No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +11.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Customizing your ship
 Author Customizing your ship
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-05-13 09:55   
I have come to realize while trying out BETA that the possibility to customize your ship is almost impossible now. For example, the ELF beams on the Siphon. I hate them, I never used em and always swapped them out for ass. ruptors. I hope this becomes possible. Overall it feels like you get what the ship comes with stock...boring in my eyes. I actually like modding a ship in every aspect. It makes you not want to do dumb mistakes and get killed.

So, instead of whining and not even having a suggestion or a solution, im gonna throw out an idea.

How bout making some of these changes cost more credits. Make it expensive...real expensive to totally customize your ship. Thats half the fun for me. The only single thing that would make me leave DS personally is if I get stuck with a stock ship everytime with minimal choices of changes to make. I mean honestly, how many video games out there now that has customization restrictd or limited.....thats waht makes modern day video games now. I dont want scale #55...I want SANITYS scale, one with no PD, no beams and full PC's and torps. Some of these weapons layouts i find boring and I only want to express what we are losing in this game by limiting the options of what to put on your ship.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-05-13 11:24   
I so saw this coming.
Lucky you forgot to mention swapping out devices for others you have in your hold. (some people find this really useful.)

Currently there trying to balance the factions out in 484. This means every ship needs to have a certain weakness, may not be overpowered and will not overspecialize on a single thing.
your suggestion of ship customizations is something that we might see in the future, Credits for extra fun.

[darn want to type more but need to go. will finish later]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-13 13:22   
lol...san i suggested something like this like WAY YONDER ago....im senseing a hint of De-ja-Vu in this post...but yeah...wont happen..

Email GothThug {C?}
Chuck Norris
Captain

Posted: 2008-05-14 03:34   
/me likes idea but admins will throw it in the Suggestion Box

|Kakashi|
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-14 05:22   
Speechless, Neb.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-05-14 10:07   
You'll start finding this across more and more ships as we finalise designs and upgrade paths.

Unfortunately, it is a necessary step to take in order to balance out DarkSpace, and yes, it is a minor imbalance - ships such as the Siphon cannot have umpteen number of Assault Disruptors - they are very powerful, ideally we want to limit their number to control the ships damage output (which is already rather high).

But this isn't the real issue here - the real issue is that you don't like ELF, so perhaps you could make some suggestions to make it more useful in your book? I already see it as a VERY powerful utility for K'luth ships (causing weapons to recharge, and in the processes using up a lot of energy).

We also haven't finalised any new weapons for K'luth, and there will be some. We also have to be aware of glaring game design flaws, such as Siphons with umpteen ELF beams, which when fired, would just drain a ship to 0/(number here). I think you can agree that it's not exactly the best design in the world.

Hence, we've locked ELF out. But please be aware that new K'luth weapons will be coming in - we want you guys to have just as many customisation options as UGTO and ICC in this kind of area.

Page created in 0.010582 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR