ICC ships trying to bomb it, jumped in with my BD, killed the bomber dreadnaught and the suppy when a Line Station undocked at Paul, went on firing at him and next thing ya know "Veronw has been promoted to Fleet Admiral" and a bunch of "gratz" were popping up

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-09 17:22   
The first time? or the 2nd time? the first time i got FA was in a scenario server in FA and i got FA by um..i believe Supplying people...the 2nd time i got FA i was building in BD43 at the planet Andys Planet....and a bunch of /send F Gratz and /e Grats were being said...then the demotion squad came...but didnt get me xD

Email GothThug {C?}
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-06-09 22:12   
Sad thing is I dont remember it happening. Usually got promoted in a middle of combat and missed it for concentrating.

Side note - I <3 you Emmy!

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-06-10 00:42   
i was silently bombing back some Kluth planets ICC were relentlessly taking from us. so yeah...nothing interesting here. ( i was in TB at the time, as kluth)

*is a loser*

[ This Message was edited by: leonide *EP5* on 2008-06-10 00:43 ]

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
codenemesis
Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-10 00:57   
Well, when I first got my aggie it was like you guys getting FA right?
Heck i forget when it was, all i know was that i was in a sup next to feral in his LSB, an enemy appeared, hurt feral a little bit but got me to VA...hooray me....

(Thanks feral!)

Granted i got demoted a while after that, like a week or so though, got angry, left for what...a week? came back and started playing again...
Omnomnom pres
00:44:23 Feralwulf: \"I am, therefore I ban\"

|Kakashi|
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-10 01:55   
I remember. I was suppling a Neutron bomer.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-10 02:55   
Quote:

On 2008-06-10 01:55, $parx™ wrote:
I remember. I was a Neutron bomber.

Fix't!

Email GothThug {C?}
Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2008-06-10 03:50   
In the middle of the night, no one on, Demorian and I in the UGTO homesystem running scout missions.

Whoops, secret's out.

Email Ramius
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2008-06-10 11:49   
My happiest moment was one of the darkest as well.
i managed to get promoted to FA in the Admiral server, the fight was long and supply's were flying just as fast as the bodybags back home, at nearly the end i was on the UGTO team *shame on me* and the EAD managed to rip a good piece out of a Hive without armor, that was when my promotion got in... i immediately jumped out because of that little bite out of the hive the whole bug army was after me.. and i hate Demoted lines

- Axi

DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-06-10 16:48   
Well when I get promoted to FA, which I'm sure will be quite a while, I'll make sure to take notes on who, what, when and where so I can post the details and give thanks to everyone involved.

Until then,

DMC-13

P.S.
The Demotion Squad will have to get past my newly built cluster of planets that I'll be sitting in to get to me, LOL.

Email DMC-13
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026175 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR