No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +15.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » friend chat
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author friend chat
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-05-29 14:05   
Ok as u already changed alot of colors, ive noticed u havent changed the collors on the chat/lobby. Sometimes when i log on i have like 200++ offline messages. would be cool if u could make collor on those so u know whats friend chat and what have been sent by clan/other members.

Also when on the topic, why does friend chat come on offline messages? is it necesary? not like many reads it anyways...

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-29 15:35   
I like offlines, and I like f chat, however it would be awesome to have /send f still white and /send c maybe a different colour within the lobby, since its more of an official game type of chat instead of just friends chatting.

I wonder if ingame you could have a seperate chat box for Clan chat etc, Or even tabs for the different chats, Customizable of course.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-29 20:58   
I have two Suggestions for friend chat:

1) Color them, as Timbo suggested.

2) Make it act like clan chat - people offline don't receive it, unelss you specifically do /send friendoffline

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-30 22:13   
Personally, I like offlines as well. So with my bias in there, is there a color scheme you'd like, if I were to try that?

Email Shigernafy
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-05-31 20:29   
oh blue and red or somethign...dosnt mather realy

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-05-31 21:28   
#FFFFFF White = Clan / Modt
#C2C2C2 Grey = Friends

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-31 21:53   
Quick clarification: Were you picturing just the * Username @123456 sent to friends part of the message being colored, just the text being sent, or the entire thing?

[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2008-05-31 23:13 ]

Email Shigernafy
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-06-01 11:01   
I would say the entire thing.
Makes it more easy to spot the difference.

Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-06-03 10:37   
yeh entire thing..

Anyways as i see some have diffrent opinions about friend chat can be stored offline or not, could there be a swtich in option that allows us to select if we want offline messages or not? and on what type like clan or friend chat. And maybe have it disabled on default or something..

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-04 01:20   
The way that the server determines saves or not is such that doing so would require the server to have that information stored in the database, and it would have to poll it each time a message was sent, for each recipient. Considering that could be up to 64 queries per message, I think the cost is too high. Or we'd have to redesign how the messages work, which is also too complicated.

So no, you can't have a switch for it.

I'll play around with color sometime in the next few weeks to see if anything looks reasonable. I'm pretty busy though.

Email Shigernafy
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-05 20:43   
I'm not sure I want it colored.

I did some playing around, and wasn't really happy with it - gray isn't the best color, according to feedback I received, but having it be a real color runs the risk of it being mistaken for regular chat. While it often fills that role, /sends have a special place in the chat [color scheme].

Unless I get more feedback, this isn't going anywhere.

Email Shigernafy
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-06-05 21:07   
I did some testing when i posted the suggestion.
No one noticed the difference to slight grey, but i didn't mention it to them either. and i just suggested it here in the hopes that people would start to talk about it, unfortunately that didn't happen.

But indeed the problem is that it may not conflict as normal chat. But considering there is no time index in front of friends, clan and personal chat, there should not be a major problem.
However as thinking about it, do we just change this for GameCQ or for DS as well?

About that to use for the color, i should not be one of the current allowed colors inside the GameCQ for players.
Therefore it must either be something that can't be used by players or adjust the allowed colors for players so it opens up more to be used.

As you i want to test this out before we make the adjustments and its not like i haven't tested out some colors, but the real colors i want to test are outside the players range to use.
e.g. #330055, #ffddff, #660000 (and some that currently work in chat) #ffeeff, #cceeaa
there just some examples i have experemented with.

Hope people realy reply on this and plz more Feedback!

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-06 23:04   
Quote:

On 2008-06-05 20:43, Shigernafy wrote:

Unless I get more feedback, this isn't going anywhere.

Why not just color it that regular persons chat color again?

Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2008-06-07 16:32   
Go at it from a different direction. Instead of changing the message text, just change the colour of the predestinator. IE the [MODTALK], [STAFFSEND] "* You sent to Friends", "You have sent to xxx" part. Use primary colours which are easy to distinguish, and reflect the usage of that message.

IE MODTALK would be primary green, FRIEND primary blue, or some such.... same for clan etc.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-06-07 16:34   
Quote:

On 2008-06-07 16:32, Mr Black wrote:
Go at it from a different direction. Instead of changing the message text, just change the colour of the predestinator. IE the [MODTALK], [STAFFSEND] "* You sent to Friends", "You have sent to xxx" part. Use primary colours which are easy to distinguish, and reflect the usage of that message.

IE MODTALK would be primary green, FRIEND primary blue, or some such.... same for clan etc.

Still doesn't fix WALL OF WHITE AND OVERBEARING TEXT FROM FRIENDS SPAM when you log in

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020586 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR