No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +12.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Mines and/or Scanners
 Author Mines and/or Scanners
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-05-11 20:17   
Well, once again I am messing with beta and became enraged. This time, it was the mines and scanners.

Mines
What is the deal? I remember when mines instilled fear into people. We were just talking about this on F Chat and Crim put it best:
Quote:

* [Raven]Crim {R33} @94102 sent to Friends: "But honestly. A destoyer hits mines, it dies, same for a cruiser. A dread hits em, and it gets wounded. Thats how it works. Not frigates just get scratched"

I even tested the mine strength with the scarab in beta the other day. Yes I know Cruisers aren't fixed yet, but the strength of 2 stacks of mines did almost no damage to a destroyer. As Crim put it, mines should be a threat to all ships. Next, what is hte deal with making them visible immediately? Why are we not making them hidden until you are just on them? Currently you lay mines, and have to ecm fort them for 20 minutes until someone flies over them or pulse waves them. This leads me to my next point.

Scanners
What is the use of them anymore? I remember when they were useful for long range bombing and finding mines. Currently, they just serve as another device. So really I just have a question on this area which is whether or not they are going to be made useful for bombers to target specific structures on a planet and/or be useful in finding mines.

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Page created in 0.005498 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR