No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +11.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Darkspace: A Skill Based Game?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Darkspace: A Skill Based Game?
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-06-14 17:22   
Quote:

On 2008-06-11 20:07, Shigernafy wrote:

I also still haven't seen a very clear solution proposed.

For there to be solutions, one must first admit there is a problem.

When beta is done, then our apprasial can perhaps be better answered. Until then, it's alot like telling an artist his picture is crappy before its done.

Wait and see... and hope Dev's are still willing to make changes after it is. I doubt many painters would.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise on 2008-06-14 17:49 ]

Hyper Nova
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2008-06-15 15:23   
I got the chance to go to the beta fourums finally, and it seems that some ppl think that ds is becoming class based. Bcause ds HAS class ships its (im my opinion) hard for the devs to keep it a Skill based game. Im not trying to divert players but, a reall skill based game would look like this http://www.maidmarian.com/Tank.htm . If this would get ideas for dev. But i know players would prob hate there not being diffrent clas ships. But thats my input.

[ This Message was edited by: Wolf in the night on 2008-06-15 15:24 ]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-15 23:28   
in Defense of leonide, he does get angry, and so do i, all this petty bickering over what fracking version shouldbe the next 480...Honestly people come on...we do NOT want another BUGGED UP MESSED UP VERSION LIKE 483.....need i remind you of the Flux Patch, The ECM/Kluth Dominance patch, the QSB Patch...christ all you all who want a game for EASY prestige need to get yo heads outcho asses that includes YOU coeus....yes YOU! YOU UNGREATFUL swine.....Drafell, shig, Eledore, Myself, Taelron, and Faustus have been tryin to test out the bugs in beta...to get it working so we can release it to the public, and i usually dont check the beta forums....and i wish i didnt tonight because well.....to put it simply..

1.500 WILL NOT BECOME ANOTHER 480!!!!!NOT EVER NO! [/b] and you all want easier prestige combat prestige at that[/b]

Jack, Draf, Eledore, Leonide, Smartin and everyone else who has worked on this patch, i salute you, and hope this patch rocks because all these haters....their opinions dont matter...they're ungreatful swine....and to be quite honest...im tired of reading the BULLCRAP about 1.5 and how its gonna be the downfall of DS WHEN ITS NOT EVEN RELEASED YET! my god!

Email GothThug {C?}
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-15 23:33   
Quote:

On 2008-06-15 23:28, GothThug {C?} wrote:

1.500 WILL NOT BECOME ANOTHER 480!!!!!NOT EVER NO! [/b] and you all want easier prestige combat prestige at that[/b]

Maybe you didn't read this. again

Quote:

On 2008-06-08 15:02, Crim {OLIOLIO} wrote:

No, we're not saying bring back .480-.481. We're saying bring back the skill involved.

Quote:

and hope this patch rocks because all these haters....their opinions dont matter...they're ungreatful swine....and to be quite honest...im tired of reading the BULLCRAP about 1.5 and how its gonna be the downfall of DS WHEN ITS NOT EVEN RELEASED YET! my god!

Quote:

Goththug Posted: 2008-06-08 14:55

i agree with the 2 of you, except for 1 thing, 1.500 is supposed to be bringing skill back

This post grants you the attention you wanted. Nothing else needs more to be said.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-06-16 08:48   
Quote:

On 2008-06-15 15:23, Wolf in the night wrote:
a reall skill based game would look like this http://www.maidmarian.com/Tank.htm

I don't think we can take balance advice from a web based game (that honestly looks rubbish).

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-16 11:46   
hehe, jack i was thinkin that

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-06-16 12:01   
Quote:

On 2008-06-14 17:22, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-06-11 20:07, Shigernafy wrote:

I also still haven't seen a very clear solution proposed.

For there to be solutions, one must first admit there is a problem.

When beta is done, then our apprasial can perhaps be better answered. Until then, it's alot like telling an artist his picture is crappy before its done.

Wait and see... and hope Dev's are still willing to make changes after it is. I doubt many painters would.

-Ent

This, I think, was my major beef. A lot of the issues in the ship balance & how the ranks relate to eachother as I saw them weren't being addressed, and I fear that they will continue. I want DS to be fun again, its that simple. I'm of the opinion that if the standard line is "This parts not done yet, stop bothering with that part, we'll get to it." then "that part" won't get the attention it needs because it was delayed for so long, instead of on the agenda with a rough goal in mind the whole time.

@Rob, thats why most intelligent people ignore his posts entirely. Save some of your braincells bro.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Hyper Nova
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2008-06-16 15:24   
Quote:

On 2008-06-16 08:48, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-06-15 15:23, Wolf in the night wrote:
a reall skill based game would look like this http://www.maidmarian.com/Tank.htm

I don't think we can take balance advice from a web based game (that honestly looks rubbish).

The reason i did this was because in that game, there is only one tank. Meaning that the only thing diffreing in ppl is skill, not class. Emphisising that a noob canot ever posible come close to beating a person who has been playing for a long time. They would have to gain skill with tacticks not just doing somthing to gain press then beating the vet like they have been there longer. Unless the vet just pumps out a large fleet or stronger ship and "pwns" the noob. Of course having only one ship in ds would be kinda boring. But it was just a thought, not action.

EDIT:Ignore typos

[ This Message was edited by: Wolf in the night on 2008-06-16 15:32 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-06-17 08:06   
Ah, I thought you meant the pick-up style play...

Ah, well, we don't want to have just one ship. So, out goes that idea

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-17 17:57   
ok so maybe we dont agree on if there is a problem with the game

but we can all agree that there can be improvements to the game. So lets think about methods to make the game more skill based.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.017019 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR